Where do you live - The Poll

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.

Question: On which continent do you live on a regular basis?

Total votes: 113
Africa1 votes (1%)
Asia2 votes (2%)
Australia2 votes (2%)
Europe59 votes (52%)
North America45 votes (40%)
South America4 votes (4%)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on March 5th, 2013, 3:45 am
Nawww.... some of us carry shotguns instead. :D
posted on March 5th, 2013, 4:10 am
I didn't see a choice for US so I picked the closest one, North America.
posted on March 5th, 2013, 10:24 am
I have to admit, I was about to say "well I live in America for five years and never.." but then realised I did in fact have a revolver :blush: a British one, Webley Mk.I* , along with my Lee-Enfield SMLE Mk.III* (bolt-action rifle) but alas, still a revolver.
posted on March 5th, 2013, 10:37 am
Squire James wrote:I have to admit, I was about to say "well I live in America for five years and never.." but then realised I did in fact have a revolver :blush: a British one, Webley Mk.I* , along with my Lee-Enfield SMLE Mk.III* (bolt-action rifle) but alas, still a revolver.

Do you also shoot it at the sky in celebration?
posted on March 5th, 2013, 2:00 pm
Well, no. Only shot it at cans of mixed vegetables :)
posted on March 5th, 2013, 2:13 pm
Squire James wrote:Well, no. Only shot it at cans of mixed vegetables :)

I call bullshit on that, americans don't eat vegetables. LIAR. :angry:
posted on March 5th, 2013, 3:37 pm
That's why he was shooting them. :lol:
posted on March 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Voted North America, Wyoming USA. Doesn't get much more wild west than that. :) Have a Taurus 9mm revolver, but never shot in the air in celebration though. Oh, and I do eat my vegetables. Ma and Pa always threatened we'd get rickets if we didn't. :lol:
posted on March 5th, 2013, 4:56 pm
^^revolver. Image

But like I said, some of us carry shotguns. :D
posted on March 6th, 2013, 12:21 am
Myles wrote:
Squire James wrote:Well, no. Only shot it at cans of mixed vegetables :)

I call bullshit on that, americans don't eat vegetables. LIAR. :angry:

I'm not American :P I just lived there for a while
posted on March 6th, 2013, 8:41 am
Squire James wrote:I'm not American :P I just lived there for a while

unless they let you bring the veggies into the country with you, where did you buy them? lies, damned lies.
posted on March 6th, 2013, 5:14 pm
They have vegetables here in the States, just different to how you're used to 'em...

Fried okra, fried green tomatoes, collard greens, and so on.

Some of the names are a bit confusing too -- courgettes are zucchini over here, and aubergines are eggplants.

Main thing I miss, though, are proper chips*. The French fries that most places serve are nothing like what a proper chip should be.

* Not to be confused with what Americans call chips, which are crisps.
posted on March 6th, 2013, 6:13 pm
MadHatter wrote:They have vegetables here in the States, just different to how you're used to 'em...

2 of those are fried... :P

MadHatter wrote:aubergines are eggplants.

I remember i first heard the word eggplant in tony hawks pro skater when i was a kid. the word sounded silly.

MadHatter wrote:Main thing I miss, though, are proper chips*. The French fries that most places serve are nothing like what a proper chip should be.

* Not to be confused with what Americans call chips, which are crisps.

There's a time and place for both thin and thick chips, i'm glad that in england we get both.

for thin chips (french fries) burger king seem to be superior on both sides of the pond. is that your experience as well?
posted on March 6th, 2013, 6:22 pm
Pretty much :) Burger Kings fries seems to be uniformly better, whereas McDonalds is occasionally good, occasionally awful. There isn't any kind of consistency in quality with them.
posted on March 6th, 2013, 10:32 pm
MadHatter wrote:They have vegetables here in the States, just different to how you're used to 'em...

I feel my arteries close up just thinking about fried vegetables. Raw, cooked, oven-baked.. fine but fried?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5