Fleet Operations 3.0 - Federation Redo

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15
posted on August 17th, 2005, 5:30 am
That is certainly good news. Every day that is put into this will bring us all the very successful product known as FO v3. I commend the work of the FO team as they work hard towards finishing v3. Way to go, team! ;)
T-Man
posted on August 17th, 2005, 8:30 am
I'm not lying when i say that these models are better than either A1 or A2's. The models are beautiful, its almost as good as renders in the series. I think i'm in love with this mod! :wub:

Phallanx and Avalon both look cool. That Megnan phaser looks nasty, but usefull. I'm sure it will make a fine addition to the Borg fleet...:borg:

...oh i'm sorry did i say that out loud? I meant Federation of course! :lol:
posted on August 17th, 2005, 9:07 am
actually the section under the nebula between the nacelles is just science and engineering, the thing on top is just the torpedo bays/storage and the extra targeting computers. but it can be replaced with extra science packages, but in war time it's got the torpedeos
posted on August 17th, 2005, 9:14 am
ok then, i wasn't entirely sure about it anyways ;)
posted on August 17th, 2005, 10:09 am
Last edited by Optec on August 17th, 2005, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Magnan Phaser is not called after a Scientist but after the Planet Magnan Erethos IIV. The Sun of the Magnan Erethos System had a very unique fate. It way was crossed by a black hole, consuming nearly the complete mass of the sun and triggering a giant chain reaction within the Magnan Erethos system. A small Starfleet observation outpost on Magnan Erethos IIV and a few brave scientist who declined their evacuation was able to get complete and detialed sensor scans of this galactic disaster. It was one of the major scientific events in the 2260s.
Among many unique sensor readings there was one kind of particle emitted by the dying sun which never got completely analyzed. The so called "Magnan Particle" remaind a mystery.
Until 2371 where suddenly someone found a way to create Magnan Particles without killing a sun each time. While the technological detials of the Magnan Phaser remained secret, its firepower soon become well known. Many people - including Federation Council members - still wonder why the magnan particles were used as a weapon in the first place, why there is no record of the research with them and why they get only installed on Phalanx Class vessels. But well, what would the universe be without little secrets :P

The Magnan Phaser Array is still called an array even if it is just a forward firing cannon. The name Array defines the way energy is charged (in this case in a special coil similar to normal phaser arrays).
posted on August 17th, 2005, 4:17 pm
Last edited by Casper on August 17th, 2005, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just wondering about the armerments of the Phalanx Class ships. what kind of phasers, torpedeos, and special weapons there are on one. and how heavy is the shielding and armor plating?
posted on August 17th, 2005, 6:03 pm
cool, good work :thumbsup: !!!!

the img is good!!!!
ice astorids is cool

is tis a new ship see img

Attachments

08_16_05_feredo2.jpg
08_16_05_feredo2.jpg
posted on August 17th, 2005, 6:14 pm
Last edited by DOCa Cola on August 17th, 2005, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
actually, thats the avalon class, we have had a news entry before a (long) while back ;)
posted on August 17th, 2005, 6:30 pm
Last edited by warp on August 17th, 2005, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tis cool ship !!!!
posted on August 17th, 2005, 6:49 pm

is tis ship in warp?
posted on August 17th, 2005, 6:52 pm
nope, what you may have noticed is a new effect we are introducing with beta 3. light sources now have constant glow around them.
posted on August 17th, 2005, 6:57 pm
and coming warp if A2?
posted on August 17th, 2005, 7:14 pm
well bloody done ive never soon goods models like these set on a good background YOU REALY COULD MAKE MONEY WITH THIS lol :D
posted on August 17th, 2005, 8:47 pm
FleetOps is not the best Star Trek Armada 2 mod. Nope. It is a new game, far better then armada ever was. Too bad about Star Trek licence, because you could realy sell this game, and make a lot of money, belive me. People would buy it, because there are not many games out there, that are better then fleetops. I want to thank all of you for being true to your word and stil working on the mod. I belive you could do even more if you could get Armada 2 source code. Keep up the good work.
posted on August 17th, 2005, 9:06 pm
Yep, the armada2 sourcecode would make many things much easier and would allow us new options, but after all i have to say that many features and units would never have been made up if we wouldn't have to deal with the likes and dislikes of the armada2 engine. So its okay the way it is :)

Yep, also the v3 development takes much more time then we thought (we never thought about support vessels, supply or avatars during the beta2 development) we are still working on Fleet Operations every day. i just finished the new Eraudi Yard minutes ago and will start texturing tomorrow :) Just be patient. Version 3.0 will come out as soon as we are pleased with it! No minute earlier but no minute later, too B)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15