Suggestions

guide.fleetops.net
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on April 26th, 2010, 8:12 pm
Out of curiosity, why does the guide say that only the Hyperspace Artillery and BortaS can hurt friendlies? I'm sure the Serkas does too.
posted on April 26th, 2010, 8:27 pm
You are correct, don't know why I didn't put that in there, thanks  :thumbsup:
posted on April 26th, 2010, 8:54 pm
speaking of friendly damage, does the IS bomb do it, i think it doesnt, but it should. how does the bomb tell friend from foe?

also those flak torps from the sang and explosion torps from the akira, they should do friendly damage to ships that are very very close.

maybe the monsoon's proximity torp could accidentaly hit friendlies, as any proximity would set it off.
posted on April 26th, 2010, 9:10 pm
All AoE weapons could be considered to effect friendlies and foes (Field of Fire... Plasma Coil... Nanites... Radiation Field etc) - but I think that would quite discourage using special weapons of most sorts - especially if you consider the proximity torpedo in that list too ;) :P If you seriously want to discuss it though, I suggest opening up a new thread in Feature Requests  ^-^
posted on April 27th, 2010, 7:12 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:In addition, the numbers of what each faction does is described here and also in each ship in the Borg Database. I will eventually move more numbers to the database, but they are going to change more, and I would like to leave it as is until 3.1.2 :)

Also, you can find out what the passives do in the appropriate Unit Analyses sections  ^-^

what the flipping hell

i went up and down side to side and zig zags on that site and never found that...

i seriously think that you put these up After someone request them , and then confuse them saying it was always on there >_>;;; :crybaby:
posted on April 28th, 2010, 12:06 am
Arash8472 wrote:
what the flipping hell

i went up and down side to side and zig zags on that site and never found that...

i seriously think that you put these up After someone request them , and then confuse them saying it was always on there >_>;;; :crybaby:

Hehe, nope, those have been there for quite some time :) I'll definitely move the exact percentages to the database when 3.1.2 comes out, as already that's present for many previous passives (like suppressive shielding etc).
posted on May 10th, 2010, 5:43 pm
In the Vessel Management section, it might be a good idea to mention that Green, Yellow and Red alert affect the firing rates of your ships (If that is still the case, and is that all that is affected? I forget).

Also, an easier way of finding out the firing arcs of weapons would be appreciated. As I said in my post in Ideas and Feature requests, it is difficult to know if a ship has a limited firing arc without prior experince with that ship, and there is not as much as I thought in the guide on that topic.
posted on May 10th, 2010, 5:48 pm
Hm, I wasn't aware that the Green, Yellow, and Red Alert did affect firing rates - could you explain further?

Where else would you prefer the firing arc limitations to be described? Currently there is a general rule of thumb explanation in the Damage System for pulse weaponry, and in the Unit Analyses the weapons that are limited (not pulses) are described as well. How would you like to see it indicated, and where? :)
posted on May 10th, 2010, 6:03 pm
Yeah forget what I said about weapon alerts, that was crazy! I think I got confused with crew rates.

As for firing arcs, maybe if more infomation ever goes into the database like weapon stats etc it could go there. I mean it's not very important right now, I was just thinking in the medium-long term making it obvious somewhere.
posted on May 10th, 2010, 6:05 pm
Aye, that can be arranged :)
posted on May 14th, 2010, 3:10 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on May 14th, 2010, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It would be helpful to have a list of damage reductions including passives. This basically is a simple chart of exactly what ships get reduced damage from, and what it gives increased damage towards (percentages at least). Exact values are not needed, but at least a simple concept the layout as regards to what does what damage. This can help modders as well as very detailed people to get an idea of the approximate damage one ship would receive from another. Thereby even finding possible counters to certain ships that we may have never noticed before. :)

Dom Edit: post moved
posted on May 14th, 2010, 3:22 pm
That was what I attempted to do in the Unit Analyses, but I'm almost positive I'm going to remove those charts as soon as I get the strategy up-to-date. Nobody seemed to really use them, and they are too difficult to maintain and keep accurate.

Not to mention they don't actually describe counters - just what units receive more or less damage. Percentages don't mesh well when you have pulse damage reductions and torpedo miss rates: it just ends up that everything becomes a guesstimate and doesn't reflect in game reality - and after all, the guide is supposed to show what works the best in game - not what is supposed to work  ^-^
posted on May 14th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:That was what I attempted to do in the Unit Analyses, but I'm almost positive I'm going to remove those charts as soon as I get the strategy up-to-date. Nobody seemed to really use them, and they are too difficult to maintain and keep accurate.

Not to mention they don't actually describe counters - just what units receive more or less damage. Percentages don't mesh well when you have pulse damage reductions and torpedo miss rates: it just ends up that everything becomes a guesstimate and doesn't reflect in game reality - and after all, the guide is supposed to show what works the best in game - not what is supposed to work  ^-^

To which charts are you referring?
posted on May 14th, 2010, 6:56 pm
:lol: My point exactly (the charts in the Unit Analyses sections).
posted on May 19th, 2010, 11:32 am
Ok I know this would be a long way away, but I was thinking of a percentage damage calculator. There are drop down menus for attacking and defending ship, and you can see how much of the base damage of each weapon the attacking ship will to the defender.

So my idea is, you choose the weapon types, number of weapons etc for the attacker, and for both ships, passives and a few special weapons that will make a difference (e.g. hyper impulse for the defending ship).

Once you have chosen all of this you click calculate, and it will say how much of their base damage the torpedo weapons (for example) do and how much the beam weapons do (again for example). Also, underneath it should say which ships have these combinations of weapons and passives for each race.

All of that is open to change, it would just be cool to have something to do quickly rather than trawling back and forward through the database looking for the numbers.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5