Taq'roja Klingons vs. Assimilators

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on March 10th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Last edited by Boggz on March 10th, 2011, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh Myles  :rolleyes:.  You reasoned several times that Veqs are not worth fielding.  If you somehow don't believe that's what your posts suggest, then I suggest YOU re-read them.  I quoted those things you said that more than state your feeling that Veqs won't do you much good.

I provided evidence to the contrary.  Why is this so hard for you?
posted on March 10th, 2011, 10:34 pm
all this coz i beat the crap out of neb in 3 games strate as borg >.<
posted on March 10th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Boggz wrote:Oh Myles  :rolleyes:.  You reasoned several times that Veqs are not worth fielding.  If you somehow don't believe that's what your posts suggest, then I suggest YOU re-read them.  I quoted those things you said that more than state your feeling that Veqs won't do you much good.

I provided evidence to the contrary.  Why is this so hard for you?

oh boggz, this is clearly not true, i cant understand how you can read my posts and draw this conclusion. i have re read them several times. never do i say its not worth fielding veqs, only that its better to field something else. u can quote all you want, it wont make a difference.

quote 1 phrase in which i say that a veq will not do the job. you cant, because i never said it :D
posted on March 10th, 2011, 10:40 pm
I personally think the Veq is too risky, since I can't count on being able to keep it out of the range of the Assims. The cost of the special and the need to make another yard extension also make me think it would just be safer to get more regular ships (and maybe some Qaw'Duj) and blast the Assims to pieces.

Boggz, why are you arguing with Myles? Convincing him of something he disagrees with is impossible, and he'll just keep responding to every post that he disagrees with.

alanalpha wrote:all this coz i beat the crap out of neb in 3 games strate as borg >.<

It's not your fault, I chose the wrong strats since I underestimated just how powerful Assims (and later Int Scubes) are. Myles chose to contradict himself and then deny contradicting himself.
posted on March 10th, 2011, 10:46 pm
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:Convincing him of something he disagrees with is impossible,

thats not true, convincing me of something takes logic and evidence though, rather than just repeating a point in capitals.

Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:Myles chose to contradict himself and then deny contradicting himself.

1) are you trying to start more arguments? i thought u had some silly policy going about that :P
2) are u seeing posts i am not, because i havent contradicted myself anywhere in this thread. as boggz is so fond of repeating, find me some evidence  :lol:
posted on March 10th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Myles wrote:quote 1 phrase in which i say that a veq will not do the job. you cant, because i never said it :D

Well ... here are two that I already quoted where you assert that the Veq is not a good choice.  Since you cannot seem to discern what you sound like in your posts to others, and you don't like caps lock, I'll BOLD them for you so you can see EXACTLY WHAT IT IS THAT YOU WRITE THAT TELLS PEOPLE CERTAIN THINGS.  Get that clearly?

about the veq special, as much as a i love it for being useful in general, against assims its not needed

There's one.  It's "NOT NEEDED".  Catch that?

- the buddy can come to you. they move at such a slow speed that the veq wont help imo.

Here's another.  "THE VEQ WON'T HELP".

I'll concede that I don't feel the Veqlaragh is necessary to win as Taqroja Klingons against Assims.  Double KBQ will do much better with far less risk than the Veq.  However there are certain times when having a Veq with it's special makes the difference between killing an Assim and not killing.  I even provided evidence to support that :lol:.

Split hairs and be as pedantic as you want, Officer Myles.  You are just arbitrarily throwing your opinions around as fact and getting butthurt when people call you out on it.  Here's another quote of yours (just for the record) :D:

i dont debate to prove prowess, i debate because i enjoy it, and a forum is a place for debate, also i dont like seeing things that i think are incorrect, i'm always happy to be corrected, as if nobody corrects my mistakes, i'll keep making them.

I'm correcting your mistake.  Stop making it :woot:.  Your mistake is haphazardly throwing around absolutes in terms of strategy.  Boom, roasted.   B)
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:03 pm
WOW my ears hurt from all your caps lock, its hard to take you seriously when you post in such a way.

Boggz wrote:  There's one.  It's "NOT NEEDED".  Catch that?

Here's another.  "THE VEQ WON'T HELP".

obviously you cant read, neither of those say the veq doesnt do the job. you are grasping for straws because you cant admit you are wrong, its rather funny to watch you implode in anger :lol:

"not needed" exactly what it says on the tin, not needed. nowhere does it say, "not effective" or "wont get the job done", but that it wont give you anything more. veq special wont hurt you, but it wont give you anything either, there is no point in slowing down something that is already that slow. this also covers "wont help" because the special wont really help. it wont do harm, but it wont do good either. if u cant understand that then i dont know what more to say, its fairly obvious.

Boggz wrote: Split hairs and be as pedantic as you want, Officer Myles.  You are just arbitrarily throwing your opinions around as fact and getting butthurt when people call you out on it.  Here's another quote of yours (just for the record) :D:

every time you dont bother to read something and then you get corrected, you say people are splitting hairs, have you considered that maybe the problem is with you. its you who is not reading that which is written, not me that is splitting hairs. if u confuse "not needed" and "not capable" then that is your problem.

and i am not hurt in any way, the only person self destructing in anger at their keyboard is you, you want so much to be correct and not feel embarassed that you resort to being petty.

