Star Trek Armada II Import

1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21
posted on September 21st, 2011, 5:38 am
Mate, you're best off  re-doing all the odfs using the values from the old ones. Being a modder since 2001, I have discovered so many people try and do sort cuts and often they end up causing the mod to take longer than re-doing the odf's manually.

You're always better to do them manually, using a blank template and just copy the values in one by one. It might sound long and tedious but it generally works.

99% of mod crashes are to do with the odf's, due to one thing or another, mostly an error on the part of the modder.
posted on September 21st, 2011, 6:33 am
Sounds like there are some external errors - the A2 Classic mod shouldn't have any crashes at all so far as I know. We checked it pretty thoroughly as I recall  :)

The Modification Module system shouldn't be causing any of these issues, as I've imported redone campaigns from a number of mods and had no issues - best to check over the files a bit more closely and see which are being referenced when it crashes.
posted on September 21st, 2011, 5:34 pm
Dom where in the bug report does it say whats being refrenced ?
posted on September 21st, 2011, 5:55 pm
I believe that the bug report gives addresses within the application where the bug occurred.  They then translate the addresses using some sort of address table to find out what caused the bug.  At least that's my theory.
posted on September 21st, 2011, 6:06 pm
TChapman500 wrote:I believe that the bug report gives addresses within the application where the bug occurred.  They then translate the addresses using some sort of address table to find out what caused the bug.  At least that's my theory.

posted on September 21st, 2011, 6:42 pm
errr basically only the fo devs can translate the bug report enuf to know wot wrong fully could b wrong tho
posted on September 21st, 2011, 8:17 pm
Blade wrote:errr basically only the fo devs can translate the bug report enuf to know wot wrong fully could b wrong tho

I have always been thinking that. The only part I can manage to read at times is in the Stockdump section of the Bugreports, and that is only when it mentions a ship or station (or I was keeping a close eye on the unit I was testing and automatically knew that it caused the crash and then I have usually some guesses to check on what the crash was caused by). At most, if I don't post a Bug Report for help with, then I have figured out the crash myself.

From the ration of Bug Reports that I have posted to the number of crashes that I have had, there are far more crashes that I solved than Bug Reports that I posted. :)
posted on September 22nd, 2011, 1:10 am
Yes, you want to check the stackdumps and main thread entries - they note the files or functions related to the crashes :)
posted on September 22nd, 2011, 3:57 am
Last edited by Tok`ra on September 22nd, 2011, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Yes, you want to check the stackdumps and main thread entries - they note the files or functions related to the crashes :)

I'll give that a look and see if I can figure it out, thanks Dom.

edit:

Does this help ?
posted on September 24th, 2011, 4:30 am
I would say your error is related to the formation files. :lol:  Have you messed with the AI formation files a lot?
posted on October 7th, 2011, 12:41 pm
I have a couple of things to contribute.

1)  The Cargo Ship's trade menu's don't show up.  I'm not sure if this is a Fleet Ops bug or not.

2)  Here's a corrected label.map file that corrects the officer limit labels.

EDIT:
By the way, would Biomatter (as supply) be a supported resource to load a cargo ship with?

Attachments

label_map.zip
(8.89 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
posted on October 7th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Yes, the cargo ship menu is a known FO bug :)
posted on October 7th, 2011, 6:06 pm
dam u mean i forgot to refix that poop

nxt release shud b fully sorted (well nxt rerlease after nxt fo patch anyway
posted on October 7th, 2011, 6:26 pm
Well, the Cargo ship's trade menu can be accessed by the "V" key.  Start Trade "Shift + V" and End Trade "Ctrl + Shift + V."
posted on October 8th, 2011, 3:16 pm
i just downloaded and put this in but when i go to 'launch mod' nothing happens, no crash, no error report, FO just closes but STA2 classic doesn't open any help? I put everything in a mod folder under STA2 Classic the mod that shows up in my menu shows the shield addon
1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21