Fleet Operations 3.1.4

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
posted on December 15th, 2010, 9:09 am
lol they can serve many of the same purposes as arty, thats probably why its easy to forget they are only lr.

They can easily escape most turrets before dying. And their torps mean they deal a lot of damage in return. Clever players can rotate the ships so that the one closest to the turret has lots of shields/hull left.
posted on December 24th, 2010, 4:11 pm
this version has more problems then 3.1.3 and also that the defiant can not cloak? i will remain at 3.1.3 hopefully until 3.1.5 comes out.
posted on December 24th, 2010, 4:13 pm
If the lack of Defiant cloak bothers you, just add it to the techtree.
posted on December 24th, 2010, 4:15 pm
Tyler wrote:If the lack of Defiant cloak bothers you, just add it to the techtree.

why should i do that? like asking why should you say what you did. in the end it means that a problem exists and thats the point i made.
posted on December 24th, 2010, 4:20 pm
To not be affected by it between now and an official patch sounds like a great reason. Do you reckon people who report techtree and spelling mistakes leave them flawed and wait or do it themselves until it's fixed properly.

They make their own fixes (in a single player version) so they don't have to wait.
posted on December 24th, 2010, 4:23 pm
Legate Damar wrote:this version has more problems then 3.1.3 and also that the defiant can not cloak? i will remain at 3.1.3 hopefully until 3.1.5 comes out.

for online multiplayer 3.1.4 is an improvement.

luckily for you the devs recently switched to a new release system where they release smaller patches more frequently, so you wont have to wait long.
posted on December 24th, 2010, 4:42 pm
yes i read this.

i just hope these little fixes tyler was talking about are not accidently taken over into MP as the point he made would be pointless.
posted on December 24th, 2010, 4:47 pm
Last edited by Tyler on December 24th, 2010, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How does 'edit a single player version' make fixes pointless? The entire point of a single player-exclusive installation is to prevent personal edits from causing multiplayer incompatibility.

Having a seperate installation for single player and multiplayer is one of the simpler parts of modding the game.
posted on December 24th, 2010, 5:12 pm
3.1.4 has less bugs than any previous patch  :lol: . To each his own however, you'll just be missing out on the new abilities  :woot:
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8