Current Project Status

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 91
posted on November 2nd, 2017, 9:15 pm
Progress is progress. Even if its very slow. Glad that you are all still fully committed to it though. It will be an awesome day when you guys finally have something to show off. :thumbsup:
posted on November 3rd, 2017, 5:36 am
Been a long time between posting for me, but I don't think this project is dead. I think that they are working on it to get to the point where they, and we, will be surprised and inspired by there work. Do remember that they are a small team and work on there spare time as life will always get in the way. Keep it up when you can guys!

It would be nice to get a gauge on where there at though, but if they have something to release, I'm sure they will.

DC; it would be nice if you could drop by and give us all a shout out. Maybe even a pic or two?
posted on January 3rd, 2018, 2:16 am
I know it takes a long time to develop games, mods or otherwise, so I'm ok with the project taking years. But I've also had experience with coders who would say they were making progress when in essence they were just spinning their wheels without any real actual development.

So just giving a thumbs up and a statement like "We're making progress" and not explaining much of anything else makes me uneasy and I can't help but wonder what "We're making progress" actually means. Are we talking RJ ROTWK level of "Making progress" (aka years of "working on it" in name only)? Don't get me wrong, I love RJ's mod but he did do exactly that with his work, where he said he was working on updates and then disappeared forever.

Even though game design, especially from scratch, is a time consuming process - I'm afraid to hope for the completion of the FONX project because I've been sorely disappointed by disappearing designers before, especially those who've used "We're making progress" statements to string us along for long periods of time.

I really do hope that the devs would do even a single article or post - it would take like an hour to do - just explaining a little of what they're working on. It would go a long way to allaying the fear plaguing a lot of members of the community.
posted on January 3rd, 2018, 8:49 am
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
posted on January 3rd, 2018, 8:10 pm
Yeah... I am developer myself and i know it can take long. But after this long time, and with rumors that engine dev crew is dead, some players will just leave Fleetops behind and never look back and even if NX makes it, there will be people missing, only cuz they waited long enough without news, so they just left... my opinion tho...
posted on January 4th, 2018, 5:45 pm
086gf wrote:Progress is progress. Even if its very slow. Glad that you are all still fully committed to it though. It will be an awesome day when you guys finally have something to show off. :thumbsup:

What on earth are you talking about? they havent posted a dam thing in years where are you getting the information from that they are still fully committed?
posted on January 4th, 2018, 7:24 pm
I'm working on a project for another type of game and I make it a point to make weekly updates to the progress on any week that I'm actually working on it (which is almost every week). It hardly slows me down at all to post these updates, and I provide details of what parts of the project that I worked on for that week.

If the devs really were working on it, they could at least commit to a monthly update and make a list of every part of the project they worked on (unclassified aspects of the project anyways) and tell us how much progress in those areas were completed. We're only talking about taking 1 day off of the project every 30 days (assuming that they work on it every day of the month except the day they're updating us). I doubt that the devs are even monitoring these forums anymore.
posted on January 5th, 2018, 12:13 am
We are grateful fans of Fleet Operations are so passionate about the game :)

Our policy continues to be that we will show something when we have something important to show. In the meantime we continue to watch, upgrade, and pay hosting for the forums and downloads.
posted on January 5th, 2018, 3:36 am
Sure you are.
posted on January 5th, 2018, 4:23 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:We are grateful fans of Fleet Operations are so passionate about the game :)

Our policy continues to be that we will show something when we have something important to show. In the meantime we continue to watch, upgrade, and pay hosting for the forums and downloads.

Dominus, you do realize that this kind of response is literally reinforcing the idea that you have nothing and will not ever have anything to show... right?
posted on January 5th, 2018, 1:00 pm
I would seem that Dominus_Noctis is like the only Dev left as he one only one that seem to post something once every 7 months saying

we will show something when we have something important to show

It's done when it's done

We still working on it

I'm with everyone i ask for a 3 to 6 months updates on progress that they can do like 6 months ago but didn't even get a reply.

P.S can you stop blocking my dam account so i don't have to keep making new ones thanks.

Dominus_Nocti also said "In the meantime we continue to watch, upgrade, and pay hosting for the forums and downloads"

Then maybe you can fix the videos page if you continue to watch, upgrade, and pay hosting for the forums and downloads ??? yes ???
posted on January 8th, 2018, 11:55 pm
I have posted on this subject several times before.
Besides the cost and time to make a new game I
would imagine that CBS or Activision has stepped
in. When fleet Ops came out, the Star Trek brand
was at a low point. Now with a 4th reboot movie
and Discovery bringing in money I have to think
CBS wants to control every drop of content. I
could be mistaken but I think Activision still has
the exclusive contract for Star Trek games. ( WIth
the obvious exception Star Trek Online for some
reason?) I wouldn't want to get any ones hopes
up, but if the money is good maybe a legit Star
Trek Armada 3 is not out of the question. Maybe
even an HD remake/port of both 1 and 2?
That seems to be the fad in the industry now. They
did deny the Fleet Ops team the source code
at the last second after all.

I digress, legal issues (Branding/Copyright/
Trademarks) most likely shut them down. :(
posted on January 9th, 2018, 12:19 am
Check this out. This will better explain the legal issues between
CBS/Viacom and Activision. Skip to page 43 and read threw page 45.

https://books.google.com/books?id=WEYTC ... l+have+rig
hts+to+star+trek&source=bl&ots=1Q6Sm3OdrL&sig=Rpw2S_UhkVXgkMtdRz
rn12V9rTw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1q5DfyMnYAhVDkeAKHYdVAkwQ6
AEISzAG#v=onepage&q=does%20activision%20still%20have%20rights%20t
o%20star%20trek&f=false

( I did my best to copy in the link. This fourm like to cut off the end of every ........
line)
posted on January 10th, 2018, 9:44 pm
Camniel wrote:
Dominus_Noctis wrote:We are grateful fans of Fleet Operations are so passionate about the game :)

Dominus, you do realize that this kind of response is literally reinforcing the idea that you have nothing and will not ever have anything to show... right?

Well he cant really add anything of importance because hes not really a developer he just runs the forum. Every forum has one of him, the guy that pretends to be more important than he is or the guy that pretends to be able to code (or both). The only ones who can give us a proper update on progress is doca cola or perhaps optec.
posted on January 10th, 2018, 9:46 pm
Mighty AGAIN wrote:I would seem that Dominus_Noctis is like the only Dev left as he one only one that seem to post something once every 7 months saying

we will show something when we have something important to show

It's done when it's done

We still working on it

I'm with everyone i ask for a 3 to 6 months updates on progress that they can do like 6 months ago but didn't even get a reply.

P.S can you stop blocking my dam account so i don't have to keep making new ones thanks.

Dominus_Nocti also said "In the meantime we continue to watch, upgrade, and pay hosting for the forums and downloads"

Then maybe you can fix the videos page if you continue to watch, upgrade, and pay hosting for the forums and downloads ??? yes ???

Join the club dominus does that alot, if you say something he doesnt like or insult his lack of importance in the development team he blocks your account, like a child throwing his toys out of the pram.
1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 91