The Typo Topic

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22
posted on May 28th, 2009, 11:02 am
Last edited by HawkShark on May 28th, 2009, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh shit son, what infection did it turn out to be? I'd recommend AVG for some excellent anti-malware...
on the opinion matter, "clarity" (in language) is subjective. completely subjective in fact. my Opinion was that certain tool-tips were unclear, so i suggested fixes :) I guess the Typo thread might not be the perfect place for them, but its close enough.

On enabling, the same way a drug dealer enables a user. You make it available. In this situation its more like to grant access to the tech for the upgrade.

REEL

-verb (used without object) :blink:
1. to sway or rock under a blow, shock, etc.: The boxer reeled and fell.
2. to waver or fall back: The troops reeled and then ran.
3. to sway about in standing or walking, as from dizziness, intoxication, etc.; stagger.
4. to turn round and round; whirl.
5. to have a sensation of whirling: His brain reeled.

–verb (used with object) :ermm:
6. to wind on a reel, as thread, yarn, etc.
7. to unwind (silk filaments) from a cocoon.
8. to pull or draw by winding a line on a reel: to reel a fish in.

Bah humbug. I'm still at a loss with this one...  :innocent: OPTEC COME EXPLAIN YOURSELF!
posted on May 29th, 2009, 12:29 pm
Thanks for the detialed report, i adjusted some of the tooltips for 3.0.7 ^-^
posted on May 29th, 2009, 4:44 pm
Optec, I mentioned earlier that the Remore has a typo when promoted that says it has "Increased Right of Fire" which should be Increased Rate of Fire.

It wasn't acknowledged so I just wanted to make sure that it was an issue and that it didn't get lost in all the other posts.
posted on May 29th, 2009, 5:26 pm
Optec wrote:Thanks for the detialed report, i adjusted some of the tooltips for 3.0.7 ^-^

:woot: Aww shucks i was acknowledged by a deity  :woot:

I should have a Dominion one done for ya before the end of the day. (ill do the Gagh eaters next)
posted on May 29th, 2009, 9:46 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on May 30th, 2009, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The shield breaking torpedo tooltip (I forget if it's in the research menu or on the actual action bar on the K'Vort class) has the word "especially" mispelled, I believe as "exspecially".

EDIT: Also, the Sword of Kahless ability that one of the Klingon support ships has, "morale" is spelled "moral".
posted on May 30th, 2009, 3:14 am
Also, the kvorts sp weapon says it fires a torpedo especially adjusted to "break through the shields of an hostile target". The An should be A.
posted on May 30th, 2009, 8:29 am
yep the other typos have been fixed, too ^-^
posted on May 30th, 2009, 8:42 am
Capt. Komarov wrote:The shield breaking torpedo tooltip (I forget if it's in the research menu or on the actual action bar on the K'Vort class) has the word "especially" mispelled, I believe as "exspecially".

EDIT: Also, the Sword of Kahless ability that one of the Klingon support ships has, "morale" is spelled "moral".

Actually in this case it is Morale. Moral refers to ethics, and codes of conduct. The skill refers to morale, which is attitude and willingness to wage war in this case.
posted on June 7th, 2009, 2:38 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on June 7th, 2009, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All instances of "torpedos" should be changed to "torpedoes". Instances of enemies should become "enemy's". Instances of "allows to.." should be changed to something more along the lines of "allows you to" or "allows".

V-15 Dreadnaught should be spelled V-15 Dreadnought.
posted on June 8th, 2009, 1:17 am
HawkShark wrote:Actually in this case it is Morale. Moral refers to ethics, and codes of conduct. The skill refers to morale, which is attitude and willingness to wage war in this case.

I know, I was pointing out that "morale" was incorrectly spelled as "moral"...
posted on June 9th, 2009, 4:45 pm
Not sure if these have been mentioned before...

Playing as Romulans with General Helev:

The Generix Class' built at the Staryard and Klingon Mixed-Tech facility can be upgraded to the "Dreadnaught Refit", but the corresponding research at the Tal'Shiar Academy refers to the "Spectre Refit".
I don't know which is correct, but I know I prefer Spectre Refit to Dreadnaught :cloak:

And also there was a discrepancy in one of the buttons... I think it was the Borg Mixed-Tech station in the same game, the button shows a picture of something with extra pulse disruptors that *isn't* the Frigate Refit that the tooltip and what you actually produce agree on :)
posted on June 11th, 2009, 12:35 pm
Hi,

i found a typo in the tooltip of the Borg collective connections.
It shows "tooperate".. a space is missing.

Another one (not rly a typo, more a missed text change) occures when u defeat and ai.
The AI quit message still uses the old difficulty names.
posted on June 11th, 2009, 1:22 pm
Instances of "strategical" should be changed to "strategic" (aka, strategic defense, strategic offense)
posted on June 11th, 2009, 4:45 pm
ome wrote:Hi,

i found a typo in the tooltip of the Borg collective connections.
It shows "tooperate".. a space is missing.

Another one (not rly a typo, more a missed text change) occures when u defeat and ai.
The AI quit message still uses the old difficulty names.

So does the comm system :/
posted on June 15th, 2009, 12:35 am
Surcharges instead of supercharges  :lol:

Sus'a'
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22