Spring 2012 1v1 Tournament - Signups

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on March 19th, 2012, 2:16 pm
Will only play if the patch comes before then.
posted on March 30th, 2012, 4:47 pm
Why is this tread so quiet? The tournament is on or not? noobs like me would like to see some new replays specially from the players in the tournament. I hope we don't have to wait until the new patch  :lol:
posted on March 30th, 2012, 10:05 pm
There's enough negative perception of the current release that people are staying away I suspect.
posted on March 31st, 2012, 12:15 am
MadHatter wrote:There's enough negative perception of the current release that people are staying away I suspect.

I really find that quite sad :(.

Like I've said before, this version isn't perfect, but it's the most balanced thus far.  It's just been around long enough and had enough highly-competitive and publicly-watched matches that people don't really want to try anything they haven't seen yet.

It blows me away that, since I hear so much complaining about how Duel II is stale, no one really bothers to try other maps...
posted on March 31st, 2012, 3:17 am
I don't share that opinion myself, mostly because I haven't played enough online to make a good judgement; I've just seen it quite a bit on these forums.

As for Duel II being stale, again, I don't share that; however replays make me wonder if the nebula placement gives a skilled Borg player an undue advantage, but that's just a gut feeling and I don't have concrete experience to back that up.
posted on March 31st, 2012, 3:42 pm
most people how says something like this are a little bit stupid

i had a few weeks ago a really goog match that took over an hour and was still even, i built ships, my opponent built the counters, so i countered again, the whole game, with over a dozen harasments on each side

their are some not that clever players, that dont know how to counter, i lately had a game, rom vs kling, i built rhienn my opponent built sangs, brels, kvorts, but for everyone of this ships the rhienn is a good counter, so i won finnaly, spamming is a good strat but only if he is a little bit an idiot and built ships in your favour, but if he counters correct (KbeajQ for this example) you have to alter your strat and then he has too, spamming only works against beginners, because actually it is very easy to counter this situations, i like leaval spams (not producing a single other ship), it is incredible easy to win against this, anyone complaining about spams, they are to strong just dont know enough to be a good player, complaining about spams that it is to easy to win against this is ok, but this we hear not as often as the other version
posted on March 31st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Last edited by Tryptic on March 31st, 2012, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yikes! Be nice, dude.  There's no reason to get mean about it.

I do think that the game is very well balanced right now for the main strats, it's just the unusual strategies and different maps that cause problems.  I would like to see people trying out my new map The Fray, but I understand if they want to avoid it due to OP turret rushes.

I've been away for a week or two simply because my schoolwork got heavier and I learned about Mechwarrior Online which will probably end up being my favorite game of all time (and also my secret lover)
posted on March 31st, 2012, 4:24 pm
Last edited by wiese.hano on March 31st, 2012, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeanLucPicard wrote:Why is this tread so quiet? The tournament is on or not?

Maybe it's that quite because the tournament hasn't started yet. As you can see within the first post of this thread the tournament is going to be started on May 1. Plz, just have a little bit of patience and come back to this thread when the time has come, JeanLucPicard. ;-)

I've fixed my Tunngle account or better said let it fix. I'm ready for combat, now. But I never had the chance to try to establish a game connection via Tunngle. In this point I'm very unexperienced. That's why I'll need some help for sure setting up the first battle on May 1. Maybe it's possible to make an effort of trying together with one of you before the start of the tournament. If anybody of you is willing to try let me know. ;-)
posted on March 31st, 2012, 7:03 pm
Tunngle has its own lobby, so if you connect you'll see everybody who's online.  Some times it's empty, but most of the time there are people and you shouldn't have any trouble getting into some games.
posted on March 31st, 2012, 10:39 pm
Well i havn't been online for a few months now but ill have a few practice games and then ill probs sign up
posted on April 10th, 2012, 6:23 am
Yaay, i look forward to this.... hehehe
posted on April 14th, 2012, 4:10 am
Well last tournment by the 2nd round I was so Fleet opsed out that I hardly wanted to play. Takes while to recharge the batteries. Longer when your a one handed man who seems to hop skotch the province living in hotels.

This time I figure week before the tourny I'll come back online and get some timing back. If its like last time first round is a way to shake the wheat from the chaff. My only regret last time was not getting to play boggz.

I enjoy the community, but my laptop lacks a mic and a lot of horse power and hanging out in tungle but not being able to play would be odd.

I think a lot of us burned out in the furnace that was last tourney. I look forward to the new nebula types. My startrek fix is sadly playing STFs in STO lately.

Duel 2, is an amazingly balanced map except if one has a top tier borg player who knows how to abuse it. An arash or a Oldtime. Anything less than that lacks the timing to use it consistantly if the last tourny holds any value.

I liked blue skies but it felt awkward , *shrugs* The community will coalesce around the tournment map choices for 1v1s, and 2v2s. Its how games are made and played. Fleet ops is unique in some ways because of the map makers being players and part of the community more than the design team.

Also in my case old time pro beat me in the end using a strategy him and I trained against each other too much in the ramp up in the last tournment. Not sure either of us expected to go that far.
posted on April 14th, 2012, 4:40 am
i play
i wish to play on blue sky

can you make a rule where the winning player from 1st round can choose between blue sky and duel in case there is a disagreement on which map to play on?

if so then i'm gona bitch slap and spank everyone against me in duel so we can play on blue sky.

also I am tired of playing fed vs borg matches like last time so I refuse to play Borg.
posted on April 14th, 2012, 3:39 pm
I don't think that would make sense, but if you offer to play on Blue skies and you are playing a non-cloaking race unlike your opponent, their should be a good chance he accepts this, the other way it would be a little bit unfair
posted on April 14th, 2012, 6:03 pm
Last edited by Arash8472 on April 14th, 2012, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flopo wrote:you are playing a non-cloaking race unlike your opponent, their should be a good chance he accepts this, the other way it would be a little bit unfair

huh?
I don't understand this. Let me draw myself a picture see if I am understanding you..

So on map "Blue Skies"

(I) Cloak vs [Other]Non cloak = Unfair
(I) Non cloak vs [Other] Cloak = Fair

I really do not understand this logic at all...

edit: cool when you type " [ I ] " without the " " and the spaces it make things italic! :P
1, 2, 3, 4