The Typo Topic

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22
posted on May 21st, 2009, 6:51 am
Upgraded stations dont show their additional weapons in the tool tips.
posted on May 21st, 2009, 7:23 pm
That's because they don't get any extra weapons. >:( The thing is broken...

Anyway...

Officer-Ranked Remores don't have tooltips.
posted on May 21st, 2009, 7:30 pm
hm the Remore works fine for me. Do you have any further information about the situation where the tooltip is broken?

The additional weapons will be added to the starbase tooltips :)
posted on May 21st, 2009, 7:34 pm
I think Megaman meant that the officer-rank Remores don't get special ability listings on them: it's the same as basic Remores (at least that's the way it is for mine)  :D
posted on May 25th, 2009, 11:38 pm
Megaman3321 wrote:That's because they don't get any extra weapons. >:( The thing is broken...

You need to watch one fight.
posted on May 26th, 2009, 4:59 pm
Optec wrote:hm the Remore works fine for me. Do you have any further information about the situation where the tooltip is broken?

The additional weapons will be added to the starbase tooltips :)

No, I mean the entire tooltip isn't there. Then again, I did have a glitch with the installer.

And Tachyon is still mispelled!
posted on May 26th, 2009, 5:12 pm
Speaking of the Remore in 3.0.6...

A Promoted Remore says it has "Increased Right of Fire" shouldn't this be "Increased Rate of Fire"?
posted on May 27th, 2009, 1:38 am
Okay i did a reasonably exhaustive one for the romulans...  Here goes:

• Starbase: CHECK
• Mining Colony: CHECK
• Construction Ship: CHECK
• Freighter: CHECK
• Research Institute:
o Research Multi-Targeting Disrupter?
 Should be: Research Multi-Target Disrupter
o Research Vector Torpedo:  “Launches a torpedo that will bounce to additional 2 targets”
 Should be: “Launches a torpedo that will bounce to 2 additional targets after the first.”
o Research Tal’Shiar Agent: “Transport a agent to a hostile unit granting you its complete sensor information”
 Should be: “Transports an agent to a hostile unit granting you its complete sensor information”
o Research Rhienn Class Disrupter Refit: “Allows to upgrade the Rhienn Class to its disrupter refit”
 Should be: “Enables the disrupter refit for the Rhienn Class”
o Research Rhienn Class Torpedo Refit: “Allows to upgrade the Rhienn Class to its torpedo refit”
 Should be: “Enables the torpedo refit for the Rhienn Class”
o Research Talon Class Refit: “Allows to upgrade the Talon Class to its sensor refit”
 Should be: “Enables the sensor refit for the Talon Class”
o Basic Laehval System Upgrade:
 Conduits not condituis.
• Tal’Shiar Academy:
o Research Disrupter Bombardment: “Fires constant blasts of phasing plasma particles at an opponent unit.”
 Should be: “Fires a constant stream of phasing plasma particles at a hostile unit.”
o Research Radiation Array: “Damage is splitted through all valid targets”
 Should be: “Damage is divided amongst all valid targets”
o Research Multi- Purpose Weapons: “Allows to use the Norexans beam Disrupter as an additional pulse Disrupter weapon”
 Should be: “Allows the Norexan to use its beam disrupter as an additional pulse disrupter”
o Research Rei’karansu Covert-Ops Team: “The will immediately try to board it”
 Should be: “The will immediately attempt to capture it”
o Research Generix Frigate Refit: “Allows to upgrade the Generix Class to its frigate refit”
 Should be: “Enables the frigate refit for the Generix Class”
o Research Generix Support Refit: “Allows to upgrade the Generix Class to its support refit”
 Should be: “Enables the support refit for the Generix Class”
o Research Generix Spectre Refit: “Allows to upgrade the Generix Class to its Spectre refit”
 Should be: “Enables the Spectre refit for the Generix Class”
o Basic Generix System Upgrade: “Allows the Generix Class – Support Refit to use its level 2 ability”
 Should be: “Allows the Support Refit of the Generix Class to use its level 2 ability”
o Advanced Generix System Upgrade: “Allows the Generix Class – Support Refit to use its level 3 ability”
 Should be: “Allows the Support Refit of the Generix Class to use its level 3 ability”
• Upgrade Facility: All upgrades: “Increases the X for all your units by Y percent”
o Should be: ”Increases the X of all your units Y percent”
• Intelligence Center: CHECK
• Cloaking Generator: CHECK
• Spy Satellite: CHECK
• Disrupter Turret: CHECK
• Staryard:
o Prefine Defense Components: Order this yard to prefine shield generators and weapon systems used in the construction of stationary defense-structures. After Prefining is complete the resource costs of Disrupter Turrets and Spy Satellites are permanently decreased by 20% and their construction time is shortened by 35%
 Should be: Prefabricate Defense Components: Order this yard to construct the shield generators and weapon systems used on stationary defense-structures. After prefabrication is complete the resource costs of Disrupter Turrets and Spy Satellites are permanently decreased by 20% and their construction time is shortened by 35%
• Warbird Yard: CHECK

