Generix - once more

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on August 9th, 2010, 4:59 pm
Gens are not AS micro intensive as the other Romulan ships.  That's a key thing about them - that the only real micro they need is a cloak retreat.

Frigates are not as powerful overall as spectres in my opinion as they are lower in overall stats and more expensive in total cost.
posted on August 9th, 2010, 5:07 pm
Drrrrrr wrote:Well Myles you are wrong...the Frigate is no longer OP nor is the Support...the Spectre is if you go for them from the beginning on since they usually don't die early...

i disagree, i'm gonna be glad when shield regen goes. if they redo the gen then i will finally build it. i dont like playing feds/making gens because it makes the game too easy. at least with romulans i can just ignore the gens, unfortunately random sometimes gives me feds.

Drrrrrr wrote:And if you dont want to waste you Support's energy you better use its specials manually...which is a pain of course...

supports on full auto dont waste their energy, they use it all on shield regen. without clicking, any ship that takes a hit will be regened.
posted on August 9th, 2010, 5:17 pm
Full auto support gens will do Plasma bolt as well as shield recharge, this actually makes them even more annyoing if they take out the weapons and you're playing Klingons.

Shield recharge is still OP, especially on a not-so-fragile ship.

Random giving feds is why I always ask ppl whether they really want to be random.
posted on August 9th, 2010, 5:20 pm
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:Full auto support gens will do Plasma bolt as well as shield recharge

i dont see this when i played them. they simply recharged over and over. never fired plasma bolt once. even if they fire plasma bolt its not a terrible shame, plasma bolt is a good weapon too.
posted on August 9th, 2010, 9:18 pm
I'm not very fond of high autonomy. I activated it in a battle once and all I heard was the dropping of mines... Or plasma bolts wasted on miners...
So I do it on my own and save energy to use it on important things.
posted on August 9th, 2010, 10:01 pm
If on high weapons autonomy support Gens will indeed fire plasma bolts and drop plasma mines.  They wil also use their regen whenever they have enough energy to do so.
posted on August 9th, 2010, 11:54 pm
I have several witnesses (although I don't remember their names) to a fight in which I activated high autonomy on my supports and ALL 6 of them IMMEDIATELY used plasma bolt on the SAME mining station.

High autonomy might help sometimes, but it isn't overpowered.  You have to wrestle with the supports to make sure they're in a position where they will actually use recharge and not waste their precious energy.

After playing a romulan vs romulan game where my enemy used spectres, I can see why they annoy people.  The things just WON'T DIE.  Still, I don't think the answer lies in nerfing them.  I think tachyon pings need to be made a bit bigger, make cloak detection a bit more effective like it was in ye olde days.

...what about lowering Romulan supply costs, then making them consume tiny amounts of supply when they repair their ships in a yard?
posted on August 10th, 2010, 12:01 am
That kind of supply system would go against the hit-and-run style gameplay of the Romulans, but it would be interesting for Dominion.

Cloak detect ping ranges are fine I think, the Spectre itself just didn't have a weakness to anything, and Optec has said (in this very thread IIRC) that Spectres will have a weakness. I'm sure 3.1.4 will finally remove Generix from the list of ships I hate to see spammed.
posted on August 10th, 2010, 4:26 am
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:I think the balance tower is more like this funnystuff:

Support Generix

Warpin/E2 Spam/Spectre Spam
  Spheres (Dancing)
             Akira Spam
Polaron Field Qaw'Duj
              Vorcha/K'Vort
         Leahvals/K'BeajQAkira (non-spam)
------------------Perfect Balance line----------------------
    Sphere with allied fleetLone Sphere
                                     Adaptors
                                      Regen or Intercept Scubes
                                       Other Scubes
                                        Sabers
                                         B'rel
                                          Avalon

more than 3 from balance line indicates over or underpowered.

You can see why my team won.

I'm sorry but I was referring to what my team did.
Drrrrrr wrote:Thats not true funny...our Fed had way more ships beside those E2s (also Warpins)...and as I said I used all Generix equally...the Klingons in the end had a mixed fleet afaik. So you better not provoke for no reason...I could also call scubes-only till mid-game spam...but I do not.

Whats not true? Generex spam wins against sabers, rheinns, scubes, spheres, laheavels, ect? The reason I provoke is because I hate the generex and will always yell and scream at anyone who spams them  :lol: So if anyone spams generexes in a game against me I can assure you I wont react kindly. Anyway I forgive you as its just a game, but please try not to do it. It drives me crazy and its soooooooooooo borring.
posted on August 10th, 2010, 7:23 am
So if anyone spams generexes in a game against me I can assure you I wont react kindly. Anyway I forgive you as its just a game, but please try not to do it. It drives me crazy and its soooooooooooo borring.

Boring are many strats atm...the Borg have many borgins strats so do the Feds.
posted on August 10th, 2010, 11:56 am
feds in general are a boring race.
posted on August 10th, 2010, 3:26 pm
lol you guys...we're playing a low unit game here, where initial builds consist of 2-5 ships and even final builds rarely go over 50.  Also the map size is very large compared to unit movement speeds.  That's what makes it a strategic game, what makes it last 30+ minutes.

It also follows that it will get closer to being 'boring' than other, faster RTS games.  At this point, there's no way to change that without completely reworking FO.

You can use the same build order for 5 games in a row (even as borg) and still have a fun time, if you focus on tactics with the units themselves.
posted on August 10th, 2010, 3:48 pm
Last edited by funnystuffpictures on August 10th, 2010, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My problem is that the Generex is just so easy to obtain and all you have to do is change its refits in order to counter ^^. At least the feds have more variety as warpins alone can give you 7 different types of ships.

@Tryptic
The game wasn't that long, its just that our enemy started spamming from the start. Spam is the problem, and so far the devs have done a great job of eliminating it. And with the generex there is little skill, nor tactics required.

Boggz wrote:Gens are not AS micro intensive as the other Romulan ships.  That's a key thing about them - that the only real micro they need is a cloak retreat.

Lol their special is cloaked shields ^^ :P
1, 2, 3, 4, 5