Where do you live - The Poll

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.

Question: On which continent do you live on a regular basis?

Total votes: 113
Africa1 votes (1%)
Asia2 votes (2%)
Australia2 votes (2%)
Europe59 votes (52%)
North America45 votes (40%)
South America4 votes (4%)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on May 31st, 2012, 12:50 pm
You feel bored? You wait for yet another wimpy life sign of the devs? Here you go... I save another 5 minutes of your wasted life time searching the board for encrypted meat.

Detektor's thread of "where you live" inspired me... and I found we could use a bit more of an overview of what types of individuals hang around here. Have fun.
posted on May 31st, 2012, 8:04 pm
Last edited by ewm90 on May 31st, 2012, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So meny Europeans cooties!!! So meny potential ilegal aliens crossing the Texas border Europeans taking US jobs all the time!!! I better inform the minet men!! Heres to xenophobe!!!

I am, USA Washington DC

Side note you forgot central America Mexico, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, and others.
posted on May 31st, 2012, 8:17 pm
I think he only "forgot" Antarctica, which I highly doubt is lived on by Fleet Ops players  :lol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... tralia.gif
posted on May 31st, 2012, 9:45 pm
yeah the poor central americans get chucked in with north america. if they weren't then north america would basically be 3 countries, 1 of which isn't a sovereign state.

Europe should easily win this as the mod originates in germany.

i know for a fact that majestic is from down under, so australia should get at least one vote when he swings by.
posted on May 31st, 2012, 10:10 pm
Myles wrote:yeah the poor central americans get chucked in with north america. if they weren't then north america would basically be 3 countries, 1 of which isn't a sovereign state.

Europe should easily win this as the mod originates in germany.

i know for a fact that majestic is from down under, so australia should get at least one vote when he swings by.

I think there are several members from Aus actually. :)
posted on May 31st, 2012, 10:14 pm
Last edited by beserene on May 31st, 2012, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About continents...
       What are Continents?
     - YouTube

Nuff said  :whistling:

Myles, just a thought: A2 copies are way cheaper in europe than in the US, especially german copies. Plus europeans seem to be way more into PC gaming than consoles, and seem to invest more time with non commercial games (just a feeling).
Hm, need to check that tomorrow.
On the other hand: why isn't FOPS more popular in the US, where Star Trek itself originated, where the franchise was going on in a way larger scale?

And last but not least: can this poll be representative? I'm in doubt. Too many people don't speak english good enough and therefore won't read or post in the forums.
posted on May 31st, 2012, 10:16 pm
beserene wrote:On the other hand: why isn't FOPS more popular in the US, where Star Trek itself originated, where the franchise was going on in a way larger scale?

you just gave some contributing reasons above.
posted on May 31st, 2012, 10:30 pm
ewm90 wrote:So meny Europeans cooties!!! So meny potential ilegal aliens crossing the Texas border Europeans taking US jobs all the time!!! I better inform the minet men!! Heres to xenophobe!!!

I am, USA Washington DC

Side note you forgot central America Mexico, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, and others.

Those are country's not continents...... American much?  :rolleyes:
posted on May 31st, 2012, 10:39 pm
beserene wrote:And last but not least: can this poll be representative? I'm in doubt. Too many people don't speak english good enough and therefore won't read or post in the forums.

well the fleetops site is all in english, as is a2files and moddb (at least I couldn't find options for language on them). so if they can't read enough english to use the forum, i doubt too many of them have fleetops. also i guess you could say that the poll is meant to sample the forum, rather than the player base.

MrXT wrote:Those are country's not continents...... American much?  :rolleyes:

he wasn't saying they were, he was working under the mistaken impression that central america is its own continent and deserves a poll option.

as dom's map gif shows, central america is usually lumped under north america, otherwise central america would be tiny by land area and north america would have 3 countries, only 2 of which are sovereign.
posted on May 31st, 2012, 11:10 pm
i would like to just put it out there that it should surely be "Australasia" rather than Australia  :whistling:
posted on May 31st, 2012, 11:43 pm
hellodean wrote:i would like to just put it out there that it should surely be "Australasia" rather than Australia  :whistling:

Australia is a continent:
Continent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The poll options are all continents.

there was no rule that forced all the options to be continents either, so if he'd wanted to use Australasia to describe the region he could have.
posted on June 1st, 2012, 9:07 am
well on that note 1 sovereign state aka america .....as canada in one nation but each province has a great deal of self regulation similar to each state in america but each province retains the right to leave canada and each also has there own Representative to the crown.......along with many other rights and self government that the provinces retain........ok so that was kinda random. 
posted on June 1st, 2012, 9:14 am
I somehow like the fact that there are south americans playing fleetops, cool! But as the big acclomerations of gamers in the world are europe, america and japan, i wonder why there are no asian players.
posted on June 1st, 2012, 10:47 am
cyrax88 wrote:well on that note 1 sovereign state aka america .....as canada in one nation but each province has a great deal of self regulation similar to each state in america but each province retains the right to leave canada and each also has there own Representative to the crown.......along with many other rights and self government that the provinces retain........ok so that was kinda random. 

if i understand canada correctly, the whole is a federation of the smaller parts, and federations hold all the powers of international relations (among other things), hence canada is a sovereign state. kinda like the us system of states, but canadian provinces seem to have slightly more powers. if one of them left, then they'd become their own sovereign states. all the other major federations (eg USA/Germany/Mexico) are sovereign as a federation.
posted on June 1st, 2012, 4:53 pm
oh... I didn't know that Antarctica looked like that without the ice.. it suuurreee does have a lot of ice
1, 2, 3, 4, 5