Fleet Operations 3.1.5

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on December 27th, 2010, 3:16 am
Yes, ok, thanks.

I'll download and install the newer 3.1.4 first, then download 3.1.5.
posted on December 30th, 2010, 9:25 am
I've noticed that when Borg Assembly Matrix fires a torpedo, it is surrounded by a strange greenish glow. Is that a bug or a feature?
posted on December 30th, 2010, 12:27 pm
Alkar wrote:I've noticed that when Borg Assembly Matrix fires a torpedo, it is surrounded by a strange greenish glow. Is that a bug or a feature?

thats a known bug for all graviton torpedoes for computers with old graphics cards. happens to me and boggz too. its listed in the known bugs thread:
Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Operations - 3.1.5 known bugs (table on page 1)

everyone should check that out when they find bugs.
posted on December 30th, 2010, 12:56 pm
aye, will be fixed in the next patch, which we are working on at the moment (in other words: soon(tm) )
posted on December 30th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Ok, then i'll wait for 3.1.6 then install 3.1.5 right before cause of the major saved games bug.
posted on January 1st, 2011, 2:25 am
Awesome :thumbsup: I can't wait to find my spare monitor to play this.
posted on January 2nd, 2011, 5:13 pm
In 3.1.4 i received crashes when i want to use/build/develop mixed technologies as Borg.
And there was a bug (but the helping one) - borg station holding beam does not consume any energy, so it can steal any ship. Correct me if im wrong.

But this is best game i ever played  :borg:
posted on January 2nd, 2011, 5:19 pm
Last edited by Tyler on January 2nd, 2011, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How could the Borg Mixed-Tech have crashed? It doesn't even build anything other than the ally repair...

The station holding beam never took energy and still doesn't, that's not a bug I don't think; it's justified by the massive amount of energy a station could generate. It has the potential to take any ship, but in reality can't; the assimilation rate is so slow that any fleet large enough to attack the main base would likely destroy the station first. Unless it's the Starbase using it, in which case it'll kill the target itself.
posted on January 2nd, 2011, 9:47 pm
Welcome to the forums scarto.

tyler already explained station holding beam, stations have loads of energy to spare, so they can sustain the beam indefinitely.

hoep you enjoy your time here :thumbsup:
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 1:39 am
Myles wrote:
tyler already explained station holding beam, stations have loads of energy to spare, so they can sustain the beam indefinitely.

Still hoping that annoyance will get fixed in a future version.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 1:41 am
Can't fix what ain't broken.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 1:50 am
Good thing we agree that a permanent tractor beam is broken. You could almost call it OP while it would be easily fixed by giving it usage of special energy.

Even in the series ships have options to escape from a tractor beam (destroy tractor emitter e.g.?) but in FO there is no such thing. It needs to be changed sooner rather than later.

Edit: stupid typo
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 2:03 am
I didn't say it was, I'm one of the supporters. I said you can't fix something that isn't broken. It's not OP because it's a pitiful assimilation weapon, despite the lack of a cost.
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 2:42 am
Speaking of which, is there any progress on the exploit that allows escape from holding/assim beams, which is particularly unfair on the station beam? (Activating a replaceweapon such as type-3 torpedoes on a galaxy to break the beam)
posted on January 3rd, 2011, 1:11 pm
Unleash Mayhem wrote:Speaking of which, is there any progress on the exploit that allows escape from holding/assim beams, which is particularly unfair on the station beam? (Activating a replaceweapon such as type-3 torpedoes on a galaxy to break the beam)

That could actually be an interesting feature. Otherwise the station beam would not have a real counter.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5