Fleet Operations 3.1.5

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 1:21 pm
its not a counter its a bug. abusing replaceweapons to fight off stuff like holding beams is nothing short of cheating.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 1:38 pm
Myles wrote:its not a counter its a bug. abusing replaceweapons to fight off stuff like holding beams is nothing short of cheating.

Up until this topic, i was not aware of this "bug". I do believe there should be some way to break free of a station holding beam if the duration of that beam is not limited by special energy.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 1:52 pm
in the past you could use replaceweapons even worse. dominion miners could go between mining and construciton mode repeatedly. now they added cooldowns for replaceweapons its better.

i dont think you should be able to escape station holding beam. its a "holding" beam, it wouldnt be worth 50 quid if you could escape from its hold. stations should be powerful enough to use holding beams this way. its only 1 beam and requires transmission matrix and slots.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 2:37 pm
If you want to escape the holding beam in a reasonable fashion, just bring a ship with a weapons disabler. It's fair game that way.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Tyler wrote:If you want to escape the holding beam in a reasonable fashion, just bring a ship with a weapons disabler. It's fair game that way.

If i recall correctly, the only "weapon disabler" the federation has is a critical shot defiant and then it is only a (20%?) chance you will disable the weapons.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 4:29 pm
According to the odf, it's a 91-92% chance on a Borg Starbase ("bor_assi_matrixY.odf" 0.917). The Romulan version has the same chance.

The other races weapon disablers are just a matter of rank or getting the correct randomly chosen system.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 11:47 pm
I still maintain it would be cool to have one ship that has a special along the lines of "Change shield harmonics/frequencies" which is just a replace weapon you can use which costs special weapon energy and can only be used every so often.

It could be used to shake off negative effects like the borg cycle thing and also break things like transporter locks and holding beams.
posted on January 4th, 2011, 12:43 am
Unleash Mayhem wrote:I still maintain it would be cool to have one ship that has a special along the lines of "Change shield harmonics/frequencies" which is just a replace weapon you can use which costs special weapon energy and can only be used every so often.

Or perhaps such a special as support on e.g. a Remore, Canaveral, Nova or Norway

Or a feedback surge damaging the structure with the beam, possible temporary weapon disable.
posted on February 2nd, 2011, 7:56 pm
did the crash on exit bug ever get fixed or is it gonna be fixed in the next patch? also i can't even save a game anymore.
posted on February 2nd, 2011, 8:03 pm
both of these bugs are in the known bugs thread. if they arent marked as fixed then the devs havnt said on the forums yet.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5