Fleet Operations 3.0 - Federation Redo

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 4:05 pm
Yep, cause your personal office would be terribly overcrowd and because even the most adcanced coffee machines can not supply two Fleet Admirals you will have to chose one :)
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 5:04 pm
well is thare a way that a cheet code or option that cood be made leting you chose more than one?
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 5:27 pm
using any cheats would spoil the flow of the game :o
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 5:43 pm
well is thare a way that a cheet code or option that cood be made leting you chose more than one?

yes, but you would need to have the map editor to do it, basicly you would just stick the con ship of both avatra's, well atleast i am assuming this from what i have gatherd...
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 6:21 pm
Cpt Ryan
well for me playing with both adver whood not spole it.

i think it whood make the game more custimizabule and from what i have herd peple like to have the option to chage things evin if thay dont use tham.
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 8:13 pm
Yep, cause your personal office would be terribly overcrowd and because even the most adcanced coffee machines can not supply two Fleet Admirals you will have to chose one :)

The Admirals have drank the galaxies supply of coffee :P

But anyway, I don't think have 2 avatars would work. It'd be like having all the advantages.
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 9:40 pm

Legacy, heance the reason its a cheat. ;)

@Legacy: hence the reason its cheating.
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 10:23 pm
Its not planed to add a option to select more then one avatar. Nevertheless you can access the units of all avatars through the buildin editor, which will allow you cheating if you wan to :o

;)
posted on August 22nd, 2005, 10:57 pm
But anyway, I don't think have 2 avatars would work. It'd be like having all the advantages.

indeed :tank: the 2 fed avatars against the romulan's, makes for a nice game dude ;) B)
posted on August 23rd, 2005, 12:38 am
Last edited by Casper on August 24th, 2005, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
did i miss something? what about avatars? and admirals?

---- :ph34r: edit

oh, wow. How did i miss this!
posted on August 23rd, 2005, 8:22 pm
Those new designs are very nice. I can't wait to play Fleetops 3.0! Keep up the good work guys!
posted on August 24th, 2005, 4:08 pm
got any screens of the akira or starbase yet :lol: :shifty:
posted on August 28th, 2005, 7:18 pm
I like the new effects on the nacelles and the asteriods look really good. The ships and stations are good aswell but I am suprised to here you say it has only a very little increase in system requirements as those models look both high poly and everything looks high resolution. If people did play games with large amounts of ships a side they would experience lag espeically in multiplayer.
posted on August 28th, 2005, 7:25 pm
Last edited by Optec on August 28th, 2005, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hehe, yep, that would be valid for normal armada2.
Just compare armada 2 to... halflife 2 for example. even while hl2 uses 10 or 100 times more polygones and higher texture resoltions it does still run fine while armada2 starts to slow down. it's only a matter of the engine and optimizations. We were able to increase booth for v3.

@admiral max
I just completed the eraudi yard. i will see if i find the time to make a screenshot or two, but currently i'm a bit busy :)
posted on August 28th, 2005, 11:06 pm
How were you able to increase the two subjects mentioned above, or is that what you would like to call *CLASSIFIED*?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15