Flagship of the Federation!

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3
posted on March 31st, 2014, 9:00 pm
Come aboard the newest, grandest, and sturdiest Federation starship in the fleet!

Read full article...
posted on April 1st, 2014, 5:15 am
Glory to the glorious Miranda of glory! All your base shall belong to it! Gloriously!
posted on April 1st, 2014, 6:19 am
:p
posted on April 1st, 2014, 7:01 am
The Defiant of Kirks time gets some screentime!
posted on April 1st, 2014, 8:06 am
:lol:

on a positive note, the wip miranada looks nice. it'll be the prettiest derelict on the map.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 10:15 am
that was errrr unexpected thought the defiant would have ben the most powerfullest as wasnt it supposed to be the federations 1st warship (or least 1st ship designed for combat)
posted on April 1st, 2014, 10:30 am
Likewise, the Sovereign and Galaxy are both creations of a time of peace, and that just doesn't fit with the Federation's goals of galactic domination through root beer.

Well that's wrong... the first Sovereign aka the USS Sovereign was built in 2372 exactly 2 years after the start of the dominion war and so during the war and obviously not in a time of peace. Dominion war began in 2370 and ended in 2375.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 10:51 am
I like the Miranda, but it is a vessel of the past. Why should I call it a Flagship?

It is a nice gimmick though to unlock a special weapon capability. But well, will the capability be lost if the ship gets destroyed?
If so, it seems to me more like a handicap. To keep the ability you have to dispatch several ships to defend it.

By the way saucer separation was one of the weapons in Armada2 I hardly ever used.
It gives you an advantage when fighting ships on a 1 to 1 basis but is in my opinion not very practical in a Fleet battle.

But as I said a nice gimmick.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 11:58 am
you gone crazy.... :o

miranda class cruiser is flagship , next make fed scout a flagship

flagships for comparison:

borg - Queen Diamond or Cube

dominion - Dreadnought

romulans - Tavara

Klingons - Negvar

and finaly insane idea feds - miranda (before this post Sovereign )

Does it feel inadequate in some way to you all ???????!
posted on April 1st, 2014, 12:54 pm
Blast you Khan! You've done it again!
posted on April 1st, 2014, 1:33 pm
I wish this were in part true - I've always loved the Miranda class. I'd love to see it included somehow! Such a pity. Curse you, April bullshit day!

n.b. Apologies if your name is actually April Bullshit-Day.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 1:36 pm
Well shadow, it isn't always size that matters.
The Miranda was always way ahead of it's time, and it will be again!

I welcome the glorious Miranda.
posted on April 1st, 2014, 2:45 pm
eraldorh wrote:
Likewise, the Sovereign and Galaxy are both creations of a time of peace, and that just doesn't fit with the Federation's goals of galactic domination through root beer.

Well that's wrong... the first Sovereign aka the USS Sovereign was built in 2372 exactly 2 years after the start of the dominion war and so during the war and obviously not in a time of peace. Dominion war began in 2370 and ended in 2375.

Actually thats inaccurate... The Enterprise-E was launched in 2372.. the Borg invaded in 2373 and the Dominion War began roughly 6 months later; The war lasted almost 2 years..not five

Buuuut...moving right along.. ME WANTA MEGA-DEZTRUCTO-PHAZORRZZZ!!!!!

April Fools!!!!
posted on April 1st, 2014, 3:38 pm
I chuckled!
posted on April 1st, 2014, 3:42 pm
Company Man wrote:n.b. Apologies if your name is actually April Bullshit-Day.

Well, it's not my name but it's the day I was born.
1, 2, 3