StA2_Classic Mod: Different Questions & Modeling Mods After

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
posted on March 18th, 2013, 5:41 pm
A wall of text is a wall of text no matter what(or how important) the content. Its discouraging to the eyes.

Since this thread has turned into a bit of a mess I think it would be a good idea to start over and create a new thread here(proper place for this). Start with just five questions and give everyone a chance to look over everything. Once those five are satisfied then post the next five(same thread). Don't expect help from us with the bug reports though since those arn't meant for our untrained eyes but for the devs only.
posted on March 18th, 2013, 7:03 pm
@Myles: Stop acting way you do to me and then I won't have to add you to my "Ignore List" and actually thank you for finding it for me, :P
I'm going to give you one more chance, and if I feel your reply (or replies to me) are disrespectful or feel like an attack on me, or how I post, I won't be replying instead I'll be using that list... fair warning.

For the record, I tried one question posts, I've browsed through other threads with users here who've also posted questions, one at a time. You know what I found? I noticed that in most of those threads the only person with posts in a row were the original poster with at times one even smaller post from another user in between. Those type of posts sadly tell me that those users never got what they were after especially if their next post was days if not weeks to a month after their previous. I personally would call that: "Post Ignoring", "not caring" or a word that us far more harsh that I'm not going to write it.

Just remember, I'm giving you just one more chance, please don't make me feel like you're trying to attack me or put me down. After all, I'd hate to have to use my Ignore List and possibly be ignoring a valuable asset to something I might ask in the future.

For the record for those that care: "I know my posts are long, but when I start writing them, I use the Notes Section on my iPad and take them all at once especially when I don't have access to the Internet or wireless all day. So I put them all as one post because in all due respect, its much easier to do that, hence the reason why I number them. Nothing says someone has to read an entire post, I don't do that all the time here, instead I read the important sections, namely in my posts, that is the parts that I've actually numbered, and yet again there I still make it simple in how I word my questions because when they're answered I can quickly go back to those questions on the thread as well, and I've always been planning on going back and editing each thread with questions as they're answered by either deleting the question, and leaving the number with the word: "Completed", "Done" or "Works" by it. Thus each posting would eventually be less and less words if it has a question. If its a short posting one of those 3 words would be added to the bottom of the post, thus meaning anyone reading can skip that post. I've been always planning on making all my posts this simplistic but without answers, my initial questions will and do (and evidence supports this) will get longer and that is the honest truth.

Thus I have always planned on making this easy for all of you, but logically for things to be easy answers need to be given, help needs to be offered because eventually posts, questions and everything gets Longer because it takes two or more people... One to post questions and others to answer, more people wait the more difficult things actually can get.
posted on March 18th, 2013, 7:22 pm
@086gf: This thread would have been fine if other people knew how to keep it on track and didn't have the common sense to not derail it and take it off track and its topic. From the beginning I posted the most important questions and there was only a few and that's the God's Honest Truth but any answer I got was a cryptic small answer saying to do something I did before posting the questions, to check FleetOps or the Guide unless the Guide didn't make it easy to find such information or answers, I even checked a few mods before I posted any of them and tried everything out using this part if the Guide to use the STA2_Classic Mod as a Parent Mod, its not my fault that that didn't work or that the guide doesn't have a section on making standalone mods, maybe no one thought about doing such a thing before, or the guide hasn't been updated with such information, only God knows that.

When no one answers a question, that's when they end up getting longer and longer because that's when I start hunting more and more and more for information to answer my own questions and to actually get things working myself, that's when each one of Jose original questions got longer mod longer and longer (hence the letters added to each question). The truth if the matter is, almost very las n of m questions are related to the first set of questions I ever posted in this thread that only got small cryptic answers that weren't really helpful or ended up causing more questions instead of actually allowing any work to be done on my mod other than the ODF edits (not game breaking) and AI coding that I've been doing well waiting for anyone to give any non-cryptic answer that would actually be fully helpful.

As for the Bug Reports, I know the Dave's are the only ones that understand them yet not one Dev understands them it seems (to quote Dominus_Noctis who said he didn't understand them). Well if the Devs are to busy, maybe they need to add a section to the Guide for everyday users to decode the bug reports that they get or add someone to the Development Team that is only dedicated to the Bug Reports others have with FleetOps itself or with the Patch Project 1.2.5 Patch or with Mods for the Mods Directory.

