Maps by Phoenix

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
posted on October 25th, 2010, 2:54 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Well, MMM should be quite doable for Fleet Ops - not all portions are functional (like cutscenes), but I do recall even more than 8 months back that Redmanmark had a working mini-campaign which I tried out :)

Dont forget Klingon Academy 2, it had a full campaign as well and was a TC mod.

Pheonix, love your maps.

I dont suppose you could do some massive sized maps, 40kish and what not ?

Something like the Alpha Quadrant map from filefront prehaps, in so far as it's general spread out nature and extreme size.
posted on October 25th, 2010, 2:07 pm
KA2 just overwrote the A2 campaign - MMM allows you to make completely custom campaigns :).

Generally large maps above 20-30k tend to not be in such a great demand since they are so hard to play with online (basically ending up being tech races and turtling).
posted on October 25th, 2010, 5:03 pm
Tok`ra wrote:Pheonix, love your maps.

I dont suppose you could do some massive sized maps, 40kish and what not ?

Something like the Alpha Quadrant map from filefront prehaps, in so far as it's general spread out nature and extreme size.

Thanks :). Tis always nice to hear positive comments. I am currently out of map making action at the moment as my pc about 500 miles away from where I am. However, I hope to resolve this minor inconvenience before Christmas. So HOPEFULLY, I should have a few new maps up for then :). As Dominus said, anything above 30K is rare due to online balance. However, there is also the issue of performance, as larger maps tend to up the system requirements for playing them up by loads.

However, I'll have a bash at a 30-40K and see how feasible it will be :). Stay tuned.
posted on October 25th, 2010, 6:42 pm
I've not tried map making in fleet ops, but in my experince if you use a bare minimum background .sod, and keep effects (nebulas, mostly) to minimal use (IE: small ones for the most part) and limit other objects, preformance generaly works good, besides most folks that play huge maps play them for the empty space :p .

Besides, it'd give you a larger canvas to paint a solar system on :p .
posted on October 25th, 2010, 8:20 pm
On modern computers going up to 50k squared isn't a problem, but a fair number of players are using very old computers, which tends to set a limit as well :)
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9