Favorite Type of Strategy

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.

Question: what kind of strategy do you employ most

Total votes: 60
Attack really early with lots of sabers13 votes (22%)
Wait until I get more tech and better ships19 votes (32%)
Attack when I start to churn out capitol ships5 votes (8%)
Build up a massive fleet of sovies and defiants3 votes (5%)
I don't- I hunker down and build. Let them come to me20 votes (33%)
1, 2, 3
posted on April 18th, 2007, 11:01 pm
I thought it might be interesting
plz give explanation why

I used to wait the enemy to come to me.  but now i figured out thats why i loose so much.  i attack as soon as my enemy's ships leave thier base so i catch him unguared.  also i use scuicide missions.  Alot
posted on April 19th, 2007, 2:09 am
My strategy is to attack early, but Sabres are not the ships to use.  Teching up to at least Akiras is usually necessary.
posted on April 20th, 2007, 8:00 am
i usually wait till i have a secondary base and i launch my attack against all my opponents at the same time. usually after a large battle where i completely rout the enemy. unless the enemy get annoying, then i just crush them instantly. :borg:
posted on April 20th, 2007, 8:12 pm
Who do you prefer to play as?
posted on April 24th, 2007, 4:54 pm
depends how i feel. feds, klingons, romulans, dominion. there all extremely fun in the right mind set.

--- :ph34r: edit
sometime's the wrong one too.
posted on April 24th, 2007, 10:06 pm
Casper wrote:sometime's the wrong one too.

:lol: indeed.
posted on April 26th, 2007, 12:29 am
borg will be really good.  especially with the return of crew.  those asimilators will lokk that much more deadly
posted on April 26th, 2007, 1:37 am
Yeah.  Assimilation is good for the soul.

The Borg soul.

:borg:
posted on April 26th, 2007, 11:02 pm
Last edited by Prowannabe on April 26th, 2007, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just like to build a lot of defenses, not just like 10, I mean at least 30+ plus star bases throughout my main base while I turn out fast attack squads of fighters/destroyers, and I also make a couple of main assault forces so after he does attack I can squash his fleet of ships than immediately concentrate on his base and make a quick counter attack.  If I'm not able to destroy his base with my ships I will destroy his star base or star bases and destroy his constructors so he is stuck or just slowed down a bit then I will build many smaller bases throughout the map at strategic choke points and resource areas and build up 2 to 3 fleets each consisting of 3 wings, 2 wings of attack fighters/destroyers, and one wing of heavy torp ships.  If he attacks anywhere I will have a fleet waiting at most 10 seconds away but if he doesn't attack I will just set up star bases with platform support and just have him surrounded than just attack him with everything I have and if I feel like I want to play with him I will retreat too my waiting defensive lines and destroy what he has than finish him off >:D.  But I so want to play the Borg, I can't wait to have a cube fleet decimating just about anything in its path.  :assimilate:
posted on April 27th, 2007, 2:34 am
6 fleets of assimilators and 4 of ints
they are dead men walking
posted on June 3rd, 2007, 9:58 pm
sabres and monsoon raiding the enemies eco

then akira and defiant spam

for klingon:: bop,bop, bop and more bop, then k'vort
roms:: shrike, shrike, shrike, generix refits, D'deridex
dom:: bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, T-15
posted on June 5th, 2007, 2:34 am
In AI play i use a bunch of Sabers and Ventures. build them fast and strike, its suicide missions realy jsut to slow them up, research, then starbase, then con ships. but online play when i try that. lol well dosnt work out too well. after my sabers and ventures i pull out my fav ships, the Excelsior II. Love them things, lol used to school LumpyBob with them...then i schooled him with Ventures to......
posted on July 17th, 2007, 7:40 pm
i like to build a gaggle -blam- of sabers then try to attack the enemy base, but always fail epically.
dunno why i do it, but it seems that it never, ever works.
:thumbsup:
posted on July 18th, 2007, 2:25 am
i like to turtle up and defend untill im sure i can come out ontop of a few battles, since i havent played any humies at this game yet i dont know how good turtleing will be...probably very poorly but we shall see :D.

If anyone wants a game add me on Yahoo - mutanthippie and we shall try and sort a game or 2 out.
posted on July 18th, 2007, 2:00 pm
I like to attack with the crapt ship all over the map while I have my capitol ships build. that way the small ship can be a pain to the other guy resource collecting
1, 2, 3