Change a projecile's size

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on August 9th, 2019, 12:14 pm
I would require two different projectile weapon sprite apart from the original. One smaller and one bigger, but I can't find any ODF command that would change the size of the sprite. ScaleSOD or radius doesn't seem to work...
posted on August 9th, 2019, 4:29 pm
I tried to do this as well (because the Borg gravi torps are too big imo), but I don't think there is a way, except changing the .sod model size in a 3d editor program and good luck finding one that can edit .sod files without screwing them up (I haven't found an importer/exporter+3d editor program combination that worked well).
posted on August 10th, 2019, 2:21 am
This is itching my brain really bad because I know somebody made a mod specifically to have the Generix torpedoes be smaller, but that was just forever ago. Or maybe they were bigger in the first Fleet Ops patch that had the new Generix, and they made them smaller in the second one...search the patch notes on here and maybe you'll find it.

Of course the answer might just be that they resized the SOD when they did this.
posted on August 10th, 2019, 11:33 am
Meanwhile I figured out that there are more than torpedo SOD for every faction so you have SOME room to be creative.
posted on March 21st, 2022, 4:09 pm
Haha, I finally figured this out. It's in the sprite settings in fleetops.spr, for example:

Code: Select all
#Borg Graviton
@sprite_node   borWGravitonGlow      weapon_gravitonglow      const               (1,15)      (1,1,1) billboard
@sprite_node   borWGravitonStar      weapon_corona         const               (25,25)      (0.1,1,0.3) billboard
@sprite_node   borWGravitonFade      weapon_fadestripe      const               (65,65)      (0.1,0.25,0.2) billboard
@sprite_node   borWGravitonCorona      flare_glow_soft         const               (90,90)      (0.01,0.025,0.02) billboard
@sprite_node   borWGravitonHit         weapon_gravitonhit      twosecondsoftfadeout   (60,60)      (1,1,1) billboard

Here 15, 25, 65 and 90 are the visual sizes of the different effects that constitute a graviton torpedo. The gravitonhit line is about the shield hit effect. You can do this with ship/station explosions too, those usually have sizes around 500.