Honestly I don't know, but people post bug reports for one simple reason, they don't understand them and if no one answers them or understands them how can anyone create a mod if they're always getting bug reports they don't understand (that no one understands) and then ate at a complete dead hauls because of it? Actually take time to think about such a thing, or fix the Bug Report system and how they are coded for EVERYBODY to know how to decode and solve on their own p, its actually the smart and logical thing to do.
posted on March 18th, 2013, 7:29 pm
Plus for the record, it would be very hard to create another thread, I don't have an more thread names for such a topic and I don't want to make a thread in the modifications section for a mod that might never be released or might just be dying out and be like many other mods there. All that dies is gets people's hopes up for a mod that is in the works just to destroy those hopes when the mod dies out because of questions not being answered.

I'm no in the business of getting people's hopes up just to destroy them, that's why I'm using the Star Trek Armada I/Armada II Section, I have a reason for everything that I post, how I post it and where I post it. If I ever plan on releasing one of or both of these mods, then I'd be putting a thread in the modifications section.
posted on March 18th, 2013, 8:11 pm
Je_mezu24 wrote:@Myles: Stop acting way you do to me and then I won't have to add you to my "Ignore List" and actually thank you for finding it for me, :P
I'm going to give you one more chance, and if I feel your reply (or replies to me) are disrespectful or feel like an attack on me, or how I post, I won't be replying instead I'll be using that list... fair warning.

please massa, i'm sorry massa, please don't use your list, i do anything massa. :rolleyes:

you're obviously not interested in changing your posting style, so i'll leave you to your thread full of 9 pages of us bickering, and no answers (now or ever).

spiderman awaaaaaay
posted on March 18th, 2013, 8:59 pm
Oh, there'll be answers someday.

I believe that eventually others will start making standalone mods and not want parent mods and when they do, I've at least laid down the bench work for questions that can help them, and if they don't get answered here, they will some where's else...
posted on March 18th, 2013, 10:31 pm
I wish you luck Je_Mezu24, youre going to need it. Obviously youre not going to listen to anyone else here because you are always right. I guess I should have known this would be the case as your at that wise old age of 24 (almost 25). You know more then everyone else that has been here FAR longer then you. Since youre an expert on forum posting and getting all the help you need, theres nothing more that needs to be said.

Im with you on this one Myles.
posted on March 18th, 2013, 11:26 pm
I've never said I'm an expert and I don't claim to be, yet again assuming.

As I've said more than once already, I post the way I do because it suits my busy day and makes the time that I can actually check on my posts so much easier. What is so hard to respect about that?

There is no rule here on how to post or how a posting should look, it can have as much text or as little text as the perso posting chooses to put in their post. Really you should all let it go when it comes to the size of my posts, you've said your suggestions to make them smaller and continue to want to attack my posting style after I've said why I do it like that, you guys just can't let it go???

So leave it at this:
"You've made your suggestion on posting size and I hereby state once and for all: I Will Post In The Way That Is Easiest For Me, Don't Like It, Then Keep Your Mouth Shut About It. Thank You!"

And if I have to restart this thread to get answers to my questions, its just going to be a quote of all of the questions on Page 6 that I re-posted at the request of rifraf, that posting with 23 questions, or each one of those questions will be getting a separate post for each question, in other words, this forum will be filled with 23 new threads that I was trying to prevent having to post to make everything simple for everyone here on the forums.

Now I'm regretting ever making it simple instead I should have littered the forums with 23 new threads since that is apparently what everyone wants done! So in the coming days, I might just be starting those threads... because with all due respect to 086gf and his suggestion to post 4 questions and wait for answers won't work when it's highly impossible that the four questions will get the FleetOps version of the STA2_Generational Mod actually working when many of my questions are relating to actually getting it working because they are all related to changes with the STA2_Classic Mod and since my mod CAN'T use that mod as a Parent Mod, these questions are all related to making it a standalone mod, hence why they have all been posted at once.

If no one can respect that, then so be it...
posted on March 20th, 2013, 1:59 am
I've got a request, can one of the Devs lock this thread for me?
It's gotten to out if hand in many ways due to many different things including other forums users not liking my style of posting.
Well either way, I am going to start over with this thread in its own way and as much as I don't want to, it's going in the modification section of the forums.

Also, if possible if its possible can someone (a Dev) take my questions in my post from Page 6 (//www.fleetops.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12118&start=75
from this spot:
posted on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:28 am

From this text?
About The: STA2_Generational Mod:

This will be good and helpful to me if it can be done,
Thank you in advance.
posted on March 20th, 2013, 4:21 am
I'm sure you can find the time to repost them :)

1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9