Twice The Fun

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
posted on December 29th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Last edited by Optec on December 29th, 2011, 4:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ok, welcome back to our newspost after a short holiday break. We talked about the unit profiles and a specific example lately, the Steamrunner Class, so now it's probably time to talk a bit about the way the general gameplay will change to get the bigger picture. Let's start today with the new, early game options.

Click here to read this article!
posted on December 29th, 2011, 1:36 pm
Hmmm. Quite interesting. Offering several paths of tech should indeed improve game play and make games less predictable. I look forward to the diverse options from the other factions.
posted on December 29th, 2011, 2:05 pm
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET IT BE A MIRANDA II.

Looks like a serious redo, thanks for posting some news, really looking forward to this now.
posted on December 29th, 2011, 2:25 pm
The fun has been doubled you say?

looks really nice, i like the idea of the support yard. it's a nice looking yard design too.
posted on December 29th, 2011, 2:34 pm
2x yards, 2x fun  :woot:
posted on December 29th, 2011, 2:45 pm
now it gets realy interresting  :woot:
posted on December 29th, 2011, 3:22 pm
Thanks for the news post guys.  I can't wait for this next patch. :woot:
posted on December 29th, 2011, 3:39 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on December 29th, 2011, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I really like this concept; players can optimise build rates to suit their preferences. Never seen it much in an RTS before. Am i right this will be the same for all the sides (save the Borg with their special build system)?

You guys have honestly impressed me with your work on AII; what you've achieved just so far is incredible. You've essentially rebuilt an entire game from the ground up, even to the point of modifying the core code of it! Part of me wonders if any of the old game is left in there! :lol:
posted on December 29th, 2011, 3:41 pm
next patch is federation faction redo or borg faction redo? o.o :crybaby:

edit: can i have borg fun? :>
posted on December 29th, 2011, 3:58 pm
Yep, all factions will have equivalent ways to customize your game experience, but, of course, through individual game play mechanics to make it more interesting :)

All races get a lot of redo in the next patch, the current news posts just focus around the Federation, as they have most of their new gameplay already implemented in the internal development version. The Borg will probably get most of their new redo features :) More about the aliens in the weekly newsposts
posted on December 29th, 2011, 6:37 pm
Damn, you are amibitious aren't you Shelby.
posted on December 29th, 2011, 7:05 pm
Pretty neat stuff. Looking forward to this patch.... thanks for all the hard work..
posted on December 29th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Relay cool,

Well the yards arability be dependent on your (command officer) "avatar"?

If this is the case will there be a game setting to make all available under a different game setting?
posted on December 29th, 2011, 8:06 pm
nope, both yards are available for both avatars :)
posted on December 29th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Looks awesome  :thumbsup:

So if I understood correctly,all the races will get a redo in this upcomming patch? I thought u ment to stretch these race redos over a couple of patches. Don't get me wrong, this is great news, its just unexpected (for me at least  :D).
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6