Star Trek Armada II Import

1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21
posted on October 8th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Does the hierarchy look like this? Fleet OpsDataModsStA2 Classic[contents: a bunch of folders and files]  :)
posted on October 8th, 2011, 5:11 pm
all i can say is dont worry about the current version as i only put it up because my laptoip fried and found that verion so has a lot of bugs (that were resolved in the version on my fried laptop :P) next version may come out to fix as many of these bug as possible but not all are fixable untill the next fo patch anyway
posted on October 9th, 2011, 2:46 pm
Here's a corrected version of the teamcolors.odf file.  Should correct a few errors but FO has the actual names and color indexes hard-coded (as does stock A2).

Attachments

teamcolor.zip
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 333 times
posted on October 9th, 2011, 9:02 pm
well looks like im gonna be getting new laptop sooner than expected so i'll refix the issues im able to and post a fixed version asap
posted on October 14th, 2011, 1:23 pm
Yes the hirarchy looks right Fleet ops/Data/Mods/STA2Classic/Contents
posted on October 14th, 2011, 9:37 pm
I was unable to download the last version it said it was going to take like 10 hours to download a 400MB file, with my speeds it should take no longer than 2 hours.

Could you use alternative hosting with the next version please?
posted on October 14th, 2011, 11:05 pm
ive tried others but kept giving upload errors
posted on October 15th, 2011, 11:20 pm
If you want send me a copy via yousendit or something and I can host it on MSFC if you wish. A lot of FO modders are on MSFC and we have fast download speeds and lots and lots of bandwidth and storage. So much so I doubt I would ever use it all.  :lol:
posted on October 16th, 2011, 1:11 am
I would like a faster way of downloading too. :blush:
posted on October 17th, 2011, 11:27 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on October 17th, 2011, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ok im now working on fixing the issues i can so please let me know wot the issues are

there are some changes being made that is not inline with stock a2 these are mainly for compatability issues

changes so far:

- GUI has been modified to allow the extr unit selections without serious gui messing uo
- editor mode is now ctrl + E just because ctrl + A was dumb
- rts_cfg has a few extra lines just to enable game options
- label.map has a few extra lines to allow all extra bits to be named
- borg.odf has latinum value this is to allow planetary shields
- craft.odf and station.odf have maxextra weapons and extra weapon hardpoint commands to fix tech  assim issue
- audio.odf uses FO values to fix annoying sound issues
- most bmp images have been converted to png just to save space
- some screens have been altered to accomodate the changes in layout
- shields use the fo default shields sod with a slightly altered stock shield effect to fix the shield issue
- textures are in the texture root folder as FO has removed rgb folder

i think thats all the needed changes and i think ive fixed the bugs i am able but still please let me know any bugs from currently released version and i will hopefully upload a new version by end of the week

also many people have been making me aware that megaupload has been having issues with either speed just just general allowing to d/l if anyone knows of other free file sharing sites that will allow atleasr 1gb uploads please let me know
posted on October 20th, 2011, 9:11 pm
hopefully this will have all the fixes untill the next fo patch

A2 Classic download - Mod DB
posted on October 21st, 2011, 11:52 pm
Thanks for the alternative download. Finished downloading it in record time. :D
posted on October 22nd, 2011, 1:15 am
I hate Mod DB!
posted on October 22nd, 2011, 1:41 am
TChapman500 wrote:I hate Mod DB!

Most if not all ModDB files are actually hosted via Game/Filefront.
posted on October 22nd, 2011, 2:10 am
That's not what I was complaining about.  It's that you are forced to watch the popup adds just to click the download link.
1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21