• Talon Class:
o cloak: “Hides this unit from the enemies sensors”
 Should be: Hides this unit from the enemy’s sensors
• Rhienn Class:
o Infiltrator: “Attacks of the Rhienn have a 50% chance to disable the weapons of a target station”
 Should be: Attacks by the Rhienn have 50% chance to disable the weapons of a targeted station
o Tetryon or Tetrion?
• Shrike Class: CHECK
• Leahval Class:
o “2x Particle Weapon: Deals increased damage to structural weak targets with a defense value of 20 or less”
 Should be: “2x Particle Weapon: Deals increased damage to structurally weak targets with a defense value of 20 or less”
o Dynamic Energy Allocation: Remote …
 Should be: Reroute…
o Advanced Energy Reeling?
 Should be: Advanced Energy Routing?
 Conduits not condituis
• Griffin Class:
o Advanced Energy Allocation: Remote…
 Should be: Reroute…
• Generix Class:
o **Frigate and Spectre upgrades both gain Plasma torp but isn’t listed in tooltip**
o **Frigate and Spectre refits when made veteran do NOT count towards the veterancy cap, allowing you to have 40 veteran spectre or frigate Generixs**
o Generix Class – Dreadnaught Refit: Allows to be equipped with the Combat-Cloak special ability
 Should be: Allows the ship to be equipped with the Combat-Cloak special ability
o Strategical Analysis
 Should be: Strategic Analysis
o Plasma Storage: “Increases the duration of the Plasma Bolt special ability by 4 second”
 Should be: “Increases the duration of the Plasma Bolt special ability by 4 seconds”
o Plasma Bolt: “An extrem-heat plasmabolt will deactivate the enemies weapon systems”
 Should be: An extremely hot plasma bolt will short out the enemy’s weapon systems
o Shield Recharge: “Rapidly recharge”
 Should be: “Rapidly recharges”
• Serkas Class: CHECK
• Eresis Class:
o Radiation Chambers “Increases the effect radius of the Radiation Array special ability and increases the damage dealt with it by 50 percent”
 Should be: Increases the effect radius of the Radiation Array special ability and increases the damage dealt by it by 50 percent
o Radiation Array:
 Should be: See above
o Specialized Defense: “Decrease damage received from special weapons by 30 percent and decreases the damage received by all targets by 10 percent for each special weapon the attacking vessel may have”
 Should be: Decrease the damage received from special weapons by 30 percent and decreases the damage received from all sources by 10 percent for each special weapon the attacking vessel may have
• Cehlaer Class:
o Assistant Singularity Cores?
 Should be: Secondary Singularity Cores
o Specialized Defense:
 Same as above
o Disrupter bombardment:
 Should be: See above
• D’deridex Class:
o Plasma Charge: “Bonusdamage is based on the distance to the attacker”
 Should be: Bonus damage is based on the distance to the target
o Specialized Defense
 Same issue before
• Norexan Class:
o Multi purpose weapons:
 Should be: see above
o Dagger Doctrine: “The rate of fire increase when opening fire is doubles, lasts twice as long and only takes 10 seconds to refresh”
 Should be: The rate of fire increase from opening fire is doubled, lasts twice as long and takes only 10 seconds to refresh
• Tavara Class:
o Multi-purpose weapons
 Doesn’t seem to work at all? Just insta-drains the whole energy reserve
posted on May 27th, 2009, 8:49 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on May 27th, 2009, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Actually RCIX, you have a few mistakes there:

Should be: Attacks by the Rhienn have 50% chance to disable the weapons of a targeted station
-----That's not correct:  Attacks by the Rhienn have a 50% chance to disable the weapons of a targeted station. The original was correct

Research Vector Torpedo:  “Launches a torpedo that will bounce to additional 2 targets”
   Should be: “Launches a torpedo that will bounce to 2 additional targets after the first.”
-----I believe the vector torpedo only hits two targets, so it should be "Launches a torpedo that will bounce to an additional target after the first"

 Should be: “Enables the BLANK refit for the BLANK Class”
-----That is incorrect: Should be, Allows the BLANK Class to upgrade to its BLANK refit

Research Radiation Array: “Damage is splitted through all valid targets”
   Should be: “Damage is divided amongst all valid targets”

----slightly odd English: should be Damage is split through all valid targets (you should not say divided amongst; it could be divided between though)

Should be: “The will immediately attempt to capture it”
----They will immediately attempt to capture it

Basic Generix System Upgrade: “Allows the Generix Class – Support Refit to use its level 2 ability”
----this phrasing is actually fine as it is. Yours is somewhat awkward on the other hand…

