Nova Class should be Chassis 1

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)

Question: Do you use the Nova Class vessel?

Total votes: 41
Whenever I get the chance!5 votes (12%)
I use it a lot.9 votes (22%)
I use it sometimes.10 votes (24%)
I don't use it that much.11 votes (27%)
What's the point?6 votes (15%)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on June 1st, 2011, 10:31 pm
Megaman3321 wrote:Hmm, you forgot about what may be the best weapon in the levvie's arsenal: its third special that I forgot the name of :lol: (I think it's Advanced Energy Reeling). If your opponent is spamming mons, then you NEED that special (As a sidenote, if your opponent is spamming any short range ship then you should have at least some rhienns mixed in). The buffs will make your levs all but invincible to the monsoons.In fact, I've actually won entire games with just 5 teched levs holed up in my base until my expansion was done (I've always wanted to use that instance).

if your enemy is spamming monsoons you shouldnt have leahval spam. you cant guarantee survival because proximity torp will one shot you. the leahval is just so expensive, you cant afford to be losing them. the griffin is cheaper and has better stats, and wipes the floor with mons. and a few phase plate rhienns mixed in is as always a good idea.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 1:59 pm
Myles wrote:if your enemy is spamming monsoons you shouldnt have leahval spam. you cant guarantee survival because proximity torp will one shot you. the leahval is just so expensive, you cant afford to be losing them. the griffin is cheaper and has better stats, and wipes the floor with mons. and a few phase plate rhienns mixed in is as always a good idea.

I thought I included a mix of rhienns with special :sweatdrop: Yeah, you're right about the swithcing to Griffins, but then they'll switch to intreps and wipe the floor with you again :lol:
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 2:19 pm
luckily roms can switch between griffins and leahvals easily. they are near each other tech wise. so if they switch to intreps, and leahvals you have left (assuming you went leahvals then they went monsoon spam) plus the new leahvals you are making will burn through the intreps. leahvals >>>>> intreps but intreps only > griffins.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 7:10 pm
The only change for the standard Nova that I want to see is that its buildable by both avatars. Its specials/passives at higher ranks being the main reasons. Fleet supply and more warpin slots should be available to Risner aswell.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 7:12 pm
It's only around in small numbers, so Starfleet would give it to someone they trust. Risner has a slightly shadier background the Mayson, who's a conventional Admiral. Plus Mayson needs a second avatar unit.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 7:21 pm
I think Mayson should get something in Eraudi for his second avatar unit, or the Descent. Nova suits Risner well I think.
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 7:30 pm
Tyler wrote:It's only around in small numbers, so Starfleet would give it to someone they trust. Risner has a slightly shadier background the Mayson, who's a conventional Admiral. Plus Mayson needs a second avatar unit.

And Starfleet would give vessels like the Defiant/Sovereign to someone they don't trust?
posted on June 2nd, 2011, 7:34 pm
Yep, they already selected the 2 exclusive to Mayson. Law states all other usable ships also go to Risner. Starfleet's odd that way.
posted on June 6th, 2011, 4:33 am
The Nova is just fine in chassis 2. I see some of the benefits that would come with a change but overall it's speed, durability and special make it too great too have early. Combining this ship with warp in and interlude can really add some amazing torpedo bombardments capable of shredding ships and stations alike.

I would like to see the nova go to both avatars since the novas role fill both offense and defense.
posted on June 6th, 2011, 6:26 pm
Last edited by Andre27 on June 6th, 2011, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nova for both (or future all 3) avatars would be nice, but that brings a question as to the replacement of the Nova as Mayson special.

In terms of canon designs we're limited:

Miranda class - old design

New Orleans - AFAIK planned as warp-in or map unit

Danube class - Harassment from a runabout armed with Micro-Photon torpedoes

Promethius - planned as map unit. Seems a bit too aggressive for Mayson.

Springfield - according to DITL a forerunner of the Nebula produced in small numbers.

Rigel Class - 3 nacelles + explorer Rigel Class - Specs this could be a interesting supply/support vessel.

Aegis class from stock A2 - planned as map unit

Overall the options are limited and I'd like to hear suggestions for possible nova replacements as Mayson special.

Edit: After giving it some thought, perhaps the Nebula class. Same time frame as Galaxy, but more numerous and adaptable due to the pods. Perhaps a basic Nebula which can be refitted (different versions from the warp-in)
posted on June 6th, 2011, 6:41 pm
If the Galaxy was taken out for being too old, the older Nebula wouldn't be viable. Especially having less space for refits.
posted on June 6th, 2011, 6:46 pm
Tyler wrote:If the Galaxy was taken out for being too old, the older Nebula wouldn't be viable. Especially having less space for refits.

But the Galaxy was replaced as flagship while the Nebula, not unlike the excelsior, was a versatile workhorse.
The Nebula was also produced in larger numbers than the Galaxy.

It's not impossible.
posted on June 6th, 2011, 6:54 pm
It's a good ship, but still one of the older ones. Being a good workhorse didn't save the Excelsior from not being built when it started getting on in years.

If Mayson were to build one, it would probably be a more modern successor. He could easily Warp-In Nebulas that don't count to the limit, it would be kinda like an avatar unit without actually being buildable.
posted on June 6th, 2011, 7:00 pm
A modern successor wouldn't be a bad idea either.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5