Impact!

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9
posted on February 5th, 2010, 12:37 am
our current plans are bright purple, but we also thought about some flower patterns..

hehe nope, we will use the nemesis / ds9 footage for them, too
posted on February 5th, 2010, 12:38 am
Aww but I want to see some awesome flower bombs!  :woot:
posted on February 5th, 2010, 12:39 am
Very nice, looking foward to the beam ones...

Have you done anything to the Excelsior-II? The colors don't look as 'dull' as before...
posted on February 5th, 2010, 12:42 am
Last edited by Anonymous on February 5th, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looks pretty nice  :thumbsup: - again movies would be preferable though :P

BTW: Just how funny is it to see the 2 most OP units of the 2 most OP races duke it out  :lol:
I bet the next pics will be a lonely Rhienn and a bomber throwing sticks at each other :D
posted on February 5th, 2010, 12:49 am
aye as soon as i have more effects done you will get a movie! I promise :D

//edit: nope no changes to the excel, perhaps its just the lightning
posted on February 5th, 2010, 2:09 am
Well TBH, Id enjoy the patch more :P :D

Yes, there really is NO satisfying me :D
posted on February 5th, 2010, 2:09 am
That's what... your mom said :P

Sorry, just hyped up on finding a Wippien replacement :D
posted on February 5th, 2010, 3:21 am
is that green blob in the klingon screenshot a klingon torpedo?

Just personal preference, but I think the klingon torpedoes should remain red, but I love the green disruptor blasts. Much nicer than the yellow.

Looking good. :)

Oh, and is there plans to implement hull damage similar to say, Legacy or Bridge Commander? That'd be awesome, and considering it was done in Legacy, it should be doable in A2, as it's the same engine.
posted on February 5th, 2010, 4:10 am
Maybe will get the red aleart again, maybe?
posted on February 5th, 2010, 9:56 am
Its an urban legend that legacy and armada use the same engine. they share some minor parts, but the complete graphics interface (and much more) is new
posted on February 5th, 2010, 11:31 am
Last edited by Anonymous on February 5th, 2010, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's what... your mom said Tongue

You have a sickly strange interest in my mother, have I ever told you that, teacup ( ^-^) ?

But anyways, hold it a bit on the wippien replacement, at least untill more people have tested it :)
posted on February 5th, 2010, 3:18 pm
Optec wrote:Its an urban legend that legacy and armada use the same engine. they share some minor parts, but the complete graphics interface (and much more) is new

It's still the same core game engine, although I don't doubt it was upgraded quite a bit. It's like saying Oblivion and Morrowind don't run on the same engine, they do, it's just the Gamebryo (or whatever it's name is) engine was upgraded between games to support new graphics and etc. Still at it's core the same source code though. Doesn't mean you can make Morrowind do everything oblivion can do, at least not without source code.

Just a technicality on how you choose to classify "engine" really. But regardless, you didn't really answer my questions.
posted on February 5th, 2010, 3:46 pm
Optec wrote:our current plans are bright purple, but we also thought about some flower patterns..

hehe nope, we will use the nemesis / ds9 footage for them, too

NOOOO  :crybaby:

Klings and Rommis are sharing somehow the same weapontechnology
Rommi:
Disruptor: green (like the Klingons)
Disruptorbeam green
Torpedo green

Kling:
Disruptor :green
Disruptorbeam: a yellow green (later DS9) or red (older ships)
torpedo: red

Fed:
the color of the Fedweapons are all good as they are. Just somehow new effects are needed.

Dom:
Beams: Blue to purple
torps: white maybee with a light touch of blue

Borg:
green

But I don't get I why so much weapons in Star Trek are green.
The Feds needed their own colors but why gree for the bad guys.
Also funny, why the Doms are the only ones who use weapons with the higest energy density in visible light.  :unsure:
posted on February 5th, 2010, 3:49 pm
Over at A2 Files we once traced Armada's engine back to a car-to-car combat game called Interstate '76. They didn't use the same engine, but the A2 engine was derived from it over the course of a game or two. Most of the unit coding looked different, but they still used odfs and you could see how the commands evolved through the games to what we know today. Anyway, Legacy does use a heavily modified version of the A2 engine, but it is different enough that just because you can do something in Legacy doesn't mean you can do it in A2. Being able to duplicate any differences would require the source code. The engine line looks something like this:
Interstate '76 --> Battlezone --> Armada --> Armada 2 --(lots of changes)--> Legacy
It's entirely possible that there is a generation or two between A2 and Legacy that we don't know about.
posted on February 5th, 2010, 3:51 pm
Quatre wrote:NOOOO  :crybaby:

Klings and Rommis are sharing somehow the same weapontechnology
Rommi:
Disruptor: green (like the Klingons)
Disruptorbeam green
Torpedo green

Kling:
Disruptor :green
Disruptorbeam: a yellow green (later DS9) or red (older ships)
torpedo: red

But I don't get I why so much weapons in Star Trek are green.
The Feds needed their own colors but why gree for the bad guys.
Also funny, why the Doms are the only ones who use weapons with the higest energy density in visible light.  :unsure:

It's only similar colors, not much of a deal since you can still tell the colors apart. Why not use green for the more agressive? Is green supposed to be 'good' in some way? Again, it's only colors.

As for Klingon/Romulan weapons being similar, they are similar. They both developed their own version of the exact same weapon. It can only be so different.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9