Quick tech to Defiant

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
1, 2, 3
posted on November 9th, 2010, 7:35 pm
ok i love the Defiant its my fav ship,so ive been wondering how fast u can actually get one in a match ive only managed 10-15 mins and thats against the ai :lol: but i havent really tried. :whistling:

also i think ive only seen the Defiant once in the replays which is a shame,but in saying that u dont see too many of the late game ships in competative online games

so what if any strats are avaliable for Defiant in 1v1 or 2v2
posted on November 9th, 2010, 7:36 pm
I don't know about 1v1, but I do know a method for 2v2; rush to Mixed-Tech with a Klingon or Romulan ally (preferably Romulan).
posted on November 9th, 2010, 7:44 pm
well this would work best as risner as u can tech faster.

i think it would be ai only, as any lucid human would whack your mining long before u got even 1 defiant.
posted on November 9th, 2010, 7:51 pm
lol just what i thought but still a shame online matches stick to early game ships (mostly) :crybaby:
posted on November 9th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Facist wrote:lol just what i thought but still a shame online matches stick to early game ships (mostly) :crybaby:

actually nearly all games make it to mid game stuff. like e2 spheres and vorcha.
posted on November 9th, 2010, 8:05 pm
il just say battle pit 4vs4, others will know what im talking about :innocent:
posted on November 10th, 2010, 2:25 am
Keep in mind that the Romulans (Mijural) have a unit which eats the defiant for breakfast. :innocent:
posted on November 10th, 2010, 4:12 am
There's a few ships that do that.  Neggie does wonderfully, but then again, I think that the neggie should be nicknamed 'Kratos'.
posted on November 10th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on November 10th, 2010, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Errr, Negh'var would be massacred by the Defiant. Not only is it dealing 40% less damage to the Defiant, the Defiant is dealing 24% more damage to the Negh'var  :whistling:

EDIT: you should be able to get a Defiant faster than that - a tentative build order back when I experimented with that  :blush:

SFE + Dil mining
Antares + Tri mining + Chassis 1
Eraudi + decomission Antares + Chassis 2
Chassis 3.
I believe that's just about 5 minutes.
posted on November 10th, 2010, 4:45 pm
nice Dom thanks for that  :thumbsup: ill give it a go :D
posted on November 10th, 2010, 8:54 pm
5 minute Defiant... :O

And 15 neghs with moqbara and special should be able to take on a defiant no problem! :P
posted on November 10th, 2010, 9:00 pm
About the time my first defiant came out, one of my expansions was under attack.  I had to build torpedo turrets to keep them at bay while I sent my Defiants back and fourth between the yards and the battle field until I got enough to build another yard at the battle field.  The Defiant isn't worth the risk.
posted on November 10th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Who new you couldn't defend your expansion with just one ship? xD
posted on November 10th, 2010, 9:26 pm
funnystuffpictures wrote:5 minute Defiant... :O

And 15 neghs with moqbara and special should be able to take on a defiant no problem! :P

Well, it's only 5 minutes till you get to the Chassis 3 Research - to finish that research and get to Defiants it takes another few minutes, which is 9 minutes in total for 1 Defiant. Hardly a bargain  :D
posted on November 10th, 2010, 9:31 pm
Last edited by TChapman500 on November 10th, 2010, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funnystuffpictures wrote:Who new you couldn't defend your expansion with just one ship? xD

Two defiants and a torpedo turret vs three of
and one of
and about half a dozen bugs.  Each attack was about 45 seconds apart and had a maximum of about 3 ships.
1, 2, 3