3.2.7 Known Bugs (Table on Page 1)

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
posted on February 15th, 2013, 7:56 pm
I don't know why you've seen it, but that's not how the engine works. You can test it very simply by giving a ship 1 shield hitpoint and firing a weapon at the ship. The ship will take hull damage if the damage dealt is greater than 1 damage.

Subsystems on the other hand do not suffer bleed. If a weapon hits a subsystem, it only deals damage to that subsystem - excess damage does not hit the hull and vice versa.
posted on February 17th, 2013, 5:41 pm
I'am really sorry if that question has already been discussed but when i play with an ally AI Klingon or Romulan, they usually cloak there entire damn fleets and do nothing, thats aside the fact that lots of invisible ships are causing heavy lag on my system. When i assault enemy star base their fleet always arrive.... only to stupidly screw around staying cloaked. Is this some sort of an AI glitch ? Thank you for the reply in advance.
posted on March 2nd, 2013, 2:57 pm
The Romulan (dominion) mixed tech Serkas can cloak while its weapon systems are not working. While that saved me a ship, it is clearly a bug, sadly. :D
posted on March 2nd, 2013, 5:16 pm
For the cloaking issue go to the RTS_config file in the root directory and look for this about 1/4 the way down:

// Percent chance that AI fleets will cloak for long moves in Instant Action
// and Multiplayer AI (provided they can!)
float HARD_AI_CLOAK_PERCENT = 100;
float MEDIUM_AI_CLOAK_PERCENT = 100;
float EASY_AI_CLOAK_PERCENT = 100;

Change the values to 0 or some number less than 100 % to get them to cloak less. Set to 0 so they never cloak? The guide here says that it's A2 Hardcoded Default: 75.0 if you play on hard so I'm not specifically sure how much you can actually change it. Experirment with it and see if you get your desired effect.
posted on March 3rd, 2013, 4:01 am
During network games vs AI we encountered a possible cause for out-of-sync issues.

Whenever we upgraded a newton repair ship (either built by us or boarded) we had out of sync errors. Especially the second upgrade appeared prone to give out of sync errors.
posted on March 3rd, 2013, 9:39 pm
Unfortunately ships/stations that have an upgrade time can generate an out of sync (either false, or occasionally real) - we've hopefully fixed that in the next version :)
posted on April 12th, 2013, 11:30 am
More out-of-sync info :)

We encountered out-of-sync issues in games vs AI under the following conditions

- Seperate bases, 2 Merciless AI (klingon, dominion) // Condition: Upgrading a newton repair ship // result: -real- oos issue
We were: federation, romulans

- Shared base, 2 merciless AI (klingon, dominion) // Condition: boarding an enemy ship // result: -real- oos issue
We were: a single, shared federation base

- Shared base, 2 merciless AI (klingon, dominion) // Condition: upgrading a newton repar ship // result fake oos issue

- Shared base, 2 merciless AI (klingon, dominion) // Condition: having boarded an enemy ship and then upgrading a newton // result: -real- oos issue

- Seperate bases, 2 merciless AI (klingon, dominion) // Condition: boarding an enemy ship // result: -real- oos issue
We were: dominion, romulans

- Seperate bases, 2 merciless AI (klingon, dominion) // Condition: building/using carrier ships (fed or dominion) // result: -real- oos issue

- Seperate bases, 2 merciless AI (klingon, dominion) //Condition: building a singularity refit // result: -real- oos issue (the refit was built from the yard so it didn't need to be upgraded. It still caused an out of sync. Might it be the transmitter waves that have to do with it?)

I am sorry if you addressed some of this already dominus noctis (thanks by the way!! :)) but I thought I should post our findings regardless because when it comes to troubleshooting and bug hunting the more info the better, right? :sweatdrop:
posted on April 12th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Thanks Melody, always appreciated :)

You wouldn't happen to have the logs though, would you? Basically impossible to figure out what's going wrong without them unfortunately :sweatdrop:

To do so, when starting a game, the host must go to the Advanced menu, type "dbg", click "synchost" then hit "ok" in the Advanced menu. When an out of sync occurs, the log will appear in your application data in the Logs folder. %appdata%\star trek armada ii fleet operations\logs

Each human player must provide the logs to a single game - if you do so, please enclose a text file with the races, map, last action prior to OOS, and length of the game. :)
posted on April 12th, 2013, 4:00 pm
Oohhh, I had no idea! I will definitely let my friend know *nod* Thanks!

And no, unfortunately I do not have such logs. :pinch:
posted on May 11th, 2013, 10:00 pm
Hello again dear people :)

This time my friend and I have the logs! He graciously uploaded them, here is the link.

Out of sync error logs of both computers

Good luck!
posted on May 12th, 2013, 1:20 am
Thanks Melody :thumbsup:
posted on September 16th, 2013, 3:58 pm
A question.... Is this intentional?

Elite Rhiens DECLOAK when Aldovh Cloaking runs out of special energy
posted on September 16th, 2013, 4:37 pm
yes
you need special energy, when zeroed, you decloaks, romulans need special energy for cloak, klingons do not.

if you turn off your aldovh cloak manualy at 1 or more points of special energy, rien stay cloaked.
posted on January 18th, 2014, 1:00 am
The "float GRID_SIZE" RTS_CFG.h variable does not work at all, though it is listed in the guide as a valid command. And I think the guide should be changed to say that the default value is 200, not 100. Because the FO grid size is 200.

EDIT: Direct link to the command in the guide http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding/units/rts-cfg-elements#Fleet-Ops-Only-GRID_SIZE
posted on January 18th, 2014, 2:14 am
Yes, the following configuration commands are only available in V4, not in V3.

SHIELD_EFFECT_RESCALE
SHIELD_EFFECT_DAMAGE_COLORED
GAME_OPTIONS_PHYSICS
PRODUCER_BUILD_INFO_WIREFRAME_SIZE
TECHTREE_DEFAULT_FILE
GRID_SIZE
CRAFT_DEFAULT_ALERT_STATUS
CRAFT_DEFAULT_MOVEMENT_AUTONOMY
CRAFT_DEFAULT_SPECIALWEAPON_AUTONOMY
1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25