Trek XII - Images, Videos, Discussion, ect...

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11
posted on November 11th, 2011, 5:55 pm
Last edited by 086gf on November 21st, 2011, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abrams wants Benicio Del Toro as the villian but its not quite official yet but its pretty certain.

I say he would be a Klingon.

Report: J.J. Abrams wants Benicio Del Toro as next Star Trek villain | TrekMovie.com
posted on November 11th, 2011, 6:26 pm
im thinking cardassian maybe... or maybe Andorian?
posted on November 11th, 2011, 7:20 pm
Interesting, trying to decide if hed be a good villan or not...
posted on November 11th, 2011, 7:48 pm
I'd saw the article on this.  Nothing confirmed, but most people seem to suspect Khan.  I'm actually hoping they get him to play someone like Henry Mudd.  Given his previous role as Dr. Gonzo in "Fear and Loathing", the transition would be awesome!
posted on November 11th, 2011, 8:00 pm
he looks like someone to play khan.

pls i sincerely hope jj doesnt try redo wrath of khan, that was one of the best trek movies, i'd cry if jj devalues it with his "style". i really hope jj isnt stupid enough to try a khan redo.
posted on November 12th, 2011, 5:59 am
Myles wrote:he looks like someone to play khan.

i'd cry if jj devalues it with his "style".

Now that you've said that, hes going to do that just to spite you :P
posted on November 12th, 2011, 10:06 am

pls i sincerely hope jj doesnt try redo wrath of khan, that was one of the best trek movies, i'd cry if jj devalues it with his "style". i really hope jj isnt stupid enough to try a khan redo.

I totally agree. They shouldn't do Khan ever. It's a parallel timeline, so Khan may never be found on the Botany Bay so problem solved!  :D
posted on November 12th, 2011, 1:40 pm
KKKKHHHHAAAANNNN!!!!!! well someone had too :)
posted on November 12th, 2011, 2:53 pm
Im thinking Klingon, to play khan he would need to be athletic and be an imposing figure, del toro is not, hes not even a particularly large bloke.
posted on November 12th, 2011, 7:47 pm
A Horta?
posted on November 21st, 2011, 7:00 pm
Filming starts Jan. 15. JJ is considering using Hawaii for a jungle planet. And they are using an LA museum for a "famous Star Trek Location". I wonder what it could be? The script has been done for a while now. Also the scope of the movie will be bigger than the first.

Exclusive: Star Trek Sequel Filming Starts January 15th + Locations & Pre-production Update | TrekMovie.com
posted on November 22nd, 2011, 3:15 pm
Im so glad startrek is still going, even tho i don't like abrams, at least there is new startrek material coming out, really hope for a new stargate series and or film also.
posted on November 25th, 2011, 8:30 pm
More about Del Toro.

JJ Abrams Confirms Discussions With Benicio Del Toro | TrekMovie.com

And we now have an official date of May 17, 2013 in 3D.

Star Trek Sequel To Be Released May 17, 2013 – In 3D | TrekMovie.com

Also, it will be a stand alone movie not relying on the first but still in the new alt universe.

JJ Abrams: Star Trek Sequel Will ‘Start Over’ | TrekMovie.com
posted on November 27th, 2011, 7:38 pm

He cant Redo Wrath of Khan, Because remember, JJ-Trek was set like RIGHT when the Enterprise Launched, like PRE-TOS or right at episode one
As such, there was no "Space Seed" Episode, where they wake up Khan and create the Backstory that makes up the Wrath of Khan.
posted on November 27th, 2011, 7:43 pm
alexbond45 wrote:He cant Redo Wrath of Khan, Because remember, JJ-Trek was set like RIGHT when the Enterprise Launched, like PRE-TOS or right at episode one
As such, there was no "Space Seed" Episode, where they wake up Khan and create the Backstory that makes up the Wrath of Khan.

interesting, it only holds true if jj has to obey the rules of sense. which i would never bet on.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11