2 vs. 2 Winter Bash

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on December 14th, 2011, 12:23 am
Last edited by Anonymous on December 14th, 2011, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am proud to announce a fun 2v2 winter min-tourney.  I am looking for 4 teams of 2 to go at it on Saturday, December 17.

Tournament Format
The tournament will consist of four teams of two competing in head-to-head games.  In the first round, each team will play, based on random selection, another team in a best of three games.  The winners of the first round will compete in a best of three games for the 2v2 Winter Bash Champions title.  The default map will be the stock version of Nebula Stream (by Stardust).  However, common maps such as Star Traffic (by Boggz), Little Little Universe (by Stardust), etc. will be acceptable assuming all players in the particular match agree they are comfortable with an alternative map choice.

Tournament Rules
- The tournament will start at 10am Central Standard Time (16:00 UTC)
- Games should occur on or near the scheduled time with an appropriate observer
- Each team should have different races (no double Borg, Federation etc.)
- Games end at the opponents' surrender or utter extermination (please do not extend games unnecessarily)
- Usage of known exploits/bugs will result in disqualification (see the "Hitchhiker's Guide" for details)
- Limit the usage of distracting or "trash" talk - these games will be recorded...

Please sign-up your teams by posting below.  If this tourney is successful, expect more of these mini-events popping up in the future!
Thanks and good luck!
 - Clintsat
posted on December 14th, 2011, 1:14 am
Last edited by Anonymous on December 14th, 2011, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm in, i PMed otp to be my team mate, assumeing he agrees, we'll be a team.

edit:
I won't be available to play at 10 am that day, more like 1 'o clock.
posted on December 14th, 2011, 4:57 pm
Cyrax and I will join!! Ahahah >:3
posted on December 14th, 2011, 6:10 pm
Sütee and me would like to play too. I'm not sure if I will be available though, but I will drop you a mail if not.

gl hf everybody
posted on December 14th, 2011, 7:54 pm
Coooool! ^-^
posted on December 14th, 2011, 9:05 pm
Me and mrxt team east london.
posted on December 14th, 2011, 10:11 pm
Last edited by cyrax88 on December 14th, 2011, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lol arash you beat me too it. yes we will be a team if you like.  :borg:
posted on December 15th, 2011, 1:30 pm
Sounds like we have the four teams.  Is everyone ok with the time?
posted on December 15th, 2011, 1:36 pm
Last edited by Zweistein000 on December 15th, 2011, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I might join, just for the hell of it.

EDIT:  oh 4 teams.. never mind then :)
posted on December 15th, 2011, 1:51 pm
Clintsat wrote:Sounds like we have the four teams.  Is everyone ok with the time?

Bleh, sorry it looks like, i'm not gonna be able to play in the weekend.  :(  So, especially if it is restricted for 4 teams, somebody else should take Sütee's and my place.
posted on December 15th, 2011, 9:26 pm
Hey Clint nice turney u got going there rly fast one  :thumbsup: me and dragonfire whud like to team up for this turney : Team "noob busters"  :shifty: if theres any room place us on the list!!!
posted on December 15th, 2011, 11:27 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on December 15th, 2011, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old_Time_Pro wrote:Hey Clint nice turney u got going there rly fast one  :thumbsup: me and dragonfire whud like to team up for this turney : Team "noob busters"  :shifty: if theres any room place us on the list!!!

Bummer that i'm out :( oh well

Clint, my luck with your tourneys is really really bad lol

Edit: I'm still in, i'll find another team mate who knows how good i am by saturday.
posted on December 16th, 2011, 12:11 am
Ok so I am with Crisis now?
posted on December 16th, 2011, 12:12 am
Last edited by Anonymous on December 16th, 2011, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
funnystuffpictures wrote:Ok so I am with Crisis now?

awesome awesome, glad you got my message so fast, guess thats what they make facebook for =D

Edit: and i just replied on there
posted on December 16th, 2011, 5:30 am
Ok, so I have:

Funny and Crisis
OTP and Dragonfire
Arash and Cyrax
Myles and Mr. XT
1, 2, 3, 4