Megadroid's Mission Mod 1.0.1

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3
posted on October 20th, 2011, 11:04 pm
Last edited by Megadroid on October 21st, 2011, 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
This release of MMM fixes some issues found in 1.0.0, as well as adding a few extra features. Of particular note is support for child mods (where MMM maps don't have to be in the main mod) and the addition of the Premonitions sample mission.

Click here to read this article!
posted on October 20th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Yay.  I haven't even tried the first though, I guess I need to now huh? :lol:
posted on October 21st, 2011, 12:23 am
ok i keep getting this error when loading up a mission (well premonition)

Attachments

error.png
posted on October 21st, 2011, 12:35 am
Last edited by Megadroid on October 21st, 2011, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ok, everyone who already downloaded it, could you redownload? The original upload had some broken tutorials.

Blade wrote:ok i keep getting this error when loading up a mission (well premonition)

Have you installed this? It was mentioned on the getting started page - I'll add a link in the post.
posted on October 21st, 2011, 6:07 pm
just installed now i get a different error

Attachments

Untitled-2.png
posted on October 21st, 2011, 8:50 pm
OK, thanks for reporting it. Working on a solution now.
posted on October 21st, 2011, 9:04 pm
maybe someone can finally put out a couple campaigns for Star Wars: Fleet Command and Star Trek Vs Star Wars
posted on October 21st, 2011, 9:46 pm
OK, Blade and anyone else who had problems running it, could you re-download please and let me know if it works?
posted on October 21st, 2011, 10:52 pm
I jut played it and had no errors, played like the A1 original only much better. This is fantastic work I really enjoyed it and hope to see some more A1 missions re-done in the future.

I do have a question however. I noticed in the single player menu screen only four images for campaigns, is there a way to have like 6 or 8? Reason I ask is down the track I plan to make my own like I think many people will however I was hoping to be able to have more than four (replacing the tutorials with a campaign) and so I was just wondering if this is on the books or the to-do list at all?

Also I know A2 does support full screen cinematic animations like A1 did but is a change so it can on the books at all? Just curious either way you've done what we all thought was the impossible and this has I think become the best addon/mod for A2.  :thumbsup:
posted on October 21st, 2011, 11:01 pm
Last edited by DOCa Cola on October 21st, 2011, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMM is laid out as replacement for the mission definitions/scripts DLLs, which won't be loaded until the map is being loaded, so it can not support customization of the SP screen.
However, such a feature for Fleet Operations is planned (already begun work on it).
posted on October 21st, 2011, 11:15 pm
it works now thank you
posted on October 21st, 2011, 11:21 pm
Last edited by Megadroid on October 21st, 2011, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Majestic wrote:I do have a question however. I noticed in the single player menu screen only four images for campaigns, is there a way to have like 6 or 8? Reason I ask is down the track I plan to make my own like I think many people will however I was hoping to be able to have more than four (replacing the tutorials with a campaign) and so I was just wondering if this is on the books or the to-do list at all?

At the minute you're limited until the mission screen gets an upgrade, as Doca said. However in the meantime, you could have a structure like this:

Code: Select all
ModContent
   ModCampaignPart1
   ModCampaignPart2

Where the campaign is split into two separate mods, which would allow up to 8 slots. Each campaign mini mod could just contain an mshell.set and the appropriate bink files and be a child of the content mod, where all the odfs, models and maps would go.

Majestic wrote:Also I know A2 does support full screen cinematic animations like A1 did but is a change so it can on the books at all?

I've been poking around this area for a while, not made any progress yet but we'll see. It does look a bit odd just watching ships instead of the bridge scene.
posted on October 21st, 2011, 11:51 pm
DOCa Cola wrote:MMM is laid out as replacement for the mission definitions/scripts DLLs, which won't be loaded until the map is being loaded, so it can not support customization of the SP screen.
However, such a feature for Fleet Operations is planned (already begun work on it).

That's great, thanks for the heads up!  :thumbsup:

Megadroid wrote:At the minute you're limited until the mission screen gets an upgrade, as Doca said. However in the meantime, you could have a structure like this:

Code: Select all
ModContent
   ModCampaignPart1
   ModCampaignPart2

Where the campaign is split into two separate mods, which would allow up to 8 slots. Each campaign mini mod could just contain an mshell.set and the appropriate bink files and be a child of the content mod, where all the odfs, models and maps would go.

That's a doable work around for the short0term. Thanks. :D

Megadroid wrote:I've been poking around this area for a while, not made any progress yet but we'll see. It does look a bit odd just watching ships instead of the bridge scene.

I agree, but I must admit it's better than nothing.  :thumbsup:
posted on October 22nd, 2011, 12:29 pm
Awesome work, DLing right now.
posted on October 25th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Just tried this and it worked great!

Awesome job!  :thumbsup:
1, 2, 3