Where do you live - The Poll

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.

Question: On which continent do you live on a regular basis?

Total votes: 112
Africa1 votes (1%)
Asia2 votes (2%)
Australia2 votes (2%)
Europe59 votes (53%)
North America44 votes (39%)
South America4 votes (4%)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on June 1st, 2012, 11:18 pm
mimesot wrote:I somehow like the fact that there are south americans playing fleetops, cool! But as the big acclomerations of gamers in the world are europe, america and japan, i wonder why there are no asian players.


Because startrek never caught on in asia so they would hardly hear of fleet ops would they since english is far from their native language.
posted on June 2nd, 2012, 5:25 am
I present to you, Baidu: disproving notions for 12 years. ÐǼÊÃÔº½°É_°Ù¶ÈÌù°É

As you can see, Fleet Operations is mentioned quite a bit, and the Star Trek boards are fairly popular. Unfortunately the players use Hamachi and not Tunngle as far as I know.
posted on June 2nd, 2012, 8:38 am
MrXT wrote:Because startrek never caught on in asia so they would hardly hear of fleet ops would they since english is far from their native language.


The following there isn't quite as much as in the West, but from my experience it's because of the difference in culture, and what they find entertaining. It's nothing to do with the language barrier; you'd be surprised how many of them speak English, particularly in China.
posted on June 2nd, 2012, 6:49 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:I present to you, Baidu: disproving notions for 12 years. ÐǼÊÃÔº½°É_°Ù¶ÈÌù°É

As you can see, Fleet Operations is mentioned quite a bit, and the Star Trek boards are fairly popular. Unfortunately the players use Hamachi and not Tunngle as far as I know.


I smell an undiscovered potential... We need contacts. I'm serious. A few people that give updates on big forums in Korea, China, India and Japan about Fleet Ops and hold up the flag.

Btw... In my world Antarctica has no proper internet. It doesn't count. :P
posted on June 2nd, 2012, 7:53 pm
Jan wrote:I smell an undiscovered potential... We need contacts. I'm serious. A few people that give updates on big forums in Korea, China, India and Japan about Fleet Ops and hold up the flag.

Btw... In my world Antarctica has no proper internet. It doesn't count. :P


Perhaps we should renew the definition for continents as to being places with (good) internet connection.
posted on June 2nd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Andre27 wrote:Perhaps we should renew the definition for continents as to being places with (good) internet connection.


goodbye africa, it was nice knowing you.
posted on June 2nd, 2012, 8:21 pm
Myles wrote:goodbye africa, it was nice knowing you.


Hey Hey Hey! In this very moment I'm sitting in Senegal - and it's awesome! Give them another 10 years and there will be a whole new gamer generation. Last week I was in the little town here and went to the "Copy-Shop". You know what I saw?

TWENTY youngsters hanging around a ONE PC. In that small chamber were 5 PCs. Those kids were hungry for gaming! While one was playing the game (and there were different games) the other ones watched and learned. They'll pwn your ass when you are old my friend!  :lol: It reminds me of my early youth when I went into those gaming halls playing Street Fighter on those old "coin computers". And today? Look at me! It's been only 17 years or so!

Oh.. and we have one African vote. That's more than Asia!
posted on June 2nd, 2012, 8:44 pm
Myles wrote:goodbye africa, it was nice knowing you.


Africa is far from the dark continent as far as internet is concerned. :p
posted on June 24th, 2012, 11:21 am
Where are the Aussies? Vote mates! Vote! This poll needs you. :lol:
posted on November 12th, 2012, 11:07 pm
I was going to vote, but Britain isn't up there and I refused to have my country lumped in with "Europe" :lol:

We sort of, hang around, outside Europe. We're not in it :P
posted on November 13th, 2012, 8:11 am
Neither do most british people have a good internet connection, so get out :lol:

More wondering about XTs statement about the language barrier. 4 people from South America, but still none from Australia?
posted on November 13th, 2012, 10:05 am
beserene wrote:Neither do most british people have a good internet connection, so get out :lol:

More wondering about XTs statement about the language barrier. 4 people from South America, but still none from Australia?


that's like saying all people from usa speak with a texan accent and carry 2 revolvers around to shoot in celebration.

also we have at least one australian active in the a2 community, majestic, he's probably just not bothered too much to vote in a poll, voter apathy isn't just for elections that matter.
posted on November 13th, 2012, 11:47 am
Your theory sort of falls flat considering I have 30meg Cable Internet :P
posted on March 4th, 2013, 9:58 pm
Grrr EU :angry: lol anyway seeing as the question was regional based we can avoid that nasty nest of neurotic... im getting carried way.. ;)
posted on March 5th, 2013, 3:34 am
Myles wrote:
beserene wrote:Neither do most british people have a good internet connection, so get out :lol:

More wondering about XTs statement about the language barrier. 4 people from South America, but still none from Australia?


that's like saying all people from usa speak with a texan accent and carry 2 revolvers around to shoot in celebration.

also we have at least one australian active in the a2 community, majestic, he's probably just not bothered too much to vote in a poll, voter apathy isn't just for elections that matter.


You mean theres people in the US that dont carry around revolvers!?!?! :o
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest