MOD: STA2 Upgrade Project 2014 - A stock A2 mod in FO

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 30
posted on January 31st, 2015, 11:47 pm
Awesome Blade. Thank you so much. I went the other way and was trying to put the shieldgeometryname command in the ordinance file and that didn't do anything.

I saw years ago you posted a fix for the shields and included the craft.odf and station.odf, but the contents in those files was stock, nothing was added. I think you meant to add this fix to each file, but for some reason only posted the stock file?

Anyway, I got the same SOD box as Tsar Ivaylo. Maybe my mod is different, but I had to use the following:

ShieldAdd = "Wshldadd"
ShieldSub = "Wshldsub"

The add goes to add and sub goes to sub...
posted on January 31st, 2015, 11:51 pm
ooops sorry bout posting the wrong files and yh i was using my mod to look for a fix (took me a couple of hours looking for missing sprites or textures lol)
posted on January 31st, 2015, 11:56 pm
No worries. I'm extremely grateful for you help. I never in a million years would have thought to try that. So much to learn. :) I'll have to get a little patch together with all the little changes/fixes I've done over the last month or so.

It sucks that the shield bubble is so large on those two Romulan specials depending on what they are fired at, but it's immensely better looking now. :) Thank you, thank you

At least you have a fix for the Classic mod now
posted on February 1st, 2015, 12:00 am
your welcome and yh its applied
did u fix the 8472 fluidic gate visual issue (last i remember there is a white box there which i think i forgot to post a fix for also)
posted on February 1st, 2015, 12:06 am
I just double checked to be sure and mine doesn't have any issues. I get the green fluidic texture upon ship exiting the portal. Thanks for asking though
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on February 1st, 2015, 12:15 am
So great i guess that fix things, and i won't touch things but wait for your patch then rifraf... :sweatdrop:
Thanks Blade! :thumbsup:
posted on February 1st, 2015, 12:24 am
your welcome glad everything is working good now
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 4:40 am
Hi all. Second post updated as I've added a small patch. Check out the details and decide if you'd like to add to your game. As always let me know of any problems you may be running into and I'll fix if I'm able.
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 7:49 am
I just downloaded the "2.0b Patch", and everything is awesome so far!... :thumbsup:
I will keep you informed if anything comes up... :)

By the way, this things supposed to be white - right? ??? :sweatdrop:
FOScreenShot_150203_094821.png
White shield bubbles...
FOScreenShot_150203_094821.png (834.64 KiB) Viewed 679 times

I like them anyway!!! :D :thumbsup:

Update - Just finish the Klingon campaign - mission "The Unknown Prize" - ( without cheating )!... :woot:
I hope you don't mind but i took the liberty to tweak a little bit the "The Unknown Prize" mission map!?... :sweatdrop:
What i did is to make a little hole into the asteroid field just below the site of the wormhole that is in to the Klingon space!...
Then i hid the opening with space dust and red nebula...
So now after you find the site of the wormhole that is in to the Klingon space, you can move through the wormhole, capture the "Quantum Singularity" ship, and instead of going back through the wormhole that is in to the Cardassian space, you have another way of completing the mission!... ;)

Attachments

FOScreenShot_150203_142101.png
Another way of completing the mission!...
FOScreenShot_150203_142101.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 674 times
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 5:28 pm
Thanks and glad you like it. Yes, the shield bubble is white when you use the afore mentioned Romulan specials on another ship/station. In stock they change color from yellow to red to nothing when you are draining the shield energy off, but for some reason in the mod they don't? I'll keep looking into it as the colored stock shield textures are still there in the mod.

As for altering the map like you did mod away. :) I chose not to due to the fact that it eliminated the choke point of the wormhole and could throw off the balance. I never tested that, but just assuming. I may visit it at a later time and work on finding why you can't drag the singularity ship through. Something I never tried was to just delete the wormhole and add another one maybe one square away or something. Hmmm... may have to try that
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 5:59 pm
FO doesn't support shield color changing as a way to keep their fancy shields from being ruined. According to the Guide, v4 would have added a line to the RTS_CFG.h file to toggle the feature. Maybe someone could check to see if it works with the released 4.0 loader.
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 6:47 pm
quick test float SHIELD_EFFECT_DAMAGE_COLORED; recolourises shield damage levels but shields are really small trying to get the rescale to work
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 7:06 pm
I have a few quick questions.

1. Does this mod work with the 4.0 loader?
2. Does this mod use the 4.0 loader by default?
3. If so, I lost the link to the 4.0 loader, can you resend it?
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 7:30 pm
Last edited by Blade on February 3rd, 2015, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 7:44 pm
Last edited by rifraf on February 3rd, 2015, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There must be a shield size configuration then for the RTS_CFG? Dominus_Noctis said in another thread I had that they were going to have the size of the shields selectable I wonder if it was actually implemented?

EDIT: Just saw the shield rescale command in the guide. And I'm stuck at work. :) Guess I'll have to fake an illness to go home and playtest. :lol:
1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 30