Ship Inconsistencies

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15
posted on December 18th, 2004, 12:57 am
AS you probably know i am a trek ship freak. The k'tinga as pictured for my avatar has two different weapon systems where the torpedo launcher is.
ST:I,II, IV has a heavy photon launcher.
Later in "Way of the Warrior" DS9
the same exact K'tinga cruiser is armed with a Red Phaser beam where the launcher was.
Why would they strip out a torpedo launcher and replace it with a phaser?
I know im :wacko: but thats cool STAR TREK keeps me sane.
posted on December 18th, 2004, 1:21 am
Who knows, the red disruptor beam could have been more powerful then a torpedo or maybe they didn't have spare torpedo tubes for it during the refit. It would make sense to have a large disruptor there since Klingons often put forward firing weaponry on their ships.
posted on December 18th, 2004, 9:23 am
yes byt a K'tinga also has 4 foward fiaring puls disruptors i belive the torp yoube is better
posted on December 18th, 2004, 10:31 am
i would not be surprised the klingons (KLINGON ENGINEERING!) would throw a disabled torpedo launcher out and put a big bad red phaser beam in :lol:

DOCa Cola
posted on December 18th, 2004, 10:46 am
although a big red phaser is a derect fire wepon i would have a torp launcher insted
posted on December 18th, 2004, 2:34 pm
Another one of my favorites is the Enterprise NCC-1701-D in the episode with the tamarians and Darmok and Picard on the planet with the energy creature.
The enterprise fires a high yeild Phaser from the Torpedo tube. And its rapid fire too. What?!?! when did that get installed?
posted on December 18th, 2004, 5:50 pm
Actually the high yield rapid fire phaser may be easier to explain, if it's not really a phaser (never seen the episode, don't know how they refer to it) but if they are detonating the photon torpedos inside the tube and creating a photonic beam (laser basically) that could be rapid fired by detonating lots of torps ...
posted on December 18th, 2004, 8:03 pm
kvort no offence it is a cool pic but it is worse then lumpybobs in size
NieKnight
posted on December 18th, 2004, 8:08 pm
he knows i alredey said the same.
posted on December 18th, 2004, 9:21 pm
kvort no offence it is a cool pic but it is worse then lumpybobs in size

Actually, it's the worst I've ever seen, concerning size...

1024x768 in a signature? :huh: Some people have strange ideas... :omg:
posted on December 18th, 2004, 10:17 pm
Rezise that mother, it would be a great sig pic even at like 200x 300 or whatever you want it.
posted on December 19th, 2004, 12:13 am
i will if you tell me how to! im not too URL savy...
posted on December 19th, 2004, 12:18 am
You need to use paint or photoshop or something, it actually has nothing to do with URL.
[F-I-I]VAdm-MJP
posted on December 19th, 2004, 6:35 am
Last edited by [F-I-I]VAdm-MJP on December 19th, 2004, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
i will if you tell me how to! im not too URL savy...

You need to use paint or photoshop or something, it actually has nothing to do with URL.

He would still need a host. lol witch i am more then willing to supply. shoot ill resize it too. lol and couse i have no life. lol behold.....Image

the URL http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Pulaskee/N.jpg

LOL edit number 4 jsut thought i would make this on topic, I find it more irritating when book writers and fans mix things up, like lasers and phasers...Lasers have no affect on the Galexy class, it was said in one of them cool episodes, and in books you find that the TNG phasers shoot blue beams.....is it a setting thing? lol
NieKnight
posted on December 19th, 2004, 7:23 am
lol hear you go multi choice, i redone it for you aswell.

Attachments

kvort.jpg
kvort.jpg
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15