Boggz wrote:  I'm correcting your mistake.  Stop making it :woot:.  Your mistake is haphazardly throwing around absolutes in terms of strategy.  Boom, roasted.  B)

yup, petty just like that.

"boom, roasted"? if i didnt think you were being perfectly serious i would laugh, i cant believe someone who posts such immature things is allowed an internet connection :(
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:03 pm
My "silly policy" was actually about replying to your posts, and especially correcting them. I guess I'll have to go with a much more fluid policy since you really like making assumptions about what my intent is.

Now that all the strategy comparisons are done, can someone lock this? I won't respond to any more of Myle's posts in this thread, but I can pretty much guarantee he will have someone else to argue with, and this is not what I started this thread for.
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:06 pm
Yes, Myles.  Clearly I'm wrong.  I admit defeat.  :lol:.  Go on protecting the forum from their own stupidity and NEVER  (Caps-lock mean I'm angry and not trying to emphasize something) let anyone disagree with you without stomping them into submission with endless quotes and walls of evidence-laden text.

Go forth and protect, Officer Myles!  B)  Make sure those noobs in the forum know NOT to post anything wrong!
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:06 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on March 10th, 2011, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:you really like making assumptions about what my intent is.

if i have misread your intent please correct me, i would be happy to know that you do not intend to start an argument :) i made my assumption on a gut feeling of your intent from the way you phrased your post, partly because nobody likes being referred to negatively in the third person.

EDIT:

@boggz, you've run out of stuff to say so now you have sarcasm? i think we are done if all u have left is sarcasm. i think u should drink a cup of tea when u get angry instead of pounding on your keyboard. u were the one who started this with a hostile post attempting to correct, so dont expect to try correct people and they wont tell you that you are wrong. this little...whatever it was, was between 2 people, me and you, because you dont like just admitting u didnt read a post.
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:09 pm
My intent was to convince Boggz of the futility of it.
And once again I need a fluid policy. :sweatdrop:
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:11 pm
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:My intent was to convince Boggz of the futility of it.

if u only needed to get your point accross to boggz, maybe pm would have been better, as it could easily be misread as hostile.
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:13 pm
Myles wrote:@boggz, you've run out of stuff to say so now you have sarcasm? i think we are done if all u have left is sarcasm. i think u should drink a cup of tea when u get angry instead of pounding on your keyboard.

I love that you think I'm somehow angry :lol:.  Caps don't mean I'm angry.  Caps means I'm emphasizing something so there's NO POSSIBLE WAY YOUR EYEZ CAN MISS IT :woot:.

Sarcasm is the only thing left.  You express opinions as fact and go nuts on anyone who disagrees.  I've seen you play only in a tiny number of replays so I don't have confidence that you're a strong player.  I don't agree with much of your commentary "suggestions", so I don't have confidence in your ability to judge the balance of things, nor your strategy.  

Rather than come right out and say, "I don't think you're a good enough player to be so aggressive with your tactical opinions", I figured I'd try and provide EVIDENCE (notice the caps-lock / Shift+button for emphasis) to show you things that might refute what you're saying.

Since none of that makes any difference and you just argue over wording and semantics, I'll just make those watching who might be afraid to speak their voices (lest you berate them with your "facts") know that there are those who disagree with you  :thumbsup:.  Ba-zing!
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:14 pm
Calm down a bit guys. Though I must say I'm not really getting the difference between "the veq won't help" and "the veq won't do the job", but that's just me and English is a foreign language to me. :innocent:

on topic: if it is a combat assim(no assim assim) - won't even B'rels be helpful? They are small, they have additional damage vs long range and with taq they even got torps - less damage lost through pulses. With weapon fatigue they could really get nasty.
The problem is: if the Borg knows you are building B'rels, he won't build a combat assim but an assim assim. So, it just depends who comes first, but I guess the Klingon player hast to decide earlier.

Hmm, now I discussed a bit with myself and come to the conclusion: in theory, when there is a combat assim on the field, B'rels would of course be useful, in practice you would have to start buildung B'rels before the Assim starts to build giving the Borg player the chance to decide for assim assim. Weird. :pinch:
posted on March 10th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Lt. Cmdr. Marian Hope wrote:on topic: if it is a combat assim(no assim assim) - won't even B'rels be helpful? They are small, they have additional damage vs long range and with taq they even got torps - less damage lost through pulses. With weapon fatigue they could really get nasty.
The problem is: if the Borg knows you are building B'rels, he won't build a combat assim but an assim assim. So, it just depends who comes first, but I guess the Klingon player hast to decide earlier.

Hmm, now I discussed a bit with myself and come to the conclusion: in theory, when there is a combat assim on the field, B'rels would of course be useful, in practice you would have to start buildung B'rels before the Assim starts to build giving the Borg player the chance to decide for assim assim. Weird. :pinch:

Hahaa actually you hit the nail on the head in terms of B'rel problems.  B'rels in numbers require multiple hangars.  If you build multiple hangars you've invested both money and precious supply into something that you can't see coming until the chassis is built on the uplink.  Once that happens you've got less than 100 seconds before an Assim is out and headed toward your base.

If you put up 2 BoP hangars once you see the Assim Chassis go up you can have 2 B'rel out.  Good luck :lol:.  That's the folly of the B'rel :D
1, 2, 3, 4