Star Trek Armada II Import

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21
posted on May 31st, 2011, 4:08 pm
Last edited by TChapman500 on July 18th, 2015, 10:17 am, edited 12 times in total.
This mod imports all of the stock A2 stuff into Fleet Operations. This mod combines the stock Armada II gameplay with the Fleet Operations enhancements to the Armada II engine. I and Blade are both working on this mod.

Current Version: 1.2d
Download
GitHub Repository

Fleet Ops 4.0 Loader hosted by Blade
To make it easier for people to see the changes that have been made, I have made a GitHub repository for this mod.

Current Bugs (1.2d)
Fixed in 1.2e?
Certain UI elements are missing due to the FO enhancements.
Unknown
teamcolor.odf gives FO names to team colors due to FO enhancements.
Cannot currently be fixed.
Map Selection window is the wrong size due to FO enhancements.
Unknown
Planet resource and research bars overlap each-other on a colonized planet.
Fixed
The trade button on the cargo ship is missing but can still be accessed by pushing the "V" key.
Fixed if using the FO 4.0 Beta loader.
In the FO 4.0 Beta loader, the map editor menu is located on the right side of the screen instead of the left.
Unknown
Recycle rates are incorrect.
Fixed if using the FO 4.0 Beta loader.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 4:43 pm
Funny, I copied the Armada 2 directory into the mods folder and it didn't crash until I launched a mission.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 6:10 pm
That didn't work out for me.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 6:56 pm
Should definitely talk to blade about this, he has done a lot more work on this than either of you two :P

Maybe you guys could help him out though, if you are really keen.

I for one think it would an awesome accomplishment for FO and would really just replace stock A2 for modding FOR ALL TIME.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 7:02 pm
I'd love it. Modding A2 itself is a pain. Also, I should note that the A2 folder I dropped in mods was one that was using the latest update patch this community developed for it. Nevertheless, it still crashed when I tried to launch a mission. More accurately, it crashed during the mission preload.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 7:33 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on June 2nd, 2011, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you use it through the mod manager?  Because that's how I was using it when I copied it to the Mods folder.  Instant crash.  Just add "Launch Mod."  I got it working once before, but that was a while ago.

EDIT:
If a modding group (even just two or three people total) can be assembled at my website, I'm sure that we can share resources more efficiently.  I'll even set up a private forum for the group.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 8:42 pm
You could always just wait and see if the devs release the "Star Trek Armada II Classic" 'mod' they've already shown they have...
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 9:26 pm
Yes, I used it through the mod manager. It did not crash for me until I actually launched a mission. I am using v3.2.4 of FO and Armada 2 v1.2.5. I would note that when I launch that version of Armada 2, I have been getting a (quite impossible) insufficient memory error, but it still runs fine if I click cancel instead of ok.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 9:33 pm
Well, currently I can get up to 30% on the loading bar before it crashes.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 9:35 pm
That's about what I get. Depends on the mission I choose. It loads more if I select the initial Federation mission and less if I select "Staging Grounds"
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 9:46 pm
I'm getting 30% on the "staging grounds" too.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 10:11 pm
What about instant action?
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 10:19 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on June 2nd, 2011, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I thought "staging grounds" meant instant action.  I haven't testing the missions yet.

EDIT:
Now I've tested one of the missions.  It also crashes at about 30%.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 11:10 pm
"Staging Grounds" is one of the last missions in the Federation Campaign in A2.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 11:21 pm
Oh.  So what causes a crash at 30%?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21