Saying reeling is also find (think of to reel ;))

A very good effort though, thanks RCIX
:thumbsup:
posted on May 27th, 2009, 8:59 pm
Last edited by mimesot on May 27th, 2009, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Actually RCIX, you have a few mistakes there:

Research Vector Torpedo:  “Launches a torpedo that will bounce to additional 2 targets”
   Should be: “Launches a torpedo that will bounce to 2 additional targets after the first.”
-----I believe the vector torpedo only hits two targets, so it should be "Launches a torpedo that will bounce to an additional target after the first"

If I am not confusing something here HawkShark (not RCIX) is right. I can remember such a light green rather teardrop formed torpedo bounce from a frighter to a mining station and then back (because nothing else was around) so this are three hits all together.
posted on May 27th, 2009, 9:03 pm
How about Launches a torpedo that will impact up to 3 targets?
posted on May 27th, 2009, 9:08 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on May 27th, 2009, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominus_Noctis wrote:

 Should be: “Enables the BLANK refit for the BLANK Class”
-----That is incorrect: Should be, Allows the BLANK Class to upgrade to its BLANK refit

enables blank refit for blank class is also fine as is. These are tooltips not detailed descriptions.
in notes and tips certain concessions are made for the sake of brevity.

Dominus_Noctis wrote:

Research Radiation Array: “Damage is splitted through all valid targets”

----slightly odd English: should be Damage is split through all valid targets (you should not say divided amongst; it could be divided between though)

Damage is split is more AE. Divided between or "equally distributed" (which would be better still) is more akin to BE.

Also are you referrring to RCIx's post or Hawkshark's?
posted on May 27th, 2009, 10:18 pm
Last edited by HawkShark on May 28th, 2009, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Actually RCIX, you have a few mistakes there:

Should be: Attacks by the Rhienn have 50% chance to disable the weapons of a targeted station
-----That's not correct:  Attacks by the Rhienn have a 50% chance to disable the weapons of a targeted station. The original was correct

Not to turn this into a debate but :innocent:: (Also i am not RCIX :()

•   Rhienn Class:
o   Infiltrator: “Attacks of the Rhienn have a 50% chance to disable the weapons of a target station”
   Should be: Attacks by the Rhienn have 50% chance to disable the weapons of a targeted station

You're half right and i am too. It should be: "Attacks by the Rhienn have a 50% chance to disable the weapons of a targeted station"

o   Research Rei’karansu Covert-Ops Team: “The will immediately try to board it”
   Should be: “The will immediately attempt to capture it”
----They will immediately attempt to capture it
Yep, i typoed oops.

On the Vector torpedo, yea im pretty sure it hits 3 targets total.. the problem with
"How about Launches a torpedo that will impact up to 3 targets?" is that it is non-specific as to how... Does it split into 3 and hit them at once? Does it just fire 3 torps?

On the refits issue, its just a personal preference in the Active vs Passive voice issue, pick a side, doesn't matter.

ON:  Research Radiation Array: “Damage is splitted through all valid targets”

I like that idea serpicus: "Damage is evenly distributed amongst all valid targets"

o   Advanced Generix System Upgrade: “Allows the Generix Class – Support Refit to use its level 3 ability”
   Should be: “Allows the Support Refit of the Generix Class to use its level 3 ability”
----this phrasing is actually fine as it is. Yours is somewhat awkward on the other hand…
w/e thats purely an opinion matter...

Reeling (to reel) doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me in reference to energy pathing.

I think i'll do the Dominion next, as soon as i can set aside a few hours to just build everything and get everything to veteran.  :innocent:
posted on May 27th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Last edited by RCIX on May 27th, 2009, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uh, i didnt post that... A bit confused are we dominus? i havent had much time to check tooltips... :(
posted on May 28th, 2009, 4:36 am
Really sorry about that folks (and especially RCIX and HawkShark), seems I've been a bit messed up today with reading too quickly (or adding in the incorrect words... lol at mild dyslexia)  :crybaby:

Well, my orignal post just decided to alert me to the fact a virus was trying to invade my computer... and thus crashed IE... sooo...

Here was the jist of it: you can look up all the values in the Dynamic String document in FO: if you wish to use it, here it is (with most substitutions for strange figures included). This should make your task somewhat easier.

In relation to some of the typos, if they are opinions then why did you post corrections?  :sweatdrop:  :whistling: (not to mean offense of course)

"Reeling (to reel) doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me in reference to energy pathing." : here
I was thinking along the lines of casette style reeling--in the sense that the energy (or tape) is being reused efficiently. Not as in "sent reeling"  :shifty: I guess it could be that the Devs meant routing hehe  B)

In regards to "Enables the BLANK refit ", how pray tell do you "enable a refit" Serpicus?

Attachments

[The extension docx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22