Star Trek Armada II Import

1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21
posted on August 28th, 2011, 6:44 pm
this mod uses the fo exe and can be loaded via the mod manager, the goal o the mod is to bring FO features to stock a2 while keeping compatability of A2 mods (well as much as possible I am currently also writing a guide to convert the a2 mods (not a long guide as its pretty easy)
posted on August 29th, 2011, 3:22 pm
Blade wrote:this mod uses the fo exe and can be loaded via the mod manager, the goal o the mod is to bring FO features to stock a2 while keeping compatability of A2 mods (well as much as possible I am currently also writing a guide to convert the a2 mods (not a long guide as its pretty easy)

I would much enjoy having that guide. I have Art of War and Concept: Future, and while they will work if I put STA2 Classic as the parent mod, the textures won't load . . . at all. Everything else is there, like the general shape of the ships and stations, but the textures, the build icons, the ships displays when you click on a ship, don't show up, so it's all white. And whenever I build a station, the game lags until the stations begins building it. But I'm pretty sure you are already aware of this, I guess, so I look forward to the answer once you have enough time to complete and release the guide.
posted on August 29th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on August 29th, 2011, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The textures will not load because they are in the mod's textures/rgb folder.  Move them out of the subfolder and into the main textures folder and then it should work fine. :thumbsup:
posted on August 29th, 2011, 4:13 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:The textures will not load because they are in the mod's textures/rgb folder.  Move them out of the subfolder and into the main textures folder and then it should work fine. :thumbsup:

Wait . . . I thought there was an RGB folder in use in other mods? I remember some of the mods I combined for my Super-Mod using an RGB folder. hmm. Okay, I'll try it. Everything else works except those, so I guess it's about all I can do, and I've always got the guide (once it comes out) if it doesn't work.
posted on August 29th, 2011, 6:03 pm
adm zaxxon is correct about the fo texture dir (a2 uses the rgb folder so thats most probably the issue) the guie does explain that also there are some other things that are usefull to know (esp gui layout and button names for mods that modify these things. i'll release the guide with the next version
posted on September 2nd, 2011, 3:09 am
Last edited by Anonymous on September 2nd, 2011, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is looking pretty good.  There are still a couple of issues in the multi-player screen and the screen to log into tunngle though.  I'm trying the thing out, but so far, it's looking good.

EDIT:
The RTS_CFG.h file seems to be the default FO file.  I'll send you a corrected version.

Attachments

RTS_CFG.zip
(6.86 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
posted on September 11th, 2011, 5:29 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on September 11th, 2011, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ah ok will fix screens shud be dne by wednesday
posted on September 12th, 2011, 5:18 pm
screens fixed (i think) and shud be included in nxt patch
posted on September 20th, 2011, 11:39 pm
Last edited by Tok`ra on September 21st, 2011, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Question: I installed it to the mod fold (flops rootdatamodMODNAME)
Zero changes were made in the file tree above the MODNAME folder level.
However now fleet ops will not load.
The process is running, but nothing appears on the screen.

EDIT: Ok I renamed the mods folder to cause the game to not detect mods, and now it loads just fine. Deffinitly some issue causing this related to the mod.
posted on September 21st, 2011, 12:32 am
The folder must be named "mods":

Fleet Ops/Data/mods/A2 Classic :)
posted on September 21st, 2011, 1:48 am
typo'd there, using a backup keyboad.

I had the folder named properly, and its only when I re-name the mods folder that fleet ops will launch properly.
posted on September 21st, 2011, 2:10 am
Did you make sure that the folder hierarchy of the Classic mod was set up correctly? When Blade first packaged it, it had several duplicate parent folders: i.e., it was more like this

A2 Classic/A2 Classic/mod contents

I know of several others who have missed this detail and caused loading issues.
posted on September 21st, 2011, 3:11 am
No not that I can tell anyway.

I installed A2 classic into the folder under the mod folder for the mod I'm trying to port.

Then I copied the files from the mod into that folder, followed the guide pages, set up the .ini, etc.
posted on September 21st, 2011, 3:40 am
All that should have been necessary would be copy paste - a .ini is already set up for the Classic Mod :) .
posted on September 21st, 2011, 3:42 am
Last edited by Tok`ra on September 21st, 2011, 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
well I edited it a tad, for the TC mod I was porting, but dont see how that coulda borked it.

edit: just to be safe, I cut-paste the A2-classic  defualt .ini back in, and renamed mine, and now at least the game loads. Guess I typod something, can fix that later.

edit 2: Ok and now it loads flops, I can switch to the mod.... but it crashes if I try to load a game.

But now at least it'll load and I can track down foulups one at a time and fix them, but it's porting a total conversion mod WITH campaigns into another total conversion mod, so there's bound to be issues when using a module system that's likely mostly used for the ubiquitous  buildable warpins/steamrunner mods.
1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21