Star Trek: Defense Line (Developing a new ST RTS game)

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
posted on September 9th, 2016, 9:51 pm
no problem :)
posted on September 28th, 2016, 1:31 pm
New Update!

These are two screenshots with sovereign class starship. We have added individual names to ships (like in Armada series). We also stabilized the resource collection system (all the bugs we could find were solved).

Assimilated Sovereign... What do you think of it? By the way, Borg assimilation textures are added to the models randomly. So if you assimilate two vessels of the same class, you would be able to recognize each of them, as they are different.

The MSD (Multi-System Display) menu is totally remade. Player can see all the information of the selected ship in one menu.

NEEDED: we still really need someone who could create station building animations for already existing models!
posted on September 30th, 2016, 12:23 am
LCARS UI looks amazing
posted on September 30th, 2016, 7:37 am
JCarrill0 wrote:LCARS UI looks amazing

Thanks!
posted on October 12th, 2016, 1:53 pm
We have shown you mostly starships and stations so far. As you could guess we have a lot of other objects in Star Trek Defence Line. For example stars, nebulas, asteroids, black holes, etc.

Today I'd like to show you our planets. There will be a large variety of planets in the game, each with it's own set of parameters. For example after M-class planet colonization the colony population will gradually rise and player will get additional crew along with titanium and a few dilithium. If player colonizes a planet like Mercury, his colony population will hardly rise, but he'll have a greater amount of other recourses, than if it was an Earth-like planet. However he'll get no crew from such colony.

In sum, here are our beauties:

NEEDED: we still really need someone who could create station building animations for already existing models!
posted on October 13th, 2016, 8:54 pm
Looks good. But I was really hoping to see the cube explode.

EDIT: Game doesn't work well on my computer. Mouse is black and there are several other graphics bugs that keep me from playing the game.
posted on October 14th, 2016, 7:42 am
TChapman500 wrote:Looks good. But I was really hoping to see the cube explode.

EDIT: Game doesn't work well on my computer. Mouse is black and there are several other graphics bugs that keep me from playing the game.

You'll be able to see exploding cubes in the following demo.

Hm, could you describe bugs using Private Messages? We're searching for bugs to solve them.
posted on December 2nd, 2016, 8:39 am
First sight of Klingon faction. D-53 class Bird-of-Preys in fight.

posted on January 12th, 2017, 3:14 pm
Some news:

The builder ship’s model and textures are remade by Aad Moerman. Look at the screenshot: you can see Atlantia class (builder ship) model. We also recreated some physics. Now vessels react more realistically to torpedoes when their engines are broken down. If a ship loses her crew, she turns neutral and starts to drift through space. We added players’ colours as well. Because of star system’s size, mini map has two modes. The local mode shows the space around player’s camera. The global mode shows the whole star system and massive objects (starbases, planets, etc.).

posted on February 22nd, 2017, 12:38 pm
Critically damaged Akira. By the way, we decided to remove recourse limits.

posted on February 23rd, 2017, 12:35 pm
Nice work.
posted on March 5th, 2017, 7:33 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen!

We haven't updated info about our project for a while, but now we have something interesting to show you. We recorded a video in which you can see a testing battle with our new explosions effects, new physics for ships and torpedoes. Along with regular starships, you can see three hero vessels. They are U.S.S.BABYLON (designed by Arsen Bagdasarov - u.s.s.sovereign; model by TUB_Husker), U.S.S.NAGASAKI (designed by Arthur Bagdasarov - u.s.s.defiant, model by TUB_Husker), and assimilated U.S.S.REVOLUTION (designed and modeled by dvatreknerd314, who created Evolution class model. The textures of assimilated U.S.S.REVOLUTION by Arthur Bagdasarov). In this battle the Federation and the Borg will meet in fight in a pulsar star system. In our previous video the Collective was represented by a single cube. In this video you can see the whole Borg fleet.
Background: Federation fleet faced the Borg in a pulsar star-system. The Borg flagship Destroyer-Cube (a special vessel class) creates an omega-molecular distortion that destroys subspace preventing all Starfleet vessels to warp out of the system and escape. The Federation fleet has nothing to do but to fight the Borg.

Music:
- Call of Duty - Stalingrad boat ride
- Call of Duty - Red square Charge
- Starship Troopers - Main Theme

https://youtu.be/8Y3ep5n-z6w
posted on March 12th, 2017, 6:49 am
Klingon I-73 class starship on a patrol mission.

posted on March 26th, 2017, 6:26 am
Ships engines recreating caused such strange views. It'll be solved. We hope, this engines system will be better than the previous one. It has advantages because of working with physics. With the new system starships move using physical engines that will allow us to create manoeuvres later.

posted on April 1st, 2017, 12:05 pm
Tribute to Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Soviet's and Allies' sovereign class starships.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6