MOD: STA2 Upgrade Project 2014 - A stock A2 mod in FO

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30
posted on April 12th, 2015, 11:21 am
Ok Found it :) THX So i just need a fix for the Freezes. The Game is Freezing and returning to the Desktop
posted on April 12th, 2015, 11:46 am
Glad i could help! :thumbsup:
About the game Freezing and returning to the Desktop:

1) Try to reduce graphics settings...
2) Try to not looking when too much stuff going on the screen - (especially explosions; cloaking of big fleets, etc.)
3) Play with special weapon auto off! :assimilate:

Just try your best to keep the game engine from overloading!... ;)
posted on April 12th, 2015, 1:07 pm
Anyone else having an issue with Stock FO crashing when you roll over an object or avatar? My stock FO and any mods based in FO are not playable at the moment. If anyone has a suggestion its greatly appreciated.
posted on April 12th, 2015, 2:37 pm
SPARTAN078 wrote:Anyone else having an issue with Stock FO crashing when you roll over an object or avatar? My stock FO and any mods based in FO are not playable at the moment. If anyone has a suggestion its greatly appreciated.

Could be a problem with your Dynamic_Localized_Strings.h file. Here's a fresh one you can try out.

Attachments

dynamic_localized_strings.h
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
posted on April 12th, 2015, 5:02 pm
@Fleet Trek :) May be that helps :P can i find you in Skype ore Fb? would be nice to play with ou in Mp oer other games? :)
posted on April 12th, 2015, 5:03 pm
yochenhsieh wrote:Temporary fix for Borg mission 10 "Rift":
Extract and copy attached bbattle2.sod into SOD folder, overwrite existed file.

The problem is in the mesh of Tactical Cube sod. I tried re-save it again with AssimSoft editor and it seems fixed. Please report back if there's any problems.

Nice fix. How did you think to check that? I never would have thought to. I tried it out and works great. On a hunch I tried the original SOD file from 2010 when Aad Moerman released the Borg packs and I was surprised when the "Rift" map still didn't work properly. That is strange. Thank you for finding and help fixing the issue though. I'm most appreciative.

darkhorizon1905 wrote:Ok Found it :) THX So i just need a fix for the Freezes. The Game is Freezing and returning to the Desktop

As Fleet Trek stated try reducing the graphics settings and see if that helps. I'm not sure what vid card or ram you have, but I added phong lighting to all the models so they refelct ambient light from the map back ground, pulse and torpedo weapons, dilithium moons, and latinum nebula. If you have a lot of stuff on screen that can be pretty taxing on the A2 engine depending on what is going on.
posted on April 12th, 2015, 5:35 pm
I Have a GTX 650 Nvida Graphiccard and 8GB Ram installed so i think this is enough ;)
posted on April 12th, 2015, 6:36 pm
darkhorizon1905 wrote: I Have a GTX 650 Nvida Graphiccard and 8GB Ram installed so i think this is enough ;)

That's more than enough to play the game! :thumbsup: But you see the game engine itself is pretty old, and can't handle too much stuff, especially too much modded stuff - (like say upgraded graphics; upgraded lighting; upgraded effects, etc.)...
The only reason "Fleet Operations Development Team and the other Modders here" succeed in their task is because they are "doctors and miracle workers"!!! :lol:
58524084.jpg
Dammit Jim...
58524084.jpg (61.08 KiB) Viewed 765 times
(And even they have problems with A2 engine!...)
posted on April 12th, 2015, 10:45 pm
cabal wrote:
SPARTAN078 wrote:Anyone else having an issue with Stock FO crashing when you roll over an object or avatar? My stock FO and any mods based in FO are not playable at the moment. If anyone has a suggestion its greatly appreciated.

Could be a problem with your Dynamic_Localized_Strings.h file. Here's a fresh one you can try out.

It didn't work. Here is the crash report, it mentions these things, not sure what they are. ST3D_Sprite.DrawScaled2D, CursorInterface.mDrawFramingElement, CursorInterface.Render, DisplayInterface_RenderAll_Callback,

Attachments

exceptArmada2.txt
this is the full crash report.
(31.93 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
posted on April 13th, 2015, 2:59 am
rifraf wrote:Nice fix. How did you think to check that? I never would have thought to.

I didn't. But it works fine in the STA2 Classic import mod, so I tried copy bzn, odf, sod, etc. from the upgrade mod to import mod and see what's cause the problem. When I can be sure it's one of the sod, it became easy since there aren't much objects to filter.

rifraf wrote: I tried it out and works great. On a hunch I tried the original SOD file from 2010 when Aad Moerman released the Borg packs and I was surprised when the "Rift" map still didn't work properly. That is strange.

Probably because nobody builds Tactical Cube. :P
posted on April 13th, 2015, 5:08 am
SPARTAN078 wrote:It didn't work. Here is the crash report, it mentions these things, not sure what they are. ST3D_Sprite.DrawScaled2D, CursorInterface.mDrawFramingElement, CursorInterface.Render, DisplayInterface_RenderAll_Callback,

Well, darn. I'm not sure how to interpret the report, unfortunately, but it looks like there was a problem with ST3D_Sprite.DrawScaled2D. I have no idea what that means though beyond that something went wrong drawing a sprite. Do you know when this started?

Also, perhaps a moderator could split this conversation into a new thread.
posted on April 13th, 2015, 3:18 pm
cabal wrote:
SPARTAN078 wrote:It didn't work. Here is the crash report, it mentions these things, not sure what they are. ST3D_Sprite.DrawScaled2D, CursorInterface.mDrawFramingElement, CursorInterface.Render, DisplayInterface_RenderAll_Callback,

Well, darn. I'm not sure how to interpret the report, unfortunately, but it looks like there was a problem with ST3D_Sprite.DrawScaled2D. I have no idea what that means though beyond that something went wrong drawing a sprite. Do you know when this started?

Im not sure when it started. I know ive had the issue for awhile. the issue only affects stock FO and mods based in stock FO like my star wars mod. I did have a separate thread for this issue but noone responded.
posted on April 13th, 2015, 6:45 pm
SPARTAN078 wrote:
cabal wrote:

Im not sure when it started. I know ive had the issue for awhile. the issue only affects stock FO and mods based in stock FO like my star wars mod. I did have a separate thread for this issue but noone responded.

I know it's extreme and I don't recall seeing in your other thread, but if you reinstall FO does the issue go away?
posted on April 13th, 2015, 9:54 pm
I reinstalled it and tested putting the mods in the 'mod' folder one by one. They all worked. I had a thought that maybe I was using the wrong .exe. I noticed there was a Fleetops.exe in the main folder and in the 'data' folder there was an armada2.exe. I used the Fleetops.exe everytime i put in a new mod so maybe I was using the wrong .exe
posted on April 21st, 2015, 12:06 am
Hi rifraf,

wow. didnt play Armada since ages. I am slightly flattered that you used my old planet textures for the new version. :D I also made a porting of the Fleet Ops menu back then. Its still there: http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Fleet ... II_;118004

Maybe you will find it usefull to replace stock menu buttons. I got the permission from the FO Team to create this mod.

I will check what i can transfer from my old modded A2, to your new version of the upgrade project. Two questuions: 1. The download in the first post contains the latest version, yes? And 2.: You plan to release further versions?

You made an excellence job so far. Really love it :thumbsup: I was always wondering if the FO asteroid fields could be used for the A2 stock game?
1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30