The Typo Topic

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
posted on September 3rd, 2011, 10:03 am
whoopa. thanks :)
posted on December 11th, 2011, 1:16 am
Once again in the 3.2.6 patch setup, the changelog for the patch is given with the statement "The full chancelog can be found in the readme file after installation."
posted on January 5th, 2012, 5:23 am
Not too much of a typo, but very odd wording:

Refractive Shielding: Resistance against all weapons for each point of incoming damage below 10. Romulan engineers spent years developing a configurable shield system of tight fragments, greatly reducing the efficiency of weaponry with low average, but high peak energy profiles.

What does the passive actually do? Does it remove one point of damage from every ten? Does it completely reduce damage below 10? does it counter 10% of the damage? This passive could definitely use some less ambiguous wording.
posted on January 22nd, 2012, 2:23 pm
I believe it gives a resistance to weapons that do less than 10 points of damage per hit, and that resistance is increased the lower the damage per shot. Meaning the shields are most effective against weak fast firing weapons and fighters etc.
posted on January 27th, 2012, 4:52 pm
i know that this is slightly off the topic, but i have noticed that there are several federation ships that have their names spelt wrong? For example the USS Hawai - this should be the USS Hawaii

Only a small thing
posted on January 27th, 2012, 7:03 pm
Names are always tricky, because it depends on what the name was originally intended to be. For instance,

Hawai is, according to Wikipedia:

Hawai, Tottori, town in Tottori Prefecture, Japan
    Hawai, India, the administrative headquarters of Anjaw District, in Arunachal Pradesh, India
    Hawai, New Zealand in New Zealand

So, it can be quite difficult to know if something is spelled wrong or not :)
posted on January 27th, 2012, 9:38 pm
Not that hard, since it will probably only be a more important place name (like a US state.)
Bozeman would probably be the biggest exception to that, but it is actually an important place not in real life but in Star Trek (first contact being quite close to it).
1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22