EAccess Error

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on May 1st, 2017, 8:52 am
So, a little bit of info of why I'm trying to get this to work. Star Trek Armada 2 is the game that got me into the whole RTS genre in gaming. Because of this game, I have been playing Starcraft 2 and even became a part of a MLG competition team. So, onto the error. I will include my error report with this post. This error happens whenever I open up either Armada 2, with all patches including yours, and Fleet Ops with the latest version installed. It opens, wait a second, then the crash with the error. If anyone can figure out a fix, please let me know. And yes, I am running on Windows 10. This laptop came with it. If anyone can help, please let me know. Anyways, thank you all for making such a great mod launcher for Star Trek Armada 2 and hopefully, this can be fixed easily.

Attachments

Send to help..txt
(27.54 KiB) Downloaded 1161 times
posted on May 2nd, 2017, 2:24 pm
Seems to be crashing during initialization of the graphic interface. Updating drivers *might* help if you haven't done so already.
Another issue could be that one (or maybe all) of your connected monitors have to support resolutions of 800x600 and 1024x768. Certain displays might not enumerate these resolutions to the OS anymore.
posted on May 3rd, 2017, 1:59 am
It's gotta be Windows 10 then. Cause I can run both perfectly on the same hardware in a VM. Any chance of you guys updating Fleet Ops to run on Windows 10?
posted on May 3rd, 2017, 8:25 am
We have been working on fixing issues with the graphics engine before we finally stopped work on Fleet Operations. However we never were able to complete it. If you edit your configuration file, there is a switch to enable our experimental Direct3D 9 mode.

You can find your configuration file under XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations\FOData.ini
or Vista/7/8/10
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations\FOData.ini

note that these folders may be hidden in the default configuration of Windows.

An alternative way to reach this file:
Open the Run dialog (i.e. by pressing the Win + R keys on your keyboard simultaneously)
Copy&Paste the following:
Code: Select all
%APPDATA%\Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations

Click "OK"

I think the switch is called "D3D9". You have to change it from False to True. You'll run into new issues when using that mode but might at least fix this initialization issue.

We have no plans to continue working on Fleet Operations for Armada 2 or other Armada 2 patches.
posted on May 8th, 2017, 10:01 pm
DirectX 8 was deprecated some time ago, and support for it was removed from Windows 10 (possibly Windows 8 as well, not sure). Using what Doca describes will get it working under Windows 10, but you may find it somewhat unstable.

Try to avoid alt-tabbing out, and quit completely between matches, and it should be OK.