The Typo Topic

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22
posted on April 6th, 2009, 10:40 pm
Borg Mixed-Tech Romulan Generix ( :lol: :woot: I get it) Frigate has fur instead of for.
posted on April 9th, 2009, 4:32 pm
für is german for for
posted on April 9th, 2009, 4:37 pm
:rolleyes: No offense, but I kinda assumed that, but there are people that I know (*cough*sister *cough* :whistling: ) who want perfection. I just wanted to point it out so that they could fix it when they wanted to, if they wanted to.

Did you guys fix the effectivate thing yet? I don't really play Dominion, but it's kinda annoying when I do... did.
posted on April 15th, 2009, 6:42 am
did anybody notice it dosent show the excelsiors picute in admirals log, just a minor detail
posted on April 16th, 2009, 3:42 am
I didn't know they had an effectivate thing!  :woot: 
posted on April 16th, 2009, 3:44 am
@ ray, I said this, but nobody listened! :crybaby:
posted on April 16th, 2009, 3:46 am
I listended.
posted on April 19th, 2009, 10:19 am
ray320 wrote:did anybody notice it dosent show the excelsiors picute in admirals log, just a minor detail

yea, but that's doesn't belong to the typo topic i'd say :P ;)
posted on April 19th, 2009, 9:12 pm
Last edited by RCIX on April 20th, 2009, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't recall any typos in particular, but i see Us (and sometimes other letters) in text "drooping"; that is, they sit around 5 pixels below all of the other characters. I will also occasionally see them "self-correct", but then they go right back to drooping again. I've taken a look at the borg section of Dynamic_Localized_strings, and here's what i found:
* AUTOTOOLTIP-all_mixed_tech:
  * it says "... allows you to encorporate ...", should say "... allows you to incorporate ..."
  * it says "... Unlocks the access to ...", should say "... Unlocks access to ..."
* AUTOTOOLTIP-borR_nanites:
  * it says "... damage to all hostiles within the aera. ...", should say "... damage to all hostiles within the area. ..."
* AUTOTOOLTIP-borR_slizer:
  * it says "... Fires a high energy cuting beam that ...", should say "... Fires a high energy cutting beam that ..."
* AUTOTOOLTIP-borR_threataggregation:
  * it says "... Uni-Matrixes will permanentaly rise ...", should say "... Uni-Matrixes will permanently rise ..."
* all regeneration module tooltips:
  * it says "... If there are more than one regeneration ...", should say "... If there is more than one regeneration ..."
  * it says "... modules present this unit also gains ...", should say "... module present this unit also gains ..."
  * it says "... effectiviness of Regeneration increases ...", should say "... effectiveness of Regeneration increases ..."
* all beam module tooltips:
    * it says "... Increases the damage dealt by the beam weapons of this vessel or adds a new one ...", a more clear version would be "... Increases the damage dealt by existing  weapons or adds a new one if there are none present ..."
    * it says "... More beam modules might allow this unit to target more than one vessel ...", a more clear version would be "... additional modules will grant the ability to  ..."
* all torpedo module tooltips:
  * it says "... More torpedo modules might allow this unit to deal additional hull damage", a more clear version would be "additional modules will grant a(nother) 10 percent chance of direct hull damage"
  * it says "... Increases the damage dealt by the torpedo weapons of this vessel or adds a new one ...", a more clear version would be "... Increases the damage dealt by existing torpedo weapons or adds a new one if there are none present ..."
* all auto-assimilator tooltips:
  * it says "... increase the effectiviness of the ...", should say "... increase the effectiveness of the ..."
* all shpere tooltips for spheres that have the Defelector Domination ability:
  * it says "... The primary target of the sphere looses ...", should say "... The primary target of the sphere loses ..."
posted on April 20th, 2009, 8:46 am
Thanks for reporting. fixed :thumbsup:
posted on April 21st, 2009, 3:19 am
You're welcome! i plan to check the dominion tooltips later if i have time....
posted on April 21st, 2009, 3:22 am
Yeah, good job RCIX  :thumbsup:... been meaning to do that myself.. but I always get distracted into playing a game instead  :lol:
posted on April 21st, 2009, 4:11 pm
RCIX wrote: * AUTOTOOLTIP-borR_threataggregation:
   * it says "... Uni-Matrixes will permanentaly rise ...", should say "... Uni-Matrixes will permanently rise ..."

Shouldn't that be raise instead of rise???
posted on April 21st, 2009, 9:21 pm
Hmm... good point. I missed that one. Thanks!
posted on May 21st, 2009, 4:29 am
In 3.0.6 all of the borg chassis tooltips sill have the "finalizing will raise priority by X" items in their tooltips.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22