Whats Your Personal Flagship?

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
posted on September 8th, 2004, 2:13 pm
whos jealous? :huh:
posted on September 8th, 2004, 2:20 pm
He had said he's hurk cuz it's not a cannon ship. Some people can't use thier imagination when it comes to ships. Sometimes non-cannon ships are kooler than what's there. Some ships are design for specific things is all. I happen to think the Tallace is a good ship. I'd call her my own anyday.
NieKnight
posted on September 8th, 2004, 3:08 pm
it looks nice, and defiant, all ships are uncannon tostart off with, if i showed you a pic of one of the many exapmles of the gal class you would call them uncannon but they are still ST, you need to expand on the range of ships, i erpsonaly like non cannon, ie this ship and a few others the discovery suck monkey dick (JK white :P)
posted on September 8th, 2004, 6:04 pm
I agree with DEFIAN though, cannon rules B)
posted on September 8th, 2004, 6:08 pm
i dont understand what your talking about... wtf is cannon and uncannon? plz explain it for somebody who heard this word a few times but didnt understand it... :lol: :blink: :lol:
posted on September 8th, 2004, 6:18 pm
Last edited by Lt.Cdr.White on September 8th, 2004, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First it's canon, not cannon. It's the same word as "singing canon", meaning the same song starting at different points of time (for example "Row, row, row your boat").

I don't know if this saying is common in English, too, but in German you sometimes say: "That fits to the canon." meaning it fits to the general attitude of a group of people concerning the same topic.

So in fact, canon means in this case, that it's "official" because it has either been stated by the people who make Star Trek but more so if it has been seen either in an actual TV series or movie.

Sometimes it's also called conjectural and non-conjectural if talking about things that have been designed by people from the show but not actually been used.

So, canon is generally everything that can be seen in released movies and series while non-canon stuff is everything else, especially everything fan-made.
posted on September 8th, 2004, 6:43 pm
thanks a lot for this explanation :)
posted on September 8th, 2004, 7:25 pm
Yes Eufnoc everything the designers make in the beginning is not canon, but once it's in the show it's considered canon. This ship, being an ugly ass kitbash, dosen't appeal to me design wise already, and the fact it was never in a show leaves me wondering why we couldn't use all those ships first, then make them up.

TanEdos, don't worry i'm not jealous.

And thank you white for your nice little correction/I TOLD YOU explanation.
posted on September 8th, 2004, 7:55 pm
hehe, so that ship IS NOT CANNON :P
posted on September 8th, 2004, 7:57 pm
please, i give not a sh*t wether it be cannon or non, its what appeals to you and sorry i just got out of a AP world History class (college level) but im a sophmore in high school. I AM NOT BRAGGING ABOUT MY INTELLEGENCE! ^_^
posted on September 8th, 2004, 8:44 pm
I still like the ship. You don't have to like her, you're opinions are your own. I know I wont be called to fly her in any fleets of yours while She's commissioned. Cannon Ships are ok, but I like the unconventional aproach to some things. Is all.
NieKnight
posted on September 8th, 2004, 10:27 pm
yeah same here
posted on September 9th, 2004, 8:07 pm
Oh by all means do what you want with it, I simply stating I perfer canon ships. These forums are basically for opinions on things and I state mine without reservations.
posted on September 10th, 2004, 1:27 pm
true B)
posted on September 10th, 2004, 9:04 pm
Absolutely correct, this is an opinion based forum and i wouldn't have it any other way. Now... let the river dancing monkeys begin! (I need one hell of a long vacation... :blink: )
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6