The Typo Topic

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22
posted on August 5th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Yeah, I guess you are right.
posted on September 6th, 2010, 12:45 pm
The Breen Energy Dampner says it disables systems of 'a hostile units'. 1 ship or 2?
posted on September 6th, 2010, 12:46 pm
the special? it only hits 1 ship as far as i know.

the rank bonus i think also only hits the ship its firing at.
posted on September 6th, 2010, 12:48 pm
Then 'units' is the typo, I guess.
posted on September 22nd, 2010, 2:40 pm
Just because this is too amusing:

Not a stone was left standing: 99% of all models, graphics, sounds, scripts rewritten or replaced

The idiom should be:

Not a stone left unturned
  :blush:
posted on September 22nd, 2010, 2:51 pm
Well, unless they are trying to say that they destroyed everything, in which case they used the right idiom.
posted on September 22nd, 2010, 3:38 pm
Funny, I noticed the same thing last night.
posted on September 23rd, 2010, 1:20 pm
loki_999 wrote:Well, unless they are trying to say that they destroyed everything, in which case they used the right idiom.

haha, great. thanks for pointing that out :) i hope the new phrase is better :P
posted on September 23rd, 2010, 2:09 pm
DOCa Cola wrote:haha, great. thanks for pointing that out :) i hope the new phrase is better :P

Nope, it assumes that new players have previously played Armada 2.

What Dom said was better.
Dominus_Noctis wrote:The idiom should be:
Not a stone left unturned

posted on September 23rd, 2010, 2:10 pm
that's what i assume they have :P if not, i can live with that :)
posted on September 23rd, 2010, 2:18 pm
Yeah, I'm actually finding that a large proportion of new online Fleet Ops players have never had experience with A2 at all  :sweatdrop: .
posted on November 13th, 2010, 4:50 pm
remore precise volley tooltip mentions the remore not having enough torps to use effectively in battle. but the remore has a standard torpedo launcher, which is kinda effective.

i'd keep the remark and just only let the remore have torpedoes at officer or veteran.
posted on November 26th, 2010, 3:42 am
Myles wrote:remore precise volley tooltip mentions the remore not having enough torps to use effectively in battle. but the remore has a standard torpedo launcher, which is kinda effective.

i'd keep the remark and just only let the remore have torpedoes at officer or veteran.

That's more a balance change request than a typo catch.
posted on November 26th, 2010, 8:05 pm
Primigenia wrote:That's more a balance change request than a typo catch.

at the moment its a typo since the remore gets its torpedo launcher when built, yet the tooltip disagrees.
posted on November 26th, 2010, 8:17 pm
The Remore's torpedo launcher fires 1/2 as frequently as its phaser and only fires in a forward arc. I'd say that's a significant decrease in effectiveness compared to almost all other Federation vessels ;). It's all technobabble opinion though - if Optec views it as less effective, it is, isn't it? Afterall, you don't know what the Remore would be like if it was had an effective cache of torpedoes ^-^
1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22