Can installation be done without a Disc?

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on September 30th, 2013, 4:36 pm
I've never purchased Armada 2 before and I dont' have the CD for installation. Is there some way for me to install without have the CD?

Thanks,

Evan
posted on September 30th, 2013, 4:44 pm
not legally. you need an a2 disk to play fleetops.

you can install it without the disk as long as you have stock a2 installed, but to play the game it will need the disk.
posted on September 30th, 2013, 5:03 pm
Where should I buy the disc?
posted on September 30th, 2013, 6:08 pm
evanhjenkins wrote:Where should I buy the disc?

depends on your location.

i just checked the following:

amazon.co.uk has it for gbp 30 used

ebay.co.uk has it for gbp 23 used

amazon.de has the german a2 for eur 15 used

fleetops always installs in english, even if you use a non english copy of a2.

also consider looking for the "star trek action pack" which includes a2. not guaranteed to be cheaper, but it's a possibility.

all of those are completely legal and above board.

pirating the game is also an option, nobody will think less of you for it, but it's against the forum rules to give you links to pirated versions of the game.
posted on October 1st, 2013, 7:03 pm
legally only with a version of a2 installed technically you can without but i aint saying how
posted on October 19th, 2013, 9:44 am
Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to play fleet ops without the cd?
I have the game installed but I've lost my a2 cd. I also have fleet ops installed but I cannot play fleet ops without the cd. Any help would be much appreciated.
posted on October 19th, 2013, 9:55 am
Last edited by Myles on October 19th, 2013, 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dooley_001 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to play fleet ops without the cd?
I have the game installed but I've lost my a2 cd. I also have fleet ops installed but I cannot play fleet ops without the cd. Any help would be much appreciated.

no cd patches are available for a2, and will work with fleetops. they aren't illegal, either.

doca's nocd is available here:
http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_st_armada_2.shtml

raw link:
Code: Select all
http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_st_armada_2.shtml#Armada%202%20v1.1%20[ENGLISH/GERMAN]%20No-CD/Fixed%20EXE

i think in fleetops you rename it to armada2.ldl and replace the file of the same name in the fleetops data folder.

EDIT: fixed link

EDIT2: so url tags don't seem to work when a fragment uses %20 spaces.
posted on October 19th, 2013, 10:13 am
Thank you for the response, I'm not home at the moment but I will give it a shot when I am.
I enjoy your replays by the way, actually what made me want to play fleet ops again.