Star Trek Armada II Import

1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
posted on April 1st, 2014, 2:12 pm
hehehe oh yh forgot about the trade thing (thats fixed if you use the 4.0.w/e loader thing released with sigma

the planets resource and build bar should be fairly easy fix (forgot about that aswell)

infact here is my fix ui file for the planet resource/build bar issue

Code: Select all
infoSingleDilithiumBarArea      =      342   260   496   12
infoSinglePlanetMetalBarArea      =      342   260   496   12   //536   75   190   20

only the second line is needed but why not keep the moons at the same level aswell lol
posted on April 1st, 2014, 4:29 pm
Great. I also took the liberty of making a couple more edits to that file. The planet resource element blocked-out part of the planet captioning element. So I moved that captioning to a more suitable location. The attached file contains all of your edits plus all of my edits. I also took the liberty of tweaking the resource element so that it would be the same size as the build element.

(Tested with FO 4.0 Beta)

Attachments

gui_glob16x12.zip
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
posted on April 1st, 2014, 4:31 pm
Thanks Blade. Do you know if the 4.0 loader fixed the recycling bug? I used the "fix" that Dominus posted and just put a recyclemetal=xx and recycledilithim=xx line in every ship/station odf to bypass that.

Do you guys mind if I continue to use your fixes in the Upgrade Project Mod?
posted on April 1st, 2014, 4:33 pm
Last edited by Blade on April 1st, 2014, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anything of mine feel free to use as to the recycling thing im not sure not tried tbh will do later

EDIT

ok done a quick test and it appears it does recycle materials by default
posted on April 1st, 2014, 5:05 pm
I'll look into this recycling bug.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 5:06 pm
lol beat ya to it :P
posted on April 1st, 2014, 6:03 pm
:lol: So the recycling stuff is back to the STA2 defaults? That's great!

I'm also thinking you and I should do something like GIT or Tortoise so that we can keep track of each other's more easily. And more easily get a coordinated update/patch out.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 6:04 pm
And just to clarify this appears fixed using the new 4.0 loader? Just wanted to be sure because using v3.2.7 definitely didn't recycle properly for me.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 6:08 pm
I can't provide the answer that you need rifraf, but I did find something else of interest. The map editor is on the right side of the screen with FO 4.0 Beta. And it's too far over so that it clips off-screen slightly until you push a button. Oops!
posted on April 1st, 2014, 6:53 pm
That is interesting. Also, are you going to leave the official Classic Mod as requiring v3.2.7 of FO without the new loader?

Another thing since I've used the Classic Mod as a base I've strayed off from stock with the Upgrade Project due to some minor balance changes and game play edits here or there. I don't feel they are monumental, but does alter said mechanics in slight ways.

When I complete it I wanted to also make a complete bone stock version with just the upgraded graphics for those who didn't like my edits. If I did this would you guys want to use that as the basis for the Classic Mod and you could add all your fixes and I'll just keep the Upgrade Project separate? Not sure if you wanted to just leave the Classic Mod and keep all the original graphics? Just thought I'd throw it out there.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 6:56 pm
errr which classic mod?
posted on April 1st, 2014, 7:07 pm
The STA2 Classic mod I'm using uses the 4.0 loader. I think it would be better to keep the upgrade project a separate mod from the STA2 Classic mod. My guess is that Blade is using the same loader.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 7:20 pm
oh my classic a2 mod (its not official) but i have a version for both 4.0 and 3.2.7
posted on April 2nd, 2014, 3:51 pm
First post updated.
posted on April 3rd, 2014, 12:55 am
sooooo downloaded 1.2d and went to run it and it crashes automatically. Its in the mods folder where it should be.

edit: nvm. Im a total idiot hahaha
1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21