The Experience System

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on August 3rd, 2008, 9:21 pm
I'm curious, for later modding purposes, are the ranks easily expandable, and are the effects of said rank improvement easy to add, or are they hard coded into something that modders won't be able to get at? I ask because I'm curious if this will be going into the patch project, if so... well that pretty much just is Armada 3
posted on August 16th, 2008, 4:00 am
omg i feel lyk iv been waitin 4 this 4eva!  :crybaby:
Will it b out this year?
posted on August 16th, 2008, 7:40 am
well reading the other posts sounds like the ranks are customisable  because there are unlimited possible rank achievements and it will be included in the patch project
posted on August 16th, 2008, 8:27 am
yep the mechanics used for the ranksystem are relatively easy to mod (its a bit more to do then usual armada2 odf moding, but its not the most complex mechanic in Fleet Operations v3) and you can use an unlimited number of ranks. For further questions about the mechanics behind it, please open a post in the patch project forums.
posted on August 19th, 2008, 8:00 am
have you thought about using admiral's ranks where the effects are transmitted to nearby ships or ships in the same group?
posted on August 19th, 2008, 8:57 am
yep thats an idea for a future version, but not v3 :)
posted on August 19th, 2008, 8:58 am
Last edited by Casper on August 19th, 2008, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
cool

--- :ph34r: edit

would the effects from that be cumulative? ie: 4 admirals in the same group, effect is 4 times as powerful or something?
posted on August 19th, 2008, 11:46 pm
would make sense, means you treasure your fleet more!
posted on August 28th, 2008, 3:40 pm
yay!  :woot: treasure
1, 2, 3, 4, 5