Current Project Status

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 91
posted on July 11th, 2018, 4:08 pm
I just read the last page of this stuff. My goodness people. The devs are not our slaves, nor our employess. If you want an update so bad, try making it yourself!

P.s. that's what I'm doing xD
posted on July 11th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Ok let's make this simple:

This thread was started in 2005.
It is currently 2018.
That's a difference of 13 years.
We know about as much now as we did 13 years ago.

That is way more than enough cause for concern that the devs have abandoned the game and are just stringing fans along because they don't want to admit the truth.

13 years of "We'll tell when we have something important" is not ok.
It doesn't matter that the devs are volunteers working in their spare time - 13 years with virtually no known progress is clearly a signal that:
1. This game is not a priority for them
2. They are misleading their fans
3. They are taking their fans' loyalty for granted.

13 years of vague assurances without results means 13 years of wasted hope.
posted on July 13th, 2018, 10:39 pm
I don't believe anything they've done recently counts as stringing us along. What is the alternative? Take down the entire site so we can't come here and look at their existing work anymore?

And the fact that they are volunteers doing this in their spare time DOES matter. It's not like we're paying them or they owe us anything whatsoever.
posted on July 14th, 2018, 5:50 am
Come on they do do it in there own time so be nice to them but i can also get why people are the way they are.

This no communication from the Dev Team in so many years is not really good for a mod but as people still come here it does show what a good job they done in the past and i HOPE are still doing on NX if it really is still alive.

No communication people think it is a dead mod this not always the case but it a really bad move to have no communication about your mod in so long </ years
posted on July 14th, 2018, 11:42 am
if there is a progress being made, it would not be problem for dev just to hop in and say "nah guys, we still working, wait for big update tho". the fact that they dont see or respond to this long going discussion here, means that flops is dead.
posted on July 15th, 2018, 5:07 am
Camniel wrote:This thread was started in 2005.
It is currently 2018.

This is a mischaracterization.

Fleet Ops NX was announced in March 2014; four years ago.

I do admit I was somewhat hopeful that we'd hear something for the 15th anniversary of the Fleet Ops project, but alas it was not to be.
posted on July 15th, 2018, 9:56 pm
Yep for sure drone they really should not to much to ask.
posted on July 18th, 2018, 5:44 pm
MadHatter wrote:
Camniel wrote:This thread was started in 2005.
It is currently 2018.

This is a mischaracterization.

Fleet Ops NX was announced in March 2014; four years ago.

I do admit I was somewhat hopeful that we'd hear something for the 15th anniversary of the Fleet Ops project, but alas it was not to be.

Additionally, when this thread was started in 2005 v3 had not even been released yet so we know quite a bit more the we did 13 years ago and have had a few releases since then also.
posted on January 16th, 2019, 1:45 am
Hi everyone!

I just registered myself after a long time and I was trying to see where the current status is of NX? Is the progress coming along as expected or are there drawbacks? The ezEngine doesnt appear to be active anymore and no commits have been done to the engine since the end of 2017.
posted on September 10th, 2019, 11:07 am
I jsut wanted to point out that ezEngine seems to be back in business. Who knows, maybe we'll hear some news about FO soon. But if not, just spend some time trying out a few mods! I'm not trying to advertise anything here, nooooooooo :rolleyes: :sweatdrop: :lol:
posted on September 10th, 2019, 11:23 am
Indeed we are "back in business". We have never really been out of business, working on the engine constantly, but because of "reasons", we were not allowed to publish our code publicly for a long time (giving it privately to others was fine, though).
This situation has thankfully been resolved this year and we can finally publish publicly without restrictions again. In fact the situation has improved for us significantly, ie. the engine is now in use for a real world project and thus gets much more battle-tested (at least some parts of it).

That said, I sadly do not know anything about the current status of NX, I'd be interested in an update myself :D
posted on September 12th, 2019, 7:49 am
We are still on it. The same people that have been working on Fleet Operations for Armada 2 are still around for NX. However, the best thing to do is to not wait for it. It is probably a few more years down the road.
posted on September 12th, 2019, 8:28 am
We can wait a few more years. :lol:
I'll certainly be around :sweatdrop:
posted on September 12th, 2019, 10:37 am
Just a question: Do you know, if the new version of Fleet Ops, NX, could be compatible with Linux ? Or, create two versions, one for Windows and one for Linux ?
I didn't succeed to run from Linux, the FO 3.2.7 version, using Wine. Besides, out there was somebody, who managed to run it from Linux. Well, he succeed to do that,for me didn't worked.
That FO 3.2.7 it's somehow different from the old FO versions, like Fleet Operations Beta version (3 races - Federation, Klingon, Borg) and FO Beta 2 version (5 races -Federation, Klingon, Borg, Romulan, Noxter) , which versions, run pretty well under Linux, using Wine.
Of course,Star Trek Armada 2, run well too on Linux.
Well, that's all for now. Thanks.
Your work is not in vain. I really appreciate your efforts to create a new and interesting game. I think, other players think the same.
Live Long and Prosper !

Attachments

Screenshot from 2018-12-03 22-00-42.png
Screenshot from 2018-12-03 22-00-42.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 907 times
Screenshot from 2018-12-04 13-06-43.png
Screenshot from 2018-12-04 13-06-43.png (924.85 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Screenshot from 2018-12-04 18-16-18.png
Screenshot from 2018-12-04 18-16-18.png (992.13 KiB) Viewed 907 times
posted on September 12th, 2019, 11:42 pm
I think at this point we've come to terms with the fact that it'll be a long wait but Fleet Ops will always be around. Especially with the Discord and Hamachi set up, those are easy to leave in the background and just check every once in a while. :thumbsup:
1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 91