New forum bugs, issues, hiccoughs and stuff

Post here comments, questions about the board or the site. Found bugs? What you like, what you don't like.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on June 8th, 2012, 2:12 pm
Selor Kiith wrote:Maybe just a problem with Opera but it seems to cycle through two other fonts when loading before coming to the new standard font (which I like :D).

To be clear, when the page is loading I see first another font, then while loading it changes to another one and then when the page is finished loading it changes to the final font.

maybe it's a problem with the way opera handles scripts (which are used to handle the look of the text)

i just tested it on my copy of opera, and it happens for a split second the first time i visit the site, after that it's not even noticeable. my computer is fairly new, so stuff gets handled quickly, what specs have you got?
posted on June 8th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Optec wrote:You should, for example, now land on your last unread post when you check a topic, rather then on the first page

I was going to request this, but you put it in before I could! Thanks for the hard work.
posted on June 8th, 2012, 10:17 pm
As with the previous site, it seems passwords have unwritten restrictions on character types. An ampersand in the new password breaks the change password page. I tried three times before using my password from the old site and successfully changing (I had to change it because my old password wasn't working).

EDIT: There's also a minor aesthetic issue. Avatar display size cannot be adjusted in account settings, which means a lot of images look too tiny and pixelated to those of us who want to see them big.
EDIT2: I found this somewhat funny: "Avatars must be at least 90 pixels wide and 90 pixels high, but no larger than 90 pixels wide and 90 pixels high." I definitely would like to see a larger limit and some more flexibility in the range.
posted on June 9th, 2012, 6:37 am
I can't find the "Mark All Posts Read" button anywhere.
posted on June 9th, 2012, 9:57 am
It doesn't seem to appear to me either, probably disabled just like sigs.
posted on June 9th, 2012, 12:37 pm
In the front page the ad at the bottom don't do anything when clicked, the ads inside the topics works well, Am I the only one with this issue?

And yes I miss the "mark all read" option. :(

another minor thing is the date of every post, is almost impossible to read, needs more contrast.
posted on June 9th, 2012, 12:42 pm
JeanLucPicard wrote:In the front page the ad at the bottom don't do anything when clicked, the ads inside the topics works well, Am I the only one with this issue?

And yes I miss the "mark all read" option. :(

another minor thing is the date of every post, is almost impossible to read, needs more contrast.

i fired up IE to test this, and it displayed a flash ad for STO which worked (albeit slowly).
posted on June 9th, 2012, 12:54 pm
Maybe is a local thing, those ad are targeted by country! Weird thing is the one in the post works well for me :lol:

EDIT: a word
posted on June 9th, 2012, 9:56 pm
JeanLucPicard wrote:Maybe is a local thing, those ad are targeted by country! Weird thing is the one in the post works well for me :lol:

EDIT: a word

yeah i suspect people get different ads, if an ad is not working then it's probably not up to fleetops.net devs to fix, as the flash ads are made by 3rd parties.
posted on June 9th, 2012, 9:58 pm
yep, myles is correct :)
posted on June 10th, 2012, 11:41 am
Really weird one to report, i was able to post as usual, but the bar at the top (with links to home/guide/account etc) was the bar you get when not signed in. i used the login box to log in (despite already being logged in) and it updated to normal and allowed me to view my PM inbox.
posted on June 20th, 2012, 12:16 am
While the new forum looks pretty sleek i find it less convenient to navigate than the previous forum largely due to more scrolling. Am i alone in this or does someone else share this opinion.

Edit: that -> than
posted on June 20th, 2012, 11:04 am
Andre27 wrote:While the new forum looks pretty sleek i find it less convenient to navigate than the previous forum largely due to more scrolling. Am i alone in this or does someone else share this opinion.

Edit: that -> than

well, sigs are gone, so you'd think there'd be less scrolling, but i still find that plenty of vertical space is wasted. the gap between posts is big, and quoting takes up a lot of vertical space. a separate line for each quotation mark.
posted on June 21st, 2012, 12:49 am
Andre27 wrote:While the new forum looks pretty sleek i find it less convenient to navigate than the previous forum largely due to more scrolling. Am i alone in this or does someone else share this opinion.
Yes, the scrolling is extensive.
Jan wrote:For navigating through the pages I always have to scroll down. To have one at the top would be helpful.
Having a link to all the pages of a topic at the top would helpful to decrease scrolling - see comment above.

Also, the donation link is not working - at least the english/dollars part. I click the "Continue to Paypal" link and I get a javascript error and a link to "Go back to Merchant" link.
posted on June 24th, 2012, 9:32 am
Is there going to be a B-day notification in the future?
1, 2, 3, 4