Guide Update Page

guide.fleetops.net
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
posted on February 3rd, 2010, 3:21 am
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on June 13th, 2010, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since the “original” highly redundant Guide page is now (rightfully) closed, I think it would be best if a centralized update page is created. Consequently, I’ll do my best to keep everybody (including myself) appraised of what needs to be done, and what is slated to be completed for the online guide. If you have any suggestions, recommendations, criticisms – or hey, even praise, opening up a separate thread in this subforum is highly encouraged :) .

“The List”
Note that due to the recent Fleet Ops site reorganization, all Frequently Asked Questions are now centralized on the Fleet Ops FAQ page on the guide, available here.

-Structure Overviews

-Mixed-Tech Overviews

-Tech Trees

-Updating the avatar specific strategies (uuuurgh  :sweatdrop: )

-Wiki section where anybody can write up strategies and where I will stay out :D (it will take a similar format to the strategy subtab in the guide – unless people have objections)

-Additional corner pictures, random error finding – grunt work (if you have pictures you'd like in the guide, by all means, feel free to post them, send me a note - whatever  :thumbsup: )

-Redo Mixed Tech Unit analysis  :sweatdrop:

-More detailed info on the Databases, including avatar specific info
posted on February 10th, 2010, 3:19 am
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on February 14th, 2010, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unit Analysis for Dominion is now up - courtesy of Mal! *applause*  :thumbsup:

Table of Contents for pages have been redone, lots of corrections to the other Unit Analyses are finished.

More corner images have been added, and if you want to suggest some - by all means!

Remember to keep suggesting Borg Module combinations here

Some more (but very limited) Borg Command Cube information has been added. When the vessel is ready and out of planning stages, you'll get an official news post from Optec :)

"Popups" describing which statistics are the offense/defense/crew/system etc in the Database have been added. Icon for construction time has also been added. More icons to follow shortly.
posted on February 14th, 2010, 2:24 am
Unit Analysis have once again been "updated" - hopefully this provides a bit clearer of an idea of which units can be used as counters  :sweatdrop:
posted on February 27th, 2010, 11:00 pm
What guide update page?  I've never seen it...or at least I don't think I have.  Its not the Hitchhiker's Guide is it?  I just checked in a panic and that was still up *PHEW*
posted on February 27th, 2010, 11:13 pm
Borg101 wrote:What guide update page?  I've never seen it...or at least I don't think I have.  Its not the Hitchhiker's Guide is it?  I just checked in a panic and that was still up *PHEW*

But the Hitchhiker's guide tells you not to panic. :thumbsup:
posted on February 27th, 2010, 11:13 pm
:lol: Don't worry, this is just the page where we'll post major changes on the forums - normal updates to the guide still can be seen on the homepage of the guide :)

Mal wrote:But the Hitchhiker's guide tells you not to panic. :thumbsup:

In big friendly yellow letters no less  ^-^
posted on February 27th, 2010, 11:28 pm
Unit analysis looks beautiful  :thumbsup:
posted on March 7th, 2010, 5:28 am
Thanks mate :)

The Map Editing tab and all associated pages have been reworked, and Boggz' delightful commentary has been integrated into the Map Design page :). All it needs now are a few more images I think (don't worry, proper table of contents will be functional again soon)  ^-^

EDIT: Added some more sections (and pictures) to the "General Strategies and Tactics" section, added a new Borg configuration to the database.
posted on March 7th, 2010, 10:06 pm
I'm loving the Map Editing Section :). My compliments to Dom and Boggz!
posted on March 14th, 2010, 8:22 pm
Thank you muchly  :blush: Just glad that Boggz is such a good writer/comedian :D

Romulan Unit Analysis is up - admittedly, there are sections that just are not included because the units/abilities are getting changed.  :whistling: In general, because of the shape of Romulan balancing, a lot is just not possible to describe in the current version. Still... try to enjoy a bit  :sweatdrop:
posted on May 7th, 2010, 8:43 pm
Klingon, Romulan, Federation, and Dominion Databases are updated. Borg will take a little bit, so hang on. Still updating the rest of the guide as well :)

EDIT: Borg Database is now complete as well. Dominion and Klingon Unit Analyses updated as well.
posted on May 10th, 2010, 2:44 am
Romulan and Federation Unit Analyses are finally up to date.
posted on May 22nd, 2010, 11:20 pm
Well... all convoluted "damage tables" in the Unit Analyses have finally been removed, and are now substituted with a "counter table" that heads each Unit Analysis. Mouseover pictures of the ships will eventually be added, so I apologize that it is all text at the moment. Analyses of the various turrets have been added as well (except for Romies, as that requires a bit more...thinking). :)
posted on May 31st, 2010, 7:11 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on May 31st, 2010, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi folks, just letting you know that the guide has moved to a new hoster! We will now be available directly from the server that hosts Fleet Ops, courtesy of the fantastic DOCa Cola!  :woot: So, please visit The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fleet Operations :D

Note, the guide is not operational yet - we are still waiting on some stuff before it can be hosted again.  :whistling:

Scratch that, we're up now! Sadly, the information is from my last back up (can't get on the other server to retrieve it yet) so please be patient while I update stuff. I put some strategies up now too :)

EDIT: I put up all the strategies in the avatar specific sections that were saved from my last backup. I'm missing a few, so I'll work on trying to recreate them in the next few days :) Share and enjoy!  B)
posted on June 4th, 2010, 6:02 am
Due to the switch of hosts (and thus some files not being optimized) the Update Page on the Home Page of the guide no longer... updates  :blush: . Consequently, keep your eyes peeled as I have been correcting some small aspects of the Database in regard to percentages, as well as adding strategies in the Cooperative Multiplayer section as well as the main Strategy section for the avatars. More will come - stay tuned :)

If you have worked on some nice cooperative multiplayer strategies (or just general advice that isn't there) and want to see them on the guide, open a new topic and I'll see about putting them up there :)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6