Armada II: Evolution - comes to FleetOps!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
posted on February 17th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on September 22nd, 2010, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're following stock Armada II news, you maybe heard about my mod: Star Trek Armada II: Evolution.
For those who meet first time with the mod, it will give you the ability to play in every era of Star Trek saga, from the launch of Enterprise NX-01 the future where a diabolical enemy threatens.
Evolution offers the full flexibility of eras: You can choose, in which era to start, and you can choose the final era as well. For example you can start your game from the Motion Picture era, and can end up in the Lost Era.

Every comment or suggestion is welcomed :D
posted on February 17th, 2010, 8:00 pm
So,this is for stock A2, or FO?...

It looks very interesting though...
posted on February 17th, 2010, 8:01 pm
Read the title and check the folder it's in, I'd assume it's for FO.
posted on February 17th, 2010, 8:34 pm
It was for stock but is now for FO, stock didn't have the feature that k_merse wanted but FO certainly does.  :thumbsup:
posted on February 17th, 2010, 8:46 pm
although sounds good wont the ability to start from any era kindda make it unbalanced or will each era be balanced against each other
posted on February 17th, 2010, 8:49 pm
Maybe.  I'm just glad that somebody is doing it.  There have been tons of people who have asked for this sort of thing to be part of FO, where it doesn't fit.  This mod seems tailor made to those people, and maybe they can find some kind of middle ground between the effect and the balance.  I only skimmed the website, so maybe he's found a way to make it work. ^-^
posted on February 17th, 2010, 9:18 pm
Looks really good, so this mod is for FO is it ready to download, if so from where because I went to the download section of the site he mentioned and it seams that you can only donwload certain ships etc
posted on February 17th, 2010, 10:49 pm
Blade wrote:although sounds good wont the ability to start from any era kindda make it unbalanced or will each era be balanced against each other

The eras will be balanced of course, but you have to face with realities. A Sovereign's phaser could pulverize with a single shot anything from the Original Series, because weapons' power drastically increased during the year. So you won't be able to beat a TNG player while you're only on TMP level, simply because your fleet won't be strong enough.

Magus222 wrote:Looks really good, so this mod is for FO is it ready to download, if so from where because I went to the download section of the site he mentioned and it seams that you can only donwload certain ships etc

Lol, the mod is not completed yet, it's far from that. In the download section of the site you only can find my other modding works for Armada II.
posted on February 17th, 2010, 11:25 pm
Glad to see another mod out there - good luck with your work K_merse  :thumbsup:
posted on February 17th, 2010, 11:48 pm
wouldnt it be better if you start fron the ent era and then automatically progress through the eras (possible via push build and invisable sods)
posted on February 18th, 2010, 12:21 am
Last edited by navyguy on February 18th, 2010, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looks like a great mod, Ambassador Class no? my mistake, ill look again. Saw it thanks for the heads up.
posted on February 18th, 2010, 12:29 am
It's got an ambassador class! :woot:
posted on February 18th, 2010, 1:49 am
this sounds very interesting.  Will you be able to tech-up and move to the next era, or wil the ships just become available?
posted on February 18th, 2010, 2:06 am
I remember seeing this ages ago and then thinking it died off.... I'm so glad to hear that not only is it still alive but it's now coming to FO.  :thumbsup:
posted on February 18th, 2010, 9:49 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:this sounds very interesting.  Will you be able to tech-up and move to the next era, or wil the ships just become available?

There will be a research for advancing in time. This will guarantee that you will spend some time in every era, so you can't jump from TMP to TNG within a few seconds  :lol:
Every of these "time levels" will open the possibility to build the ships from the specific era alongside with the possibility of refitting your obsoleted ships. Of course only for those which were historically used in later time, so if you care about your fleet, you definitely will have some veteran Excelsiors and Mirandas around :)
The mod will be set up not for the whole timframe but selecting a part of the history and play in it. Reaching top tech ships form the ENT era will need about 80-90 minutes of research, or even more. That's because I want to make every eras enjoyable and useful, so won't be able just keep up with Constitutions waiting for Nebulas and Galaxies. Yoh have to build some Ambassador, Freedoms or Renaissances as well.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10