Suggestions

guide.fleetops.net
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on October 10th, 2010, 8:07 pm
Not certain if this is the place to suggest it, but I have an addition for the Map Editor guide.

When you place the starting position for a player, the actual center of their starbase spawns 1.25 grid squares above the point you're placing.  I suggest placing a blocking trigger and then removing it so you can see the red grid with smaller squares, on which it's exactly 5 squares difference.
posted on October 10th, 2010, 10:47 pm
Sounds good - I'll add that in there  :thumbsup:

EDIT: on second thought, I think I actually didn't understand what the blocking trigger and temporary footprint is supposed to accomplish. Could you explain to me again what you mean?  :blush:
posted on October 10th, 2010, 11:05 pm
Sorry, I'll clarify:

When you press Alt-G, the game/editor lays a grid over the map, with blue squares.  When you place a blocking trigger or nebula, it marks that space as non-buildable.  Non-buildable space is shown by a red grid with smaller squares, 16 red squares to each blue square, 4 red squares on the side of a blue square.

The actual starbase center is 5 red squares above the starting location point, or 1 1/4 blue squares.  You have to place a blocking trigger or nebula to get the editor to show the red squares.

...you know what, screw it.  I'll capture a picture of it and replace this post with it when it's done.
posted on December 6th, 2010, 10:40 pm
as a thought, you may want to list the avalon as short /long since the fighters attack the same target now and are short ranged. they also do almost as much damage as the avalon itself so important to know for countering.
posted on December 6th, 2010, 11:02 pm
Aye, added in :)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5