Borg Space

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on August 26th, 2010, 1:43 am
I'll reduce the size of the map.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 5:28 am
TCR_500 wrote:The title says it all.  You are right in the middle of Borg space with 6 other players.  The objective:  Eliminate your opponent before the Borg destroy you.  Maybe this map isn't such a good idea, however, I thought I'd give it a shot.  During the alpha test, I accidentally set the AI built time and cost multipliers to 0.05 and I had to use the cheat code to destroy the in-coming Borg vessels.  Set the AI multipliers to 2.0x or everyone will be destroyed before they encounter the other players on the map.

By any chance do you need Fleet Ops to play this or could it be incorporated into Regular Star Trek Armada II, say a personal mod?
posted on August 26th, 2010, 10:24 am
jetnova16 wrote:By any chance do you need Fleet Ops to play this or could it be incorporated into Regular Star Trek Armada II, say a personal mod?

i doubt the map would work in vanilla as it has fleetops specific stuff, like ships probably.

you are better off remaking the map from scratch in armada 2 and adding armada 2 stuff in.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 12:41 pm
jetnova16 wrote:By any chance do you need Fleet Ops to play this or could it be incorporated into Regular Star Trek Armada II, say a personal mod?

I could make a version of this for stock STA2 a lot more easily than I can made it for Fleet-ops.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 5:31 pm
So much for the STA2 version.  I attacked the defense turrets and the Borg retaliated.  I was left with a construction ship, a planet, a trading station, and an orbital facility.  Then the orbital facility was assimilated.  I've built up a starbase and a shipyard and I'm relying on the Ferengi for resources.  My other opponent was wiped out earlier but the Borg left a couple of units.  I think I'll delete the fusion cubes.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 5:59 pm
lol destroyed by your own creation.  I hate it when that happens. :whistling:
posted on August 26th, 2010, 6:07 pm
You put a Borg presence on the map with Fusion Cubes? That takes guts to even attempt... though I'm sure there's another interpretation.
posted on August 26th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Well, I lasted long enough to actually win.  Just because the opponent got assimilated a split second before they started destroying my base.  And then a Diamond scrambled my visual interface.

Well, I deleted the 2 fusion cubes and 2 tactical fusion cubes that I placed on the map.  The Borg already have a full techtree except for the system upgrades.
posted on August 27th, 2010, 1:55 am
Myles wrote:i doubt the map would work in vanilla as it has fleetops specific stuff, like ships probably.

you are better off remaking the map from scratch in armada 2 and adding armada 2 stuff in.

I think that I might try editing the ship names in the notepad document that comes with each map to have ships from Armada II and see if that makes the map work. It can't hurt to try especially if its done in a backup instead of my main mod.
posted on August 27th, 2010, 12:50 pm
I think I put too many super turrets.  I copied the torpedo turret ODF for the Borg and added the detect cloak "weapon" and a pulse phaser to it.  Although I put the turrets at 625, 0 , -625 in altitude.  Too many.  I'll put them at 408.33, and -408.33 in altitude.  Dropping the number of turrets from 3 high to 2 high.  The turrets will still be three wide.  I may modify the torpedo to be a shorter range.
posted on August 27th, 2010, 2:11 pm
Some parts of the map are not used at all. Makes it easy to win: Just kill the turrets in front of you and take control over all moons in the free sector. Works easy. Borg don't stand a chance if you collect from 8 moons each ...
posted on August 29th, 2010, 3:38 pm
Last edited by TChapman500 on August 29th, 2010, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okay, I've reduced the size of the map to 30,000 x 30,000.  I'm going to completely rebuild the asteroid wall and the nebulae fields.  I'm going to attatch a poll for ideas on how to guard the starting locations.

Survey is Here.
posted on August 29th, 2010, 9:08 pm
Why is it that whenever I load this map either in the map editor or in a game, the Borg units I have placed have shields up, even if I have saved the map with the maximum shields at 0?
posted on August 29th, 2010, 9:42 pm
TCR_500 wrote:Why is it that whenever I load this map either in the map editor or in a game, the Borg units I have placed have shields up, even if I have saved the map with the maximum shields at 0?

this is unavoidable. nobody knows how to work around this.
posted on August 30th, 2010, 12:22 am
What weapons disable shields?  If I can't disable them using the map editor, I'll have to disable them using some sort of weapon.

What is the file structure for the BZN file?  Maybe I can disable the shields manually using a HEX Editor.
1, 2, 